1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Mystery Science Theater 3000" - the comic book?!?

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by wonderfly, Feb 27, 2017.

1. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

You may be aware that the cult favorite TV show "Mystery Science Theater 3000" is returning (to Netflix), but apparently the awesomeness is coming to the world of comics:

A "Mystery Science Theater 3000" comic book is in the works, courtesy of Dark Horse comics! I'm hoping it's more then just a story about the characters living on the "Satellite of Love", I mean c'mon - they've just got to do an actual riffing of comic books! Making fun of old cheesy comic books should be a recipe for awesomeness!

They could easily just use Dark Horse Comics old library by itself. Or go out and get the rights to old discontinued comics! A shame they can't have access to Marvel or DC's old library...though maybe if this proves a success, Marvel or DC could license something out...

2. tereuo

tereuo Member

You think dark horse will rip on their older work?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

3. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Oh, please, yes, let it be so.

And if they could get a creator to sign off on some of their work being mocked, I'd love to see some of the old Grendel or Hellboy material being riffed, or riff some of "The Mask" comics, or some of the old John Byrne or Frank Miller material...

• Like Like x 1
    #3 wonderfly, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  4. tereuo

tereuo Member

As cool as that this and would be. I just don't see creators letting themselves open to that. We'll see, right?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk