1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

My thoughts on Liberty's Kids series

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by lwhitehead, May 18, 2017.

1. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 Active Member

Trying show a war in cartoons is practically an issue in the U.S. especially when it involves killing. And I remember (The Regulars are coming).

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

2. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

A bloodless Civil War cartoon sounds so crazy that I kinda want to see one now.

3. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Is there an episode about World War I or II?

4. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 Active Member

Not that I know of.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. ZukoFan

ZukoFan Member

I don't think it's *that* bad. The theme song is pretty solid (at least until that random hip hop section) and the voice acting had some surprising star power, including Arnold Schwarzenegger, Maria Shriver, Walter Cronkite, and Sylvester Stallone. I enjoyed it when I was younger, but not so much now. The animation is meh and the characters aren't terribly interesting. But it's not a HORRIBLE introduction to US history for young people, and as far as I remember, not nearly as offensive as things like Tom and Jerry whenever Mammie Toe Shoes appeared (terrible African American stereotype) or Peter Pan's "What Makes the Red Man Red?"

You can certainly do much worse, but in my opinion there are much better kids' shows out there.