1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Mulberry "A Terrible Fate" Talkback

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Mulberry #28 - A Terrible Fate (Page 1)

There was a brief point in time where I thought I would have a Majora's Mask Limited Edition New 3DS XL by now. I managed to make it on a waiting list, and yes, it was the Best Buy waiting list that wound up cancelling everyone's order at the point where it was two days past too late to get a reserve anywhere else.

I was sore about it at first, but then I realized, since my intent was to actually use it and not keep it in the box forever, and since Nintendo only made like twenty of them and they're so coveted, the chances of some guy swiping it out of my hands on a bus or a restaurant waiting area would increase by 500%. Yeah, people walk around with $500 phones all the time, but those phones aren't super limited collector's editions made of solid gold.

What it means is, if Nintendo really doesn't make any more, they've created an utterly useless product -- a brick. You can't actually use it for what it's for, or you'll lose it. It's made to lock in a safe. Maybe I dodged a bullet; what do you think?

Also, the current average price for a MMN3DSXL on eBay "IN HAND!" is $400, not $5000, but the truth wasn't as dramatic and it's only that low because eBay is oversaturated with them right now. I expect the price to creep up to nasty levels once only two or three are available on the site per week.

2. Alex Sarosi

Alex Sarosi Member

I am betting money that Mulberry gets her 3DS back.

3. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Hope you didn't bet a lot; that was never planned. I thought it was funnier if the JUNKIE got it back.

Mulberry #28 - A Terrible Fate (Page 10)

Designing characters is one of the art skills I need to work on, and this story provided the opportunity to design plenty of them....but not the time to. It's always bothered me that all my cops look the same. When a bunch of people have the same uniform it's difficult to make them visually different.

If it seems updates to the site have slowed, there's a reason for it, and it's the same one as before. Things will pick up once this new issue is closer to complete.