1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Tycoon

Discussion in 'Fun & Games' started by Russelrules44, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Russelrules44

Russelrules44 Member

I've played this game in another forum and I enjoyed every moment of it. So I figured, eh; why not make it here?
    Movie Tycoon

So, How Exactly Do We Play?

All starting studios will have $10,000,000 to start with to choose your cast, director, marketing and production budget. YOU CANNOT GO OVERBUDGET.

You're free to make any film with anybody, but if someone is already in another film (unless if it's a cameo.) then they cannot be used again until tomorrow.

1 movie per day. I cannot stress that enough. I don't want reviews bogging me down.

If you want to see someone on the cast list, feel free to ask.

Keep a watchful eye on those trends, they'll help you out big-time in your movie.

The Form

Please use this form to make your movies.

Title-
    Lead Actor-
    Lead Actress-
    Supporting Actor- (OPTIONAL, but gives better quality value.)
    Supporting Actress- (See above.)
    Director - (This could have a huge impact on the direction and overall success of your movie.)
    Genre- (Drama, Thriller, Comedy, Action, Sci-Fi, Arthouse, War, Western, etc)
    Plot- (Give an explanation that is decent enough. The better the explanation of the plot, including referring to which actor is which character, and what the gist of the story is, the more likely your movie will succeed.)
    Location- (Location filmed in, whether it be UK, US, etc.)
    Budget- (Incl. Actors bought, amount spent on production, and amount spent on marketing)
    Duration - (Length of the movie... Too short and people won't bother wasting their money, too long and they will grow bored of even a great flick

Movies sizes when paying for production: > 5,000,000 = Small/Independent, > 25,000,000 Average Production Costs, 100,000,000 or more is considered a Blockbuster with Mega advertising.

The OTHER Form

This is how you make your movie studio.

Studio Name:

Founder Name(i.e. your IGN):
    Studio Bonus: Investor, marketing genius, negotiator, adaptor, VFX expert, in-house stunt team

Investor - Extra startup money, bonus money per 5 films
    Marketing genius - Better marketing power, your studio's marketing team can sell your movie like a boss.
    Negotiator - Benefit on any sort of negotiation aside from player-to-player, this include talent negotiation, adaptation license acquirement and so on
    Adaptor - Bonus on adaptation as your studio has some of the best adaptation writer that can really turn something from media X to movie(Easier and better negotiation process for source material + slightly higher profit from adaptation)
    VFX expert - You want to amazed people with your graphic? Take this bonus to get yourself a top VFX team in the business to join your studio
    In-house stunt team - You love blow-by-blow realistic action rather than a graphic spam? Get yourself a superb stunt team for that!

Example: (I WILL BE PLAYING THE GAME, BUT I'LL BE REVIEWING YOUR MOVIES AS UNBIASED AS POSSIBLE)
    Studio Name: Movie Masters Productions
    IGN Name: Jacob Jones
    VFX Expert.

The Actors and Actresses

Here is where you can find the actors and actresses.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...4YW9MUE5YZkxIMTJiQ0dTUlE&usp=sheets_web#gid=0

​So, what's there left to say other than....Happy filming!

#1 Russelrules44, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  2. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!
    Staff Member Moderator

Interesting.
    Interesting.

I'm not seeing the spreadsheet. If nothing else maybe you can take a screenshot of it and turn it into a .jpg we can see.

3. Russelrules44

Russelrules44 Member

My apologies, I forgot to add the link.

4. blahblehblih123

This sounds good. Well, here's mine. It's of both forms.
    Studio Name: Cinema Productions
    Founder Name: John Smith
    Adaptor

Title: Italian Woman Comes to Marry
    Lead Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio
    Lead Actress: Julia Roberts
    Supporting Actor: Zac Efron
    Supporting Actress: Brenda Song
    Director: James Cameron
    Genre: Romance
    Plot: Hoping to get medical care for her sister, Adriana, who suffers from a heart condition, Fabiola Bianchi, a recently orphaned Italian woman, moves to the United States and accepts a marriage proposal from her late father's deceptive, but wealthy friend. After her fiance abandons the sisters, Fiorella works as a maid for the prominent Williams family, where she falls in love with Peter Williams, a man whose family legacy is based on mysterious circumstances.
    Budget: Actors bought: $245,000. Production: $6,877,500. Marketing: $2,877,500. Full $10,000,000!
    Duration: 3 hours.