1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Motorcity" Season One Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by MDawg, Apr 16, 2012.

1. r0derix

r0derix Member

Chris Prynoski and Titmouse should make a spin-off show just about the Duke of Detroit being awesome.

2. r0derix

r0derix Member

New episode tonight is The Robo-Roundup, and for once one that was not leaked (as far as I know). Watch it at 12:30.

3. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

I respectfully disagree. I find the Duke obnoxious; he's this show's equivalent of Scrappy Doo. He's shown up in nearly 1/3 of this season's episodes and he detracts from the main plot.

If he was just a one-off villain, I'd be fine with it. But then he showed up in another episode and another episode and another episode... He's treated like a creator's pet. I don't like this guy.

4. r0derix

r0derix Member

Another new episode airing right now: Threat Level: Texas. It's like a clip show, sort of (but not really).

5. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Armor Mega Zombie Texas vs Atomic Kane was Texasauce of awesomenes:cool: .i wish all clip show (sort of) were like that.

6. r0derix

r0derix Member

I laughed at Cleveland. Episode was very good. Sad this was the penultimate episode.

#226 r0derix, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2012
  7. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Fantastic episode. Things are getting intense, and I can't wait to see how the Burners will save the day!

8. r0derix

r0derix Member

Incredible finale, though I would have liked to see Julie actually tell Mike the truth about her father (that is, assuming that scene didn't imply Mike does in fact know). My favorite single moment though was probably Mike landing in his car only to see the Duke driving it (he finally got to his happy place, even if it was only brief). Also the music during the big fight between Mike and Kane was

Final thoughts, since this is the end. Overall, I really enjoyed this series. It was cheesy and over the top, but I think it was supposed to be intentionally like that. More than anything the show had heart; you could feel the passion the creators had in every episode. With gorgeous animation and characters you cared for, I am going to miss this show. Between this and Tron: Uprising, Disney was making a real push towards action cartoons that we had not seen from them in a long time; a push that made me really hopeful. Sadly, action cartoons are going the way of the buffalo, so I will just enjoy what we got: 20 great episodes.

Live Fast, Live Free.

9. army128

army128 Member

A great series finale, they actually took the pilot's ending to this one. I knew somehow the Duke would side with the Burners (didn't know Kane would double-cross him).

Too bad Julie still hasn't told Mike she's Kane's daughter, and with the series cancelled, there's no way she can resolve this in Season 2. Same thing with the Red guy.

Live fast, live free~

10. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That was a great episode. Might be my favorite of the whole show, and the ending was highly satisfying.

Overall, despite my small gripes like episodes that mostly felt like filler, Motorcity is, without a doubt, the best looking telelvision cartoon I've ever seen. Incredible Flash animation, perfect blend with CGI, awesome fight scenes, and dazzling visuals. And what makes it even more impressive is that it's done entirely in America. I can't stress enough how happy I am to see a show of this quality done without outsourcing.
    I hope Titmouse does something with this level of quality again for a kids show in the future!

11. MetroSparkster

MetroSparkster ...has nothing to say.

That was a really nice ending.
    Too bad there are still a couple of unanswered questions, like who is that mask guy who has a grudge with Mike?

12. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

What a great finale! I'll miss this show. I haven't watched Disney XD since Toon Disney died, and it took something of this quality to get me to actually watch the network.

Thanks, Titmouse. I'm really hoping another network could pick this up.

13. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

They've got that new show with Nick in the works but if you want a show of this quality to last then making one for mature audiences is seemingly the only way to go right now. Granted getting that kind of budget for an adult targeted show wont be easy. It just seems like what kills these shows the quickest is a lack of interest from kids.

At any rate, it was a great finale. The show went out with quite a bang. It's just too bad so many things did not get resolved. I would have liked to see the people of Motorcity take that moment in which he was vulnerable and capture Abe. I'm not saying that would have been solved all their problems but it would have been a major success for them.

It was a fun ride which I will fondly remember and I look forward to the next awe-inspiring series the crew rolls out.

14. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

Don't count on it. Even though it was made by another company, it's still a Disney XD original, which means (as far as I understand) that Disney owns the show.

15. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Yeah they own it and Disney doesn't shop around their shows much these days.

16. dothesmartthing

dothesmartthing Me too.

This was a fine show. I know the ratings weren't very good, but still, I thought it was a little cruel for Disney to push the Motorcity premieres to midnight on some school nights, when most kids are in bed.

17. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

The low ratings are probably why it was pushed to that timeslot. I think DXD was probably the wrong place for this show. Just didn't look and sound like a Disney show.

18. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

I think that was the point, being on a network for "extreme boys". I believe what really doomed the show was the poor promotion, or lack of. And besides, how do you imagine an extreme Disney show for boys to be?

Those still upset the show didn't get renewed should know Titmouse is apparently behind that upcoming DreamWorks Turbo series for Netflix, with Reid Scott as the lead voice. I don't know why they didn't mention it in any of the press releases, it would have prevented me from brushing it off as just an all-around bad idea. #bringmotorcitytonetflix

19. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I think the show was pretty mediocre. The animation style was also rather jarring. Parts looked sloppy and weird, other parts looked impressive.

20. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

Yeah, but it didn't really need to be treated worse than Tron.