1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

My New Animaniacs Blog

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by DarthGonzo, Apr 10, 2013.

1. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

It's a shame I still haven't read all of your blogs. I started from the beginning a couple months ago, and I enjoyed them, but due to real life, and the fact I myself have never seen the show, I left it behind. However, seeing your final post made me rather misty-eyed, and almost kind of inspired me to do a blog in this style with what I like. So to you DarthGonzo, thanks for entertaining dozens of people for months, and may you enjoy your day!

2. RyanA1992

RyanA1992 Member

I've been through nearly the entire ride (I discovered this blog on April 2013 shortly after you started it, when the latest episode you reviewed was....episode 14 I think?) and it's been very fun. I became a quite devoted follower of the blog soon after I discovered it and have been regularly checking back at the ToonZone forums to see when you review every next episode. Although I may not agree with all of your opinions for some episodes, I certainly respect them and it doesn't take away anything from the experience of reading your blog.

Darth, I don't know what to say other than THANK YOU for providing us with one of the most comprehensive analyses of Animaniacs the Internet has ever seen. Cheers. :D

3. Narfpinky

Narfpinky ~splash~
    Staff Member Moderator

Thank you, DarthGonzo! Your efforts have livened up the WBC forum.

I regret not being so involved in this thread, but I have read everyone's comments and a handful of Darth's blog posts. A lot of times whatever I had to say or think was already covered, and a lot of you know way more about the production than my mind can handle. ;-)

Yet this little romp took me back to the time of December 1995 to about September of 1998. I started incidentally watching Animaniacs, and became quickly hooked when I saw the humor was well above average for a kid's show. Through those years I was often delighted and amused by the antics of this show, and of course there were the eps that left me thinking the writers had an off day or two.;-) No series is ever 100% perfect for every fan all the time, but the gems in A! really shine brightly.

Great job, DarthGonzo, and thanks again!

4. CartoonFreak95

Actually SpongeBob had ended around 2002 but Nickelodeon stretched out it's episodes to cover it up. The show wasn't put on hiatus, it actually ended production and most of the crew members moved onto other shows and they made the movie with intention to be the finale and the show had ended (Even Jay Lender who works on the show said he worked on the original run). The show was brought back because Nickelodeon wanted more episodes and the merchandise was selling well (Which is the same reason Zim almost came back, the second reason anyway which also ended around the same time but unlike the sponge, it was cancelled). This is from an oral history of the show I read a while back at least.

It's a great blog though, very insightful. I'd recommend it to any Animaniacs fan ^^.

5. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

And thanks to that eBay auction that was mentioned in another thread, I've added title cards to the episode 69 blog entry...

Gotta Use The Potty, Better Stop The Car!: Episode...

I'm not good with photo editing, so if someone could possibly alter those images to remove the tops and bottoms of the frames from each screenshot, I'd really appreciate it,

6. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Here you go.