1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

My Batman Animated autograph matte

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by DR.MID-NITE, Nov 16, 2009.

1. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

Just finished my Batman Animated autograph matte. I am just waiting for a couple of responses from 2 people.

[​IMG]

From top (Left to right)
    -Helen Slater (Talia), Adam West (Gray Ghost), Will Friedle (Terry McGuiness, future Batman), Richard Moll (Two-Face), Alan Rachins (Clock King), Marc Singer (Man-Bat)

-Carmen Zapata (Judge Vargas), Dana Delaney (Andrea Beaumont), Efrem Zimbalist (Alfred), Adrienne Barbeau (Catwoman), Ron Perlman (Clayface), Ed Asner (Roland Dagget)

-Marilu Henner (Veronica Vreeland), Robert Costanzo (Det.Bullock), Bob Hastings (Com.Gordon), John Glover (Riddler), Michael Ansara (Mr.Freeze), Aron Kincaid (Killer Croc)

-Mari Devon (Summer Gleeson), Ingrid Oliu (Off.Montoya), Tara Strong (Batgirl), Paul Williams (Penguin), Diane Pershing (Poison Ivy), George Dzundza (Scarface)

-Henry Silva (Bane), Diana Muldaur (Dr.Thompkins), Kevin Conroy (Batman), Loren Lester (Robin,Nightwing), Mark Hamill (Joker), Roddy McDowell (MadHatter), Henry Polic (Scarecrow)

-Kate Mulgrew (Red Claw), Lloyd Bochner (Mayor Hill), Brock Peters (Lucius Fox), Mathew Valencia (Robin), Arleen Sorkin (Harley Quinn), David Warner (Ra's al Ghul), John Vernon (Rupert Thorne)

2. clownkingofcrime

3. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

That is awesome, DR.MID-NITE! I feel like I've seen this before, but has certainly been a while. That is great, especially because some of those folks are no longer around to get autographs from (Lloyd Bochner, Brock Peters and John Vernon that I know of off the top of my head).

So you're still missing Carmen Zapata (Judge Vargas) and Marilu Henner (Veronica Vreeland) then? You have probably done this, but I was curious so I looked at IMDb and Carmen hasn't acted since 2002 and is 80 so I would imagine she is tough to contact. Marilu still acts though. Being a part of two notable live action shows (Taxi and Evening Shade) I would think she wouldn't be terribly difficult to get ahold of (of course I haven't tried and I'm guessing you have).

If you're willing to share, I'd love to know what Alan Rachins wrote. It looks like he really filled up the paper.

4. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

-Yes, I posted my original matte a few years back. But, I redid it and added new people.

-Their are actually 4 actors who are deceased that I have. Brock & Vernon. Plus Lloyd Bochner and the great Roddy McDowell.

-I am waiting for Marilu Henner. Carmen is a gamble. I did find an address from an autograph website I belong to. If it comes back undelivereable. I plan on getting the Bruce Timm autographed card that came out with the Justice League trading card set.

-Alan Rachins was very nice. I had written to him a few times with no luck. And he is a great signer. So I emailed him through his website and he emailed me back. He gave me his home address and within a few weeks got it back signed. He just wrote that he was glad to help someone with so much persistance.

Doing this matte makes me miss the show even more. Going to have to watch it tonight on dvd again.

On a side note. I was lucky to get Adam West for free. A few weeks after I got his back. He started charging for his autograph through the mail.

If anyone has any questions or want to write to some of the actors. Let me know. I can give you what I have. Some are very nice and respond quickly. Efram Zimbalist being one of them.

I do these type of mattes with my custom cards for other shows and movies. If anyone is interested in seeing them. You can go to this site. and I posted most of them there..
    http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=133930&sid=c6fa89b688a630b3c2af2543751346dc

5. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

What a collection! That's fantastic. Great job. :)

I only have autographs from three B:TAS alumni. Marc Singer (though it's a signed Beastmaster photo), Ernie Hudson (who played "Security Guard" in The Joker's Wild, and it's a signed Spacehunter photo), and two from Kevin Conroy. The first I got in person when I met him at a Warner Bros. store and he signed a page from Batman: Animated, and the second is a Bruce Wayne cell copy thanking me for my website, acquired in New York by a friend.

6. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Well thanks again for sharing. Your collection is really neat. I see you have a blank space on your Chuck one. I nominate Tony Todd to fill that spot. ;)

I realized after I posted that I forgot about Bochner and added him to my post. I can't believe I forgot about McDowell.

Maybe you helped him realize his autograph was still worth something to people. :p

7. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

That's cool about Singer. I wasn't sure I would get him through the mail. Not many people have had success. Thats awesome about Conroy. I wish he would do more conventions. I have a Mask of the Phantasm poster that was signed by Bob Kane. I would love for him to sign it. I did have Adrienne Barbeau sign it at a book signing she did near me.

Penguin,

Trust me Adam West doesn't need me for that. I have seen him appear at a couple of conventions. He always has a long line of people with money to give him. LOL

8. Russkafin

Russkafin Bringer of Darkness

This is so cool!! I have never seen anything quite like this! How long ago did you start it? You must have invested a lot of time and effort in gathering all these autographs. Did you get most of them through the mail, then? Very cool stuff, I am quite impressed!!

9. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

I have been collecting autos since 1995. In the past year I have been redoing them with the photo cards. If I can't get the actor to sign a new one. I just matte the original auto around a custom card. Yes, most were through the mail. Some were from UACC member dealers. Not sure if you went to the link I posted earlier. It has most of my other autographed mattes.

10. tmnachobat

tmnachobat Member

That is fanatstic!
    Congtrats, my friend.
    I wish it was possible for me to get some but i am not in the usa... anyway, at least i have a good collection of dvd´s, comics and toys...

11. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

So happy for you! I remember you telling us about this project - it's even more stunning now that it's complete. Amazing job! Hope to see it in person someday!

12. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

Thanks. Its nice to be able to chat with others who also are big fans of Batman.

On a side note. Here are some other DC related mattes....

Smallville
    [​IMG]

The Flash
    [​IMG]

Lois & Clark
    [​IMG]

13. adoptedBatpuppy

adoptedBatpuppy Confidence is the Key

Wow! These are so Neat! Great Inspiration to us fans!
    How were you able to get everyone involved on these shows to sign them? :cool: Ok through the mail. Did you meet any of the actors in person?
    How long did it take you do this? How expensive was this?

Thank you for sharing

14. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

Most were through the mail. Others were from appearances at conventions or UACC registered dealers.

Going to be reposting the Smallville one. I just got Alaina Huffman (Black Canary) in the mail today. :)

15. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

When I was scrolling and saw the Flash board, I was totally thinking ''Oh man, he totally has a Lois and Clark one, doesn't he!'' And sure enough, you do. Too bad that main shot of Teri and Dean is reversed though, for some reason. Awesome that you got Lane Smith - he'll always be Perry White. What a guy.

If I may encourage you to expand upon your Lois and Clark Board (as a challenge, to he who has already impressed us greatly), why not see if you can add the following actors to your board of greats:

-Jason Trask (Terence Knox)
    -Tez (Roger Daltrey)
    -Zara (Justine Bateman)
    -Ching (Mark Kiely or Jon Tenney)
    -Dr Klein (Kenneth Kimmons)
    -Tempus (Lane Davies)
    -Lex Luthor Jr (Keith Brunsmann)

Since you clearly need a new challenge ;)

16. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

Definitely, don't need any more challenges. I try to get people who are on the show more than once. Except, with Smallville where I had to get certain characters who are big mythology wise (ie-Zatanna etc).

I have a few mattes I am redoing now. Just waiting for some more sigs. All 3 CSI's, Lost, Heroes and Carnivale.

Here is my Harry Potter matte. I am going to be expanding it. I have a few more new autos from cast members from the new movie and to incorporate movie posters from each of the 8 movies.

[​IMG]

I am also putting this matte together for my daughters (who are Twilight fanatics)...

[​IMG]

17. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

WOW! Great stuff!

18. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

Well if the Carmen Zapata card doesn't come back. I have a backup...

[​IMG]

19. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Awesome... and you should really use Zatanna (Julie Brown) instead of Carmen Zapata.

I know, as a character, I'd would much rather have Zatanna and her voice actress signiture on my wall.

20. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

Some updates and new mattes.

Harry Potter (When done it will have 117 signatures)
    [​IMG]

Heroes
    [​IMG]

Seaquest
    [​IMG]