Movies that you would like to see on Cartoon Network in the future

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by SF4Ever, Jul 17, 2014.

1. SF4Ever

SF4Ever New Member

There are some movies I'd like to see broadcast on Cartoon Network in the future:

- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 A sequel to Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs with Mr. T as Officer Earl Devareaux, but this time, Terry Crews takes over the role of Ofc. Devareaux.

- Hotel Transylvania Genndy Tartakovsky's movie for Sony Pictures Animation with an ensemble voice-over cast that includes Adam Sandler, Kevin James and Selena Gomez.

- Smurfs 2 Jonathan Winters' last film, where he portrayed Papa Smurf, also from Sony Pictures Animation.

- Alvin & the Chipmunks Fox Films movie with Alvin, Simon & Theodore in CGI form.

- The Lorax Universal Animation's film, based on the Dr. Seuss book with Zac Efron and Taylor Swift.

- Fat Albert Fox Film, based on characters, created by Bill Cosby. Russell still stuck in the animation junkyard of North Philadelphia.

- Public Enemies Warner Bros./D.C. Comics animated movie with Batman and Superman.

Right now, that's all I can think of in terms of movies that I would like to see Cartoon Network broadcast in the future, but it's going to be Christina Miller's call as far as what movies will air on her network. If anyone has any ideas as far as what movies that you would like to see Cartoon Network air, chime in, right now.

2. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

cn should do more WB Cartoon movies, it be cool see The Lego Movie on CN, seance CN Airs alot Lego related things (Mixals, Chima, Ninjago etc)
    i

3. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Active Member

No offense but most of the movies you mentioned are terrible, then again Cartoon Network shows a lot of bad movies.

I'm in favor of them showing more of the animated DC movies, they showed the PG-13 Spiderman so it's not out of the realm of possibility plus there are a lot of people who have never seen them.

Regardless CN needs a larger movie library most of there movies are already part of the TBS library and shown on the network plenty of times.

4. Fix-it Felix Jr.

Fix-it Felix Jr. New Member

You named most of the movies that I think could air it the future.
    Other films that could air are some of the newer films from DreamWorks Animation:
    -From 2008 on (Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar 2, Monsters Vs. Aliens, Shrek Forever After, Megamind, How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda 2, Puss in Boots, Madagascar 3, Rise of the Guardians, The Croods, Turbo)
    -Warner Bros (Happy Feet 2, the Harry Potter films, The Lego Movie, DC Original Animated Films)
    -Marvel Cinematic Universe Films (Iron Man through Captain America)
    -Disney (the Pirates of the Caribbean films, John Carter, The Chronicles of Narnia films, Tron: Legacy)
    -Blue Sky Studios (Horton Hears a Who!, Ice Age 3 and 4, Rio, Epic).

5. THGhost

THGhost New Member

Dexter's Ego Trip, anybody? Y'know, an actual CN movie. Since when did CN start airing movies that weren't theirs?

6. classictoonami

classictoonami Member

they could air turtles forever

7. SF4Ever

SF4Ever New Member

How about some old movies on Cartoon Network, such as these:

- We're Back: A Dinosaurs Story Universal Animation's movie, from 1994 with a who's who, doing voice-overs.

- Once Upon a Forest Hanna-Barbera/20th Century Fox movie from 1993, with an ensemble celebrity voice-over cast.

- The Secret of Nimh: Timmy to the Rescue MGM's follow-up to 1982's The Secret of Nimh.

- Daffy Duck: Quackbusters One of Mel Blanc's last movies, from Warner Bros.

- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm Warner Bros. 1993 feature film, as Batman goes up against a killer, known as the Phantasm.

- Smurfs: Smurfquest 1986 made-for-TV movie, from Hanna-Barbera, where Grandpa Smurf arrives at the Smurf village and they have to search for 3 essential elements, before Gargamel gets his hands on them. Now distributed by Warner Bros.

- Journey Back to Oz 1974 Filmation feature film, based on 1939 MGM movie, The Wizard of Oz. The movie, itself, is now distributed by DreamWorks Animation.

That's all I have, for now, but these are certainly possibilities to look into.

8. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Love and peace

I'd like it if they aired the few Ghibli films they haven't already. I don't think Pom Poko, Porco Rosso, or Tales From Earthsea ever got played and would be good candidates, but The Wind Rises and From Up on Poppy Hill might be too slow for CN.

9. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

Why do you want Cartoon Network to show Secret of NIMH 2? That movie was awful. It was just as bad as the first NIMH was good. I usually try not to base my opinions of movies on comedy internet reviews, but the Nostalgia Critic's review of Timmy to the Rescue showed me that I made the right choice in staying as far away from that movie as possible.

10. JordanPowers95

JordanPowers95 Professional Nobody

The movie that immediately came to mind after reading the title of this thread is The Lego Movie. It's as if that movie was just made for Cartoon Network.
    As for others, I think it would be cool to see more animated DC Comic movies, as someone else here stated before.
    I'd also like to see more 'creepy' stop-motion animated films (Paranorman, Coraline, Frankenweenie, etc) air on halloween rather than the standard stuff CN airs (Scary Godmother, Billy and Mandy movies, etc). Titan A.E. is an old-ass movie, but I feel like it would have worked for a science fiction themed airing back in the day. I think even films that aren't really animated, but have puppetry play a major role in them (Where The Wild Things Are) would be good for airing on that channel. Hell, ORIGINAL movies from Cartoon Network studio based on already airing shows would be cool to see air on the channel. It'd be nice to see CN 'experiment' a little with their movie airings instead of just replaying Planet 51 and Shrek all the time.

11. HG Revolution

HG Revolution Truth (with crazy opinions!)

Pom Poko has too many testicles to air.

12. Trombone77

Trombone77 Member

Nick owns rights to the 2003 TMNT series and this. However, I wouldn't mind if this saw the light of day again.

As for movies, I wouldn't mind if Cartoon Network aired some of its original films again, especially Firebreather, which I think only aired maybe 4 or 5 times on the network. As for acquired, just anything other than Shrek and Planet 51. I would also like to see Cartoon Network air some better movie/special choices for Christmas. I can't think of any right now except for The Legend of Frosty the Snowman, which used to air on Cartoon Network.