Mulberry "Year Six" Talkback

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

This is the talkback thread for the newest feature cartoon on the site, "Year Six." "New" being the relative term as it's been up there an obscenely long time.

My original plan was to do a few more one or two-part stories and then retire for the summer, but then I got an idea SO good (and so within a certain time period) that it had to be drawn NOW before it was too late. This is Mulberry's first real "adventure" plot; it's very different from her previous stories but it's the kind of thing I've wanted to do for a while, as I think Mulberry is the kind of character that can carry it well.

The truth is, though, right now it's up in the air whether I'll finish the story now or take the vacation from the features that is long overdue for me. It's in a real cliffhanger of a spot, so I'm worried such a move would tick you off, but I think it'd be better for the story if I don't become weary and halfass the climax. What do you think--do you want it finished now, or later?

Whatever I choose, one thing's for certain: it'll be done before the Chaps actually update H*R again....

2. Peter Paltridge

This is the talkback thread for the newest feature cartoon on the site, "Year Six." "New" being the relative term as it's been up there an obscenely long time.

My original plan was to do a few more one or two-part stories and then retire for the summer, but then I got an idea SO good (and so within a certain time period) that it had to be drawn NOW before it was too late. This is Mulberry's first real "adventure" plot; it's very different from her previous stories but it's the kind of thing I've wanted to do for a while, as I think Mulberry is the kind of character that can carry it well.

The truth is, though, right now it's up in the air whether I'll finish the story now or take the vacation from the features that is long overdue for me. It's in a real cliffhanger of a spot, so I'm worried such a move would tick you off, but I think it'd be better for the story if I don't become weary and halfass the climax. What do you think--do you want it finished now, or later?

Whatever I choose, one thing's for certain: it'll be done before the Chaps actually update H*R again....

3. An Eskimo

An Eskimo New Member

I don't really mind, but who won the coloring contest?

4. Agent S7

Agent S7 Destined to Rock

Whoever it was, it wasn't me. I had no idea WHAT I drew. While I colored and edited I thought of it as satire...but...er...:confused:

On the subject of Year Six: That comic rules. It's your choice whether you want to finish it now or later, but I like it a lot. It's a good, well-written adventure with plenty of humor mixed in. So...izkewl. :D

~s7

5. Peter Paltridge

Agent S7 entered George W. Bush on Yoshi's body in a field full of Teletubbies. He was also the only person to send anything in, so I quietly shut the contest off.

I was hoping there were some real artists around, or at least a few who'd be willing to show how bad they are in the name of good humor.

6. Peter Paltridge

Agent S7 entered George W. Bush on Yoshi's body in a field full of Teletubbies. He was also the only person to send anything in, so I quietly shut the contest off.

I was hoping there were some real artists around, or at least a few who'd be willing to show how bad they are in the name of good humor.

7. Supermitto

Supermitto New Member

You always run to the risk of losing reader interest when you break something up... even with a particularly good story with momentum like this one. I'd say if you only have one more update planned, it might be best to wrap it up, but if it's snowballing in your head and you can imagine this getting quite a bit crazier over several more updates...may as well take a break until the creativity is really flowing and you're inspired to do justice with a great conclusion.

8. I5Spiders

I5Spiders New Member

Aww, If I knew about it I would have done something for it :(

9. Peter Paltridge

UPLOADED: 18 MORE PAGES FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF 60!

Yes, it's finally over. This final portion is twice as long as a normal update, and boyyy was it a bear to tackle--I worked on meeting this deadine for several hours a day for over a week and still barely made it. Yet I DID, and there it is, finally in its entirety. I didn't want to split this in half--it goes into surprising and emotional places that I didn't want interrupted.

Let me know what you think. As I said previously, this is quite a different story and I wanted the climax to be the best part. In my opinion I succeeded, but you have the final word on that.

10. Mulberry

Mulberry Resident Heiress

Honestly, people, if I had to go through all this, the least you can do is read it.

Don't get me wrong--I don't care about Peter either--I just don't want that night to go to waste.

11. Dynamite XI

Dynamite XI Whoa, where have I been?

I read the whole thing...Whoa, simply whoa.

(Good whoa.)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2006
  12. Bakertoons

Bakertoons Don't break a Pinkie Promise.

Wow, it looks like there's a real life "year 6" scandal going on right now, with the Foley thing and all (okay, it's not exactly a Dubya thing, but his party is screwed).