1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

'MTV 2002 Video Music Awards' Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Moonbay, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Telling it like it is

LMAO!

2. Defector

Defector mein Augengl├╝hen

I think Eminem made a real jackass out of himself. How he dissed Moby for no reason at all.

Christina- What the hell?
    Britney- Ms. S&M
    Avril- Yummy :D
    Michelle- That was like a poncho that she wore

And that was so damn funny what Micheal Jackson did.

Best Performance- Guns n Roses.
    That rocked! Axl is back!!! With BucketHead! LOL

Then secondery, P diddy with Busta and Pharrel. That was cool. With so many peopl on stage.

That was also very funny what Jimmy Fallon did at the beginning. Spoofing Eminem, Avril, Nelly, White Stripes, and Enrique.

Although not the most shocking and amazing VMAs Jimmy did a kick ass job hosting. :D

3. Chibi Kageboshi

Chibi Kageboshi The Sessy Bizatch

You are 100% correct. she might not be as talented but her video kick butt and they are way better than the pink one that one. Shakira's was better too.

#43 Chibi Kageboshi, Aug 30, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2002
  4. Galaxia

Galaxia My Favorite Ed

Re: The Good. The Bad. The Comment. The Grade.

SpikeJet's tears flow like waterfalls ;_; U_U;

But whatever - I think Christina Aguilera was wearing a glorified Ace bandage o.o

5. Chris Sanders MSX

Chris Sanders MSX The MAN is back

Man, But still it was a hot ace bandage. I mean she has the body to pull off stuff like that... it looked good.

6. Chibi Kageboshi

Who?

7. Bobby Boy 101

Bobby Boy 101 Demi's Throttle

Christina

Oh, and Im glad u understand my thoughts on Brit, Chibi

8. Chris Sanders MSX

Christina ! And this change only shows that she had more control over her album this time around. she's said time and time again how much she loves hip hop and they won't let her include it when her albums. She is latino, so it seems like she's just being more of herself.

I think the outfit she had on was hot. As the vice president of the halter top club, I have to give her props for being able to pull it offa nd being comfortable enough with her body to do it.

And like I said Christina and Michael Jackson both sounded funny, considering pink's condition I think somebody spiked the punch at the show. Alot of the stars looked out of it.

9. Chibi Kageboshi

1. Christina is a tanned, oiled up stick!

2. Shakira, enrique, ricky and Paulina are latin and dont so hip-hop.

10. Chris Sanders MSX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Christina ! And this change only shows that she had more control over her album this time around. she's said time and time again how much she loves hip hop and they won't let her include it when her albums. She is latino, so it seems like she's just being more of herself.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

True. But there are some latin artist that are so hip hop, so I guess it depends on whta your into and not your race. So withdraw that comment...heh

11. gtracer72

gtracer72 All hail Starscream!!

I watched it last night, and it mostly sucked. Jimmy Fallon doing all the singer impersontations was hilarious, but after that, :yawn: . And why did they give Michael Jackson an award, what has he done. The dog who was next to Moby, that was awesome. He took a shot at R Kelly, that was funny. :D :D

When I watched it, I did not see Eminem get booed. How did Linkin Park beat Korn and System of a Down?? And that Arvil chicl, she isn't that good, she's not even that good looking either, how did she win best new artist?? And Mary J. Blige, she is awful, how in the world did she win an award, how???

12. Chibi Kageboshi

1. Avril is talented just depends on your taste and i happen to think she is hot but even if she wasnt looks dont matter at all.

2. Mary J Blige is talented.

13. Zero Signal

Zero Signal Caught Somewhere In Time

All that talk a few pages back about Eminem getting booed is probably going to confuse people. I caught part of the 15,000th reapeat of this year's awards show earlier and MTV edited that out. Nope, now he doesn't yell at or threaten Moby or get booed, and MTV shows us just how cool they are by keeping people from seeing how somebody really is.

14. The Game

The Game One Stratusfied Customer

In all honesty (I'm an Eminem fan after all) I thought that Eminem's comments toward Moby were unwaranted and unneccesary. It's funny when he disses the guy in his songs and videos, but right to his face at an event seems... Wrong, mean, and inaproptiate.

What was up with Christina Aguilera? Did you guys see her in the pre-show? She thinks she's all ghetto now... She talks like she's from the hood or something. She's still pretty hot though.

Britney in leather... Yum...

I think Avril is talented and hot (very much so) but I agree she probably wasn't the most deserving of the best new artist award... Oh well.

I must agree that Jimmy Fallon was bad. He just wasn't funny. When he spoofed all of the videos it was pretty cool, but the rest of the show he just came off as lame and awkward. When he was making fun of Fat Joe about the Olson twins, the places was DEAD silent, and Fat Joe didn't crack a smile... Not it good taste, Jimmy, not in good taste.

-The Game

15. Chris Sanders MSX

I gotta dissagree I mean come on. If a guy is going to diss me in a song, he may as well do it to my face. It shows that atleast he's not just talking. ANd as for everyone telling Em to pick on
    somebody his own size... What are they talking about ? Both are men, and Moby's just shy that doesn't mean he won't put up a fight..although it seems like I'm wrong.

16. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede Active Member

Eminem is nothing but a punk. He likes to act all tough and brag about being controversial and such. I believe one-on-one Moby "The Left Wing Fanatic" VS. Eminem "Punk-ass white boy" Moby would beat him down.

17. wussiewussie

wussiewussie horror kid

the only problem is that could never happen. eminem isn't man enough to face any of his problems and has his little D12/obie crew beat down anyone he has beef with. they all beat down on esham and i think TNT on the warped tour, had to be like 10 on 2.. nice odds. but i'd love to see moby beat eminem senseless. i love his music, but good lord is he a little pussy.

18. wussiewussie

wussiewussie horror kid

it's not so much doing it in person, but the VMAs are an event where musical artists that normally would have nothing to do with each other should come together and whatnot. it doesn't make a difference because all eminem can do is talk, and he can't let other people talk either.

19. Chibi Kageboshi

God. Alot of you are judging Eminem like you know him. This could all very weel be a publicity stunt. And even if it wasnt you're getting mad cuz he was saying thing to moby? well what are you now doing to eminem? atleast Eminem said it to Moby's face.

20. Chibi Kageboshi

Question of the year:

Will J-Lo ever stop saying "I'm just a girl from the bronx"?