Most hated commercial? (Part 7)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by The Penguin, Jan 11, 2011.

1. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King! Moderator

You hate commercials? Talk about your "most hated" here.

Part 1
    07-31-2003 to 02-21-2006

Part 2
    02-21-2006 to 08-03-2007

Part 3
    08-04-2007 to 03-28-2008

Part 4
    03-28-2008 to 11-05-2008

Part 5
    11-05-2008 to 07-27-2009

Part 6
    07-27-2009 to 12-27-2010

2. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator Moderator

AAAHHH!! That little Toyota twerp is back! At least, I think it's a new commercial. Saw it last night for the first time, where the car he's in pulls up next to one with a friend, who's complaining about his parents singing a song. Plus, now I'm seeing the little punk on Yahoo banner ads! :eek:

Saw a Subway commercial this evening that made laugh. According to it, Subway is the only place where you can order your food customized, while other places only proclaim "We Make It ONE Way" and force their orders upon you. Uh, I don't think so. I always customize my orders when I'm at McDonald's, Taco Bell, In & Out Burger, or Burger King, which even has the motto "Have It Your Way." So no, Subway, you're not the only place that will make your food the way we want it.

3. Spaceman

Spaceman I Am Here

Speaking of Toyota commercials, there's a couple of local ones that are... really weird. There are actually two versions.

The short version features an anthropomorphic cat is driving a Toyota car in the woods when a jaywalker runs into the middle of the road. After doing a hard brake to avoid running over the jaywalker, the cat has a heart attack and supposedly dies in the pavement. Cue the product slogan "It's even rarer to see a Toyota fail" ("Aun Mas Raro Es Ver Un Toyota Fallar"). Pretty dark, eh?

The longer version starts out with the aforementioned events... and then extends it in the most nonsensical way possible. After the cat's death, an ATM machine floats by on it's own and splurts out a bunch of cash on the pavement. Then a bunch of miners come out of the ground, steal all the cash and run. Then we cut to inside the Toyota, where an anthropomorphic dog was tied and gagged. He frees himself, checks on the deceased cat and proceeds to steal the Toyota. Then the cat miraculously comes back to life and chases after the stolen car. Cue the product slogan while the jaywalker runs by again for the lulz.

What. The. Hell.

4. Sailor V

Sailor V Defender Of Justice

It's not a new commercial because I saw that one on ABC around a mouth or two ago. All I can say about this commercial is I can't take this no Moore. It's a pun, get it?! Of course you don't get it, I got that pun from The Simpsons season 21 episode "O Brother Where Bart Thou", where Steven Dean Moore is the director of it. Can you guess why this episode relates to this commercial?

5. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Let's mash it up!

"Uhh, doctor, I got this email from you that...I have terminal cancer?"

"Oh, don't worry about it. I switched to Sprint's 69.99 plan, so it didn't cost me a thing."

*beep*

"Okay, now you've just texted me saying I have six months to live."

"Yeah, I can also get unlimited texting at no extra charge. Oh yeah, check this out—I just uploaded these X-rays of your inoperable tumor to my Facebook page!"

"Why can’t you just say this to my face instead of hiding behind your smartphone?"

"Because I'm a bastard who's trying to save money."

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2011
  6. Michael24

^Yeah, all those commercials are just awful and mean-spirited.

I'm sick of the Chase one where the girl is in a Yoga class and uses her phone to transfer money. There's nothing particularly bad about the commercial itself (and the girl is quite attractive ;) ), but it runs all the time. Every time I've watched TV in the last three days, I've literally seen it during every . . . single . . . commercial break. Sometimes twice!!

7. Scirel

Scirel WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?

Adding to what Michael24 said, any commercial that runs twice in a single break, or every break, gets my hatred.

I still remember that awful slogan "YOU DIE IN THE GAME YOU DIE FOR REAL." for some stupid movie I don`t even remember the name of. To make it worse, that slogan actually played TWICE in each trailer!

8. Kiddington

Kiddington tut tut

"Just call me angel... of the morning, ANGEEEEELLLLL"

I kid you not; I was watching a rerun of Curb Your Enthusiasm on a local channel the other night, and that commercial aired no less than eight times in the span of one half-hour (including at least two instances when it aired twice in a row). I swear, I was about ready to drive the remote right through my TV out of sheer annoyance. This was namely due to the kid, as I actually thought the singing aspect was kinda funny, at first anyways (until about the third time I seen it, when it just really started to get on my nerves at that point).

9. Mist

Mist Celebrating 20 Years of Sonic

That stupid commercial for The Venture Bros DVD [adult swim] airs nonstop.

If I hear "NOBODY DOUBLE-CROSSES THE MONARCH!" one more time..

10. Knightmare

Knightmare New Member

Tell me about it, seriously what the heck were they thinking about when they came up with that ad campain. I don't know of a single person that likes those commercials and I've never seen anyone at my or my father's house change the channel faster than when one of those commercials come on.

11. Mesousa

Mesousa Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy

(raises hand) I've seen it. I think they had a bit too many while writing it.

No, wait, this one is were they had too many.

They air the Zoosk commercial with the man randomly shooting a dart to another man. It pretty much now stopped being funny.

12. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword! Moderator

"Stay Alive."

People said I was overreacting when I called that the biggest insult to my intelligence I'd ever seen (which it was). Glad to hear I wasn't alone.

13. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

The McDonald's 'Joy is a gift, this is the box it comes in' commercials. I flip the channel every time I see those animated kids.

And, as much as I love Big Time Rush, do we REALLY need to see their videos at every ad break?

14. PunkPhantom

PunkPhantom Addicted to Toons & Tunes

I saw the most messed up diaper commercial. It was like these CGI baies having a contest to see who could make the biggest crap in their diaper and their were judges and an sudience and everything of more babies.:ack:

Anyone know which one I'm talking about?

15. The Nameless

The Nameless Demoted Regular

Seconding the Toyota kid so very hard.

16. MasterofRoku

MasterofRoku Active Member

It's that Luv's Diaper commercial. I dislike it too and I'm baffled at who made that.

17. NayokoKihara

NayokoKihara New Member

The Weight Watchers commercial with Jennifer Hudson. It haunts me like no other commercial ever has. It seems to play every hour, every single day, and follows me channel to channel.

I get it. You lost weight. You have an okay voice. You want to make me hate that song.

18. Michael24

That diaper commercial just sounds . . . ugh. *shudders*

It also doesn't help that Hudson seems to always have that head-wagging "Oh yeah, it's me and I'm special" air about her in every ad she's in, too. :ack:

19. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Let's mash it up!

Ugggh, that State Farm commercial...

"I TOLD you you were too close, but NOOOOBODY ever listens to me, NOOOOO no no no NO! I mean, who DOES that? Backing your car on top of another car? I can't even...UGH!"

SHUT UP!!!

20. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC New Member

And yet this gets more airplay than your average Top 40 Pop Song. I don't know what people see in this commercial. No one should even buy into two caricatures of African-Americans that set people back a couple years. It even makes shows like Tyler Perry's House of Payne look like one of the funniest shows on TV.