1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

My New Animaniacs Blog

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by DarthGonzo, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Kids WB Yourself!

Sonofagun, you're right -- I compared this to the DVD and it's the same shot. HMM.

2. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Nice wrap-up on StarToons, Mike. I always felt their animation style and designs fit in better on Animaniacs than they did on Tiny Toons. It's a darn shame domestic animation is in such short supply on TV if it's not Flash or CGI.

3. DaffyDonaldQW93

This is it people, the final episode of Animaniacs. All heck broke loose as A! got cancelled, and remained in reruns until late 1999. People wanted a reboot, because they thought there was still gas left in the tank! At least it ended when it ran it's course. I'm still trying to figure out what uncancelled Spongebob after the movie.

BTW, what was your intital reaction when you first saw it and found out it was the final episode?

4. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Spongebob was never cancelled -- it was put on hiatus while the creators worked on the movie.

5. DaffyDonaldQW93

okay. So what was your intial reaction to Animaniacs ending when your first saw that final episode? Were you shocked?

And oh btw i started a petition to end spongebob.

6. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

I can't believe it took me this long to find this out, and it's rather irrelevant now, but remember those missing titles card from about 50 episodes ago? They're actually intact on Amazon. Isn't that strange.

7. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

I was more relieved. The show was starting to stagger in quality, and I'd have rather have had A! end while it was still relatively good than let it continue to linger and become a zombie that refused to stay dead.

Not trying to derail this thread, but that's not gonna work. No mere petition can end SpongeBob. SpongeBob Squarepants has become more than just another kids' cartoon, it's a worldwide institution. I dare say the yellow sponge has become the 21st century's Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny, or at least Nick definitely thinks of him that way. For anyone tired of the sponge, you always have the option of not watching him when he comes on, 'cause Nick isn't about to pull the plug on it's biggest cash cow while he's still putting millions of butts into seats all over the world.

8. TenPoundHammer

TenPoundHammer Wanna be on Wheel of Fortune

So Skippy wasn't pitched up on the Christmas Tree episode? Odd.

9. Toon4Thought

He wasn't in Wakko's Wish either, and it's probably where it's the easiest to notice. Seriously, there are points where he sounds nothing like he did early on.

For some reason, I actually like the older-sounding voice. I don't know why.

10. iptumcea

iptumcea Member

One thing about episode 98 that I like is that it's one of the few entire entire episodes in the KidsWB era not to have a parody in it. When you look back, episode-wise, the KidsWB era isn't that long anyway. The original Fox run had 69 half-hours, but the KidsWB run had only 30, less than half of the other.

11. DaffyDonaldQW93

When will the last episode be up?

12. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

Not sure. Been slacking off on it a little bit, and we had a serious family emergency yesterday that's pretty much effected my entire week. It will be up eventually, so hang in there.

13. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Take your time, then. Emergencies come first.

14. iptumcea

iptumcea Member

In addition to Star Warners, will you also be doing your favorite Pinky and the Brain episode from the spin-off?

15. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

He already said episode 99, Wakko's Wish and Star Warners and no more. That means what it literally means; no more.

16. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

17. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

I can't think of a better or classier way to end the series than giving Richard Stone his own episode. Time would add an extra layer of bittersweet to the whole thing, as this was one of the last compositions he ever got to do.

18. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I know not many will agree with me, but I consider Tiny Toons to be the stronger of the two shows. Still, TTA never had the great send-off that A! had, with this wonderful tribute to Richard Stone.

19. Toon4Thought

Admit it. You like the Goodfeathers a lot more now than you did when you started this blog. That said, what stands out to me in this bumper is how sunlight rays are painted on the pigeons' rear profiles. That's a really impressive touch, I have to say. It almost makes the sunrise as beautiful as they're making it out to be.

Okay, that image of the off model Goodfeathers is hilariously bad. Yes, Wang has seriously reached that point. This is particularly odd because their Warners actually look pretty fine, at least compared to most of "Hooray for North Hollywood".

The Animaniacs Suite makes the clip show-type finale work wonderfully well. This is another thing that did not deserve to get its audio reduced to just one channel on the DVD. I honestly can't say anything about it that you haven't. It just sends off the series on a super high note.

20. RyanA1992

RyanA1992 Member

And a caricature of composer Julie Bernstein, of all people, is sitting right in between them. At least, according to the Animaniacs Wikia page for this cartoon.

And if you thought the off-model Goodfeathers were weird enough:

[​IMG]

Good grief, look at Rita. What the in the HECK is up with her green eyes?

Sub-par Wang animation and all, The Scoring Session seems just as suitable a short for the final episode as the brilliant sendoff that follows it, and it's worth watching just for the "Did you mean to write a B-flat?" gag.

And I think the producers KNEW that there couldn't have been a better way to end this series than with the Animaniacs Suite.