1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Most hated commercial? (Part 6)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Miyamoto Musashi, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PunkPhantom

PunkPhantom Addicted to Toons & Tunes

I know! What if you were with someone you really cared about you were a perfect match but you used one of those cellphone things and it told you you should not be together!? What if someone actually believed it?!:shrug:

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Everybody's least favorite ad genre right now must be "political ads," am I right? A particular target right now is "politicians who voted for the stimulus"...which is practically every politician currently in office. Gimme a break.

I'm sick of political ads where whoever appears promises to "create jobs."

Beyond jobs in the government itself, they can't. They can only suggest to the people that DO have the power to create jobs -- big businessmen -- that they hire more people domestically. But they can't force them to do it -- it wouldn't be capitalism anymore.

The most popular method of soft coercion is to throw a lot of money at Big Business, whether via the Republican method (lower taxes for the rich) or the Democratic method (giving them tax dollars). Then they sit and hope that Big Business will use all their new money to build a new plant somewhere, preferably within the 50 States. Instead they outsource further, the money is pocketed as profit and some old fat guy buys an island. Without a gun constantly aimed at their heads, CEOs aren't going to think of anyone but themselves first.

So don't tell me you, as one man in the Senate, can singlehandedly put hundreds of thousands of people back to work. I KNOW you're lying.

Also, SADDEST AD IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND: courtesy of the ASPCA. They've set a record, I'm convinced. You know which ad I mean. The images are bad enough, but they add captions like "No one will ever love me" and top it off with SARAH MACLAUGHLAN. If you're in a good mood, this is an instant killer. I don't care how many big-eyed puppies suffer, I'm not giving these guys money just because of this ad.

3. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Worse than one of those little blue crunchy things

With a 4G phone and an affordable calling plan from Sprint, your boyfriend will be the last one to know that you're breaking up with him.

4. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm really not liking the new Windows commercials. Do you know how much work is put into properly photoshopping a picture? It's not the point and click that they're making it out to be. There's also the whole remote desktop thing making it look ten times easier than it actually is.

5. Kiddington

Kiddington tut tut

I know this was mentioned not too long ago, but here it is again; the Burger King sing-song "March Down the Street" breakfast ads.

I mean, honestly; these are just getting more and more idiotic by the day. When they first came out with this idea a little while back, at least the lyrics rhymed (even if they were bad rhymes). Now, in the newest ads, they're too lazy to even do that much. It sounds awful.

6. Kevin the Geek

Kevin the Geek Golem fan

I find it annoying how recent Twix ads consist of a guy cheating on his wife or girlfriend, and when she thinks that something is up, the guy bites into a Twix bar and tries to think of a lie.

Maybe the head honchos of Mars, Inc., the company that makes Twix candy bars, are cheating on their wives, husbands, girlfriends, boyfriends, or whatever, too. :p

7. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

"To the cloud!" isn't any better or any less intelligence-insulting than "Windows 7 was MY idea!"

Surely Microsoft can afford better ad men than this. This is ridiculous.

I'll also be glad when Due Date finally comes out so I can stop seeing the ads for it. Is it just me or is this the third "road trip to take an immature frat someplace by a deadline" film in two years?

8. Maenos

Maenos Please wait for me

I've never liked the talking baby-E*Trade commercials. Always annoying.

But the newest annoys me and also confuses and kinda...disgusts me.

I'll just link it. I can't really give it justice.

I'm just creeped out by it. It seems kinda...well, I don't want to come right out and say it, but its pretty much right there.

Interestingly, I don't think I've seen it much lately. Maybe it got pulled?

9. Kiddington

Kiddington tut tut

But... it's from Todd Phillips, the same guy who did The Hangover... oops, I mean, "the Funniest Movie EEVAH!!!!". Because he has that credit to his name, it's obviously a big deal.

You know, I've never even seen The Hangover, so maybe that's why I don't really understand all this buzz surrounding the sequel, or the popularity of Zach Galifi...whatever his name is (the fat guy with the beard), that goes from random nobody, to household name almost overnight.

10. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Normally, Hollywood actors create fake names for themselves when something like "Galifinikis" happens....but oddly, not this time.

11. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Those Toyota commercials with that blond kid who talks about "lame" parents and their lame cars are starting to get annoying. I don't need some 8-year-old twerp with hair like Harpo Marx lecturing me about being cool. Zip it, kid. Just play with your handheld game system, enjoy the ride and be thankful that you don't have to make the payments on the flippin' car.

12. ThisGuyTony

ThisGuyTony Member

You beat me to it! I was going to mention how annoying this commercial is. :sweat:

The commercial I also find annoying is that Touch of Gray commercial where the dude thinks that he's going to get a job based on the color of his hair. The gray hair would show he has experience and the black hair would show he's young/fast. Plain dumb if you ask me! :D

13. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

It's not even December yet and I'm already tired of these Verizon commercials that feature Christmas carols put to a rap beat. Enough of that. Quit trying to make Christmas gangsta. Christmas is not gangsta. Buying electronics as holiday gifts won't earn you any street cred.

14. Dixie_Chick89

Dixie_Chick89 Clemont fan

The commercial I find annoying is the one with the dancing hamsters that promotes the Kia Soul.
    That song is still stuck in my head. x.x

15. langden alger

langden alger Active Member

I'm to the point where the 'My baby can read" ads are driving me insane....when i watch channels like The Hub or 'This' network they play it every single commercial break. It's almost like I'm watching a My baby can read telethon....what are they going to have as a follow up product? 'My baby can do my taxes!' My toddler can build a nuclear reactor!':sad:

16. Butterstar

Butterstar Bring Sakura back to the US!

Sorry if this is a bit of a bump, but...old gravy with a side of burnt toast, I think I saw a Head-On advertisement recently.

17. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

Those bing commercials that STILL show up on online video sites. One of them even hypes up wall street 2 which isnt even in theaters anymore, and i can NOT STAND the OK Go one "oh look, the treadmill guys!".

18. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

Facepalm. Apply directly to the forehead.

All of the *insert product here*-on commercials drive me nuts. The active-on one seems to be the latest here.

19. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

I'll nominate every, single State Farm commercial including the latest one that's been gaining a lot of airplay recently.

20. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

McDonald's "credit card roulette" ad annoys me. Doesn't help that both versions of it seem to always air just a couple ads apart almost every commercial break. :mad:

Also, the AAMCO ad with all the customers demonstrating the different sounds their car problems are making. The only one I kind of find funny is the one guy making a steering motion with his hands, then he throws them up and looks at the mechanic like "WTH?!" But the others I just want to punch, especially the lady who doesn't know what the OIL CAN light means!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.