1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - News & Discussion

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by The Nameless, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 Active Member

Please let the Cutie Mark Crusaders get their cutie marks sometime this season,end their suffering for goodness sake!

2. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

If the Cutie Mark Crusaders were to ever get their Cutie Marks, then their 'quest', and consequently their primary character shtick, would be over, and they'd have no reason to be the Cutie Mark Crusaders anymore, so that can't happen, except maybe in the show's final season.

3. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

I say go for it already if they want more character development and less hacky writing.

4. SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX Active Member

5. Rynnec

Rynnec Active Member

If the CMC get their Cutie Marks, then that's a tell tale sign that the show is in its final season...ideally.

6. Kazuya Prower

Kazuya Prower Keeping it Tails since 2005

7. Edward15

Edward15 To The Toons Of The 2000's!

I hear Discord will be in the season premiere. I'm sure he won't be responsible for what happens and is just there to watch the fun. Something Q usually does. I wonder if he'll get more character development. I know that the reason he was reformed was so that he could come back more often, but it would be nice to develop him a little more.

8. Kazuya Prower

Here's some more season 4 goodness.

30-second clip of the premiere:
    Equestria Daily: TV Guide Releases Season 4 Premiere Teaser

Extended synopsis and snapshot of the third episode:
    http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/11/season-4-episode-3-synopsis-expanded.html

A snapshot of the premiere with a Tweet:
    Equestria Daily: The Hub posts Season 4 Screenshot + Related Tweet

9. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

And he couldn't as a villan how...?

10. Edward15

Do you know how repetitive it would be for Discord to continuously break free from his stone prison only to be turned back to stone at the end of each of his appearances?

11. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

So an awkward mishmash of pandering to both bronies and little girls was the only other opinion. Right.

12. Edward15

Granted, "Keep Calm and Flutter On" could've been better, but they couldn't reform Discord completely. They need room to give him more character development. Besides, what Discord fan would want him to completely give up his mischievous ways? As an anti-hero, he's even more like Q from Stark Trek.

13. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

Personally, I would have been fine with Discord staying a memorable one-off. If you have to keep him around, do it in a way that doesn't make John de Lancie look desperate for work.

14. Edward15

Well, I guess the writers had so much fun with his character that they decided to bring him back.

15. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

Wouldn't a good episode be where they had to work with ones who AREN'T They Friends?

Spike with Garble
    Dash with lightning dust
    Twilight with Trixie or Sunset

Because that's what the bad guy be counting on

16. Kazuya Prower

Episode 6's title is revealed:

17. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I want to comment on this a bit. Sometimes I get the impression that a lot of the fandom seem to lack the imagination the creators and writers of the show have, shooting down any potential plots and ideas without ever considering the possibilities. I want to see the CMC get their cutie marks because it could expand on their characters and have them try new things. There's no need for their shtick to end if that's a problem, maybe they could start an agency where they help younger fillies find their talents and thus get their cutie marks. It's a new shtick that doesn't deviate much from their original one, and could even remain for the rest of the show. Try new stuff, don't be afraid to consider new ideas instead of being to quick on dismissing them.

Also, we've gotten plenty of CMC episodes that don't involve them getting their cutie marks. So even then, there would be no need to write them off the show.

18. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

I never said nor implied that the CMCs could, would or should be written out of the show if they were to ever receive their Cutie Marks, just that without their quest, one of their prime motivating factors for doing things would be done away with, and as such it doesn't seem like something the writers or the network would want to do, at least not right away. That's not meant to be a knock against the show's writers and creators, just general knowledge of TV writers. Writers often tend to stick to established formulas, and networks tend to want to milk those formulas for all their worth (IIRC, Hasbro was for a time considering a CMC spinoff series for preschoolers at one point, but it didn't happen).

I'm aware that the CMCs have had numerous stories which didn't involve them trying to get their Cutie Marks, and if the writers ever wanted to move away from that or change the variables of that, I'd be all for it, as long as the stories were entertaining.

19. Vegard Aune

Vegard Aune Member

True that... Heck, in a way I almost feel embarrassed at how against the whole Alicorn Twilight idea I was at first, because what ultimately warmed me up to it was the realization that, y'know, it does open up possibilities for new stories they otherwise might not have been able to do. The very first episode of this season seems to be getting straight on that too, going by the descriptions. (Which is why, when I heard that Twilight struggling to cope with her newfound responsibility was going to be part of the plot of the opening, my reaction was basically "Yes! That's exactly what I wanted them to do here!")

20. Kazuya Prower

Do not fret, Rarity fans. Meghan McCarthy confirmed on Twitter that Rarity will have more than one spotlight episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.