My 200th game!

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, May 3, 2012.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword! Moderator

After decades of purchasing, trading and hunting, I'm proud to report that today, my personal library gained its 200th video game.

And here it is:

[​IMG]

I don't have a Genesis, nor have I ever owned a Genesis game before that wasn't just running emulated on a different console. It was free.

As I've pointed out in the past, people have a tendency to just dump their junk at Schoolhouse Supplies even if the majority of it has nothing to do with school or has any use in a classroom. In one of these boxes, I found a VHS tape of the fifteenth anniversary special for Saturday Night Live (I wonder how that is). I also found the Sonic game, box and all, and I was initially thrilled because of the Not For Resale, or NFR notification. I have also pointed out in the past that NFR copies of games are rarer and worth a lot more.

.....Except for this one. After I got home, the Internet revealed to me the real reason the box says Not For Resale is because it was the pack-in cart for a while, which means there are a billion of these and they're worthless.

Oh well. I still think it's neat to have around.

My 100th game was La Pucelle Tactics in 2005.

2. Chris

Chris Corn is good and good for you!

Well, Sonic 2 for the Genesis is still a good game nonetheless. You should try tracking down a cheap Genesis and play it.