1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Season 7 Talkback

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by zoombie, Apr 15, 2017.

1. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

An all right episode, nice to see a Fluttershy episode that is not about her becoming more assertive. Heck you can make the argument she was too assertive not listening to Twilight.

So Zecora two episodes in a row, hmm interesting. It is kind of cool to hear her not rime. As for Mage Meadowbrook, they kept mentioning she disappeared, which makes me think she is alive, even though she would be ancient. Can't wait to see the old pony version of her.

So Fluttershy learned you have to take of yourself, before you help others. Good lesson.

2. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

3. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

A Health of Information: I liked this one. This was definitely a great Fluttershy episode, and the moral was a real good one. Fluttershy not sleeping reminded me of that episode with Applejack not sleeping until she got all the apples picked. A lot of Twilight's scenes were adorable, like sleeping with a book in front of her and her whining about "no sweet potato muffins".
    Zecora's mane-do after falling in the water looked nice. And Fluttershy's comment of taking back in thinking that "the flower looked pretty" was funny and I'm people have done that before. The whole Swamp Fever dilemma was actually pretty dark since being turned into a tree would be a crueler fate than death itself, and can you imagine how many ponies were turned into trees before Mage Meadowbrook found a cure? Mage Meadowbrook's story was interesting, and she's obviously like Fluttershy with living in a tree that looked like Fluttershy's, but bigger. I liked the accent as well. The ending with the doctor showing up in need for a cure was very surprising, and lucky for him as well.
    There's just Star-Swirl left from the Legends that still hasn't made his animated debut yet.

4. zoombie

Marks And Recreation

Wanting to help as many blank flanks as possible, the CMCs start a Cutie Mark Day Camp, but are surprised when one of their campers doesn't want a cutie mark.

Discuss

5. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I was rather interested in this episode when I first heard about it. When I first got into the show and found out what a cutie mark is, I kinda wondered what it would be like if a pony didn't want one. I was thinking more of an adult that didn't get one growing up, but I liked this too. I also thought it was also nice that he realized a cutie mark didn't tie him to one thing.

6. zoombie

So Cutie Marks in a way represents growing up. I thought I whole blank blank forever was like saying "I never want to grow up". Also the word blank blank has taking a while new meaning, it used to be a word to put someone down, but it was said a lot in this episode especially by the CMCs.

Anyone get the impression that Skeedaddle had a crush on Kettle Corn, I think if we do any next generation stories they are one of my couples. And Sweetie Bell trying to be clam was hilarious, she really is Rarity's sister. Nice to see a Wonderbolt get focus without Rainbow Dash appearing.

This episode had a good lesson of being open to anything, I really liked this episode and seeing the CMCs be the grown up of the episode and help others like the adults have helped them before.

So all and all a good episode, even though we continue with the lack of any true follow up on Diamond Tiara's redemption. I really want that and it is never happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ShadowBeast

Marks and Recreation: Pretty good episode. Rumble was pretty much Starlight 2.0 with worrying about cutie marks. But Rumble was much better written with better, even though I would've liked to smacked him upside the head with the way he turned the other foals against the CMC. His reason for not wanting a cutie mark was like when Applebloom was afraid of what her cutie mark might be in that dream episode.
    It's funny how Thunderlane is a Wonderbolt even though Rainbow Dash often called him a slacker in Hurricane Fluttershy. But then again, as if Rainbow Dash should talk, considering her lazy moments^^.
    It was funny how the other foals didn't take Scootaloo's "Rainbow Dash is practically a sister to me" gloat seriously.
    Shame Diamond Tiara has been demoted to background character. I'd bet she could've gotten the foals away from Rumble's camp a lot sooner.

8. zoombie

Once Upon A Time A Zeppelin

Twilight is torn when she discovers the cruise she and her family are on is a themed vacation experience in which ponies have paid for the privilege of spending time with her, and she must please both her family and the cruise attendees.

Discuss

9. ShadowBeast

I knew almost right away who the Zeppelin captain was, and that Twilight's Parents's prize was for something they didn't enter in the first place.

10. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

While I'm sure bronies will like this episode for providing more characterization for Twilight's parents, I ended up turning off this episode halfway through. The main reasons for it:

1. I had a feeling that the episode was going to rely too heavily on cringe comedy in the form of Twilight fanboys.

2. The idea of Iron Will being the person behind the cruise. While it was a fun surprise seeing him here, I do get this feeling that the person who wrote this episode hasn't really seen Putting Your Hoof Down, as he's pretty much a total jerk here (whereas in Putting Your Hoof Down, he is reasonable and it's obvious that Fluttershy's behavior is more her fault rather than Iron Will's).

11. ShadowBeast

Once Upon A Time A Zeppelin: This was a great episode. Twilight's lesson was kind of like Fluttershy's lesson two weeks ago, with thinking about yourself is okay sometimes. The sadness Twilight felt after missing that celestial event was heartbreaking and it was very understandable that she would be angry. StarTracker be creepy was a little funny. He's quite fast too. I guess Iron Will taking Fluttershy's "No" into his assertive seminar worked too well for his business. It was nice seeing the Sparkle family together and Twilight's mom wanting to do daredevil level stuff was cute, as was FlurryHeart in the daycare. Iron Will should go into "preparedness" type courses since Twilight's dad was right in him being prepared.

While Fluttershy's actions were her own fault in Putting Your Hooves Down, Iron Will isn't a completely moral character. Plus if Twilight's parents had read the fine print of the "contest winning" as they should have, Twilight wouldn't have been in such a mess in the first place. So Iron Will isn't 100% at fault anyway.
    Besides even in this episode, he wasn't as big of a conniver as Gladmane or the Flim/Flam brothers since Iron Will putting a fine print gave Twilight's parents fair warning about the trip that they can back out of.

12. zoombie

Well that was a fun episode, it is not seeing the whole family, is this the first time Twilight's parents ever talked? I am not sure. But they are so adorable.

Speaking of adorable, oh Flurry Heart so adorable, though I want to see her age so she can actually talk.

Now than the Iron Will, we all know from his voice, who it was, so that was a nice surprise. Though the role could have easily been taking by the Flim Film Brothers, this is something they would do.

Now than Star Traker, I don't know what to say about the guy, though I wonder does he have some family problems, I am getting dark back story in my head canon. And it seems he does a crush on Twilight.

Well than we are a few more episodes away form wrapping up the season.

13. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

That's my biggest issue with the episode: this whole plot feels more like a Flim Flam Brothers scheme than something Iron Will would do, with the writer using him instead due to the brothers being more AJ's enemies (and the fact that writer's a newcomer who probably couldn't come up with a new original character to use instead of Flim and Flam).

BTW, just a head's up: the rest of Season 7 has been leaked online (as well as an early animatic of the Season 1 opening and the Show Bible), so be careful if you want to avoid spoilers (although the season finale does look like a two-parter that I can tolerate).

14. zoombie

Or Discord, granted it is not in his character to care about making money, but manipulating and messing with Twilight, that is so Discord. Than again, he wouldn't because if Fluttershy found out, that is not something he wants.

15. zoombie

Secret and Pies

Pinkie Pie suspects Rainbow Dash of secretly hating her pies.

Dosciss

16. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I loved this episode. I had a lot of fun watching Pinkie and I’m glad the issue between her and Rainbow Dash got resolved.

17. zoombie

So I guess Twilight and Rarity aren't the only drama queens on the show, my god Pinkie take it easy, it just a pie, it is not like it is your family name.

Anyway this was an entertaining episode, but it was slice of life right to the point. So Rainbow Dash doesn't pies, I wonder if we will ever get any backstory on that.

18. zoombie

Uncommon Bond

When Starlight gets a visit from Sunburst, she discovers that he has tons in common with her friends and starts to wonder if he still has anything in common with her.

Discuss

19. zoombie

Well this episode does show that Starlight sometimes takes things too far. This is a very realistic problems showing that sometimes people grow apart and this shows how to deal with it.

Have to admit, little Starlight and Sunburst is so cute. Great to see some of these other characters like Maud and Trixie gets some spotlight, it seems we are building towards a new Mane 6.

So the ending, set up for the finale I guess.