1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Most hated commercial? (Part 6)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Miyamoto Musashi, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiddington

Kiddington tut tut

Ooops... well, that didn't last long.

Just seen a promo last night on Nicktoons; next week's new episode is indeed a "special". And here I thought they were actually making some progress in their advertising...

2. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't know if this one has been mentioned yet. I'm watching Coneheads on comedy central, it's NOON here, and they keep playing a commercial for a feminine massager. If there was ever an inappropriate time for this, it's right now.

3. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Always never quite right

Dear J.G. Wentworth:

In regards to your ad with the bus passengers singing about your services, including a man in a viking suit:

Look, I liked your first operetta commercial, but don't milk it.

Love,
    Kitschensyngk

4. Butterstar

Butterstar Bring Sakura back to the US!

While looking through old Toonami, A&E, WB, and other old junk tapes, I found this gem in one of the tapes:

HEAD ON! Apply directly to forehead...

Some Guy: Their commercials are annoying, but I love their product.

Seriously, I can see why this commercial died. Although the product survived till a few months after and ripoffs are still on the market.

5. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

I hate the commercial where it's just a bunch of people shouting their windows "IT'S MY MONEY, AND I NEED IT NOW!"

Really, how would you like it if you were trying to relax at home, and then I suddenly start shouting out the window next door at the top of my lungs for no reason? Several dozen times? You'd call the cops on me for disturbing the peace.

6. Butterstar

Butterstar Bring Sakura back to the US!

I believe that commercial is for Cash4Gold.

Education Connection --- nuff said.

New iCarly special ads --- could you cut it out with the promos already? We get it, it's an iCarly special where (minor plot here) happens.

Most Nick@Nite ads on Nickelodeon --- this just bother me, especially the ones that are censored from what they're going to be uncut on Nick@Nite.

Baby Alive --- I really hope this commercial died. Baby Alive dolls are freaky. *shiver*

Windows 96 was my idea! Mine, mine, mine! --- again, nuff said.

7. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

Oh no, that's another JG Wentworth gem.

8. PunkPhantom

PunkPhantom Addicted to Toons & Tunes

I just saw an awful commercial last night.

It was one of those diamond ring commercials. So they have this little song narrating what's happening. That's not the bad part, the bad part is what happened. So the guy is going to propose to his girlfriend who is "perfect in every way" and she's really happy until "she found out what he payed."

So basically she's mad at him for proposing to her and she sprays him with a hose because he didn't throw all his money away on a crappy diamond ring and it's totally OK and justified!!!!:mad:

9. Lonestarr

Lonestarr Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Staff Member Moderator

Got a couple of them:

- Those new Fruit by the Foot commercials ("I've replaced something special to you with Fruit by the Foot.")

- Those moronic, bobbing head Pebbles commercials

They actually make me miss "Pack up your troubles in your ol' kid bag and smile, smile, smile...", so you know we're at Def-Con 1, here.

10. Arxane

Arxane Hehe...guess what, fellas...

There's a new Pizza Hut commercial that irritates me not because it's annoying, but because what someone says in it grates me.

It basically boils down to Pizza Hut saying they've lowered the prices on their pizza so that people don't have to use esoteric coupons to buy pizza cheaply. This is all well and good. But then the guy at the end says:

"People love pizza. They don't love math."

Ugh! Maybe it's because I work with upper level math all the time, but hearing him happily claim that people don't love math at a time when we need our school systems to better promote things like math and science just irks me to no end. There are many ways of saying that simplifying price reductions are a good thing; saying that people hate math is not one of them!

11. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

I want the Wrightnows to drive off a cliff and explode in a fiery ball. I hate their Netflix commercials THAT MUCH.

12. Kiddington

Kiddington tut tut

"What's a 13 letter word for marriage proposal?"
    "He... went... to... JARED!!!!!"

Ugh. I don't think there's been a single jewelry commercial in the history of mankind that hasn't been some new level of corny, but this one is BY FAR the worst. Honestly, who in the world actually talks like this?

13. AJ Skyterra

AJ Skyterra The Crystal Bending Gem of Science

That Clean & Clear commercial. I hate hearing that song Wakin Up to Love.... after awhile. There is no girl I know who wakes up like that.

14. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

When I hear a Jared commercial I think of Jareth. And he's a vain enough person to make silly jewelry commercials.

It must be a plot by the Goblin King to take over our civilization! :D

15. Mesousa

Mesousa Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy

That M&M's Prezels commercial is very, very, very bland.

It's basically "Oh my God, I'm gonna have a prezel in me, oh God."

That's not funny.

16. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

The latest Kayak.com commercial, where a hot chick named Mandy is chillaxing on the beach with some shirtless dude, and it turns out that Mandy booked her flight with Kayak.com and her boyfriend used some other company, and so he's been up all night and is now asleep in the hotel, and this guy she's with isn't her boyfriend, just some beachcomber she met that morning.

I get the point of the ad, Kayak is superior, but I'm getting a little tired of these disloyal wives and girlfriends in ads who will dump their men to make time with someone else in a heartbeat for the most trivial of reasons, like using a different brand of product. It's a double standard because if the reverse was depicted, and they showed a guy dogging his girlfriend like that, women would be out there with picket signs and boycotting the product.

-Granted, the girl playing Mandy was pretty hot.

17. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

I don't know if anyone else has seen this ad, but I've spotted a commercial for one of those "TEXT ____ TO GET THIS!" scams, advertising some app that calculates your chances at ending up with someone.

The premise of the ad is that this girl just started dating this guy and she uses the app, and it gives them a low score, and she gives a "Pff, it's just a stupid cellphone app, what does it know?" expression. Then the announcer cuts over, says something to the effect of "BUT SHE SHOULD'VE LISTENED", and it flashes forward to her wedding day, where she's been left at the altar.

So what they're basically saying is "Put all of your faith in our randomized love calculator or this could happen to you". I've seen some incredibly stupid ads for cellphone apps over the years, but this is by far one of the most idiotic.

18. Arxane

Arxane Hehe...guess what, fellas...

Trust me, of all the Jared commercials, that one is by far the least offensive one. All of the other commercials repeat that insipid phrase "He went to Jared" over and over and OVER. The worst one is a wedding announcement at a restaurant where all the guests repeat "He went to Jared" to each other, as well as the restaurant owner in a bad foreign accent. All with dreadful overacting. To top it off, a kid repeats the phrase to the woman as if going to Jared was a big surprise. The woman looks at her fiance and says, "Yes...he went to Jared" as if going to the right jewelry store was more important than the proposal itself.

AWFUL!

19. Spaceman

Spaceman I Am Here

Just saw a smartphone commercial (I forgot the company's name) where this poor guy gets dumped by his girlfriend while they're having lunch... via text. Not only that, but he confronts her about it face-to-face, only for her to brag and brag about her new carrier's superior data plan and how it facilitated her rude, insensitive break-up with him.

I'm sorry, how was that supposed to be funny? Or make me remotely interested in the product?

20. ThisGuyTony

ThisGuyTony Member

Oh! I know those! Those are so annoying! Especially the one that says to text both names to a number and it will tell you the compatability. How do names tell you the compatability? It's just a name! And just because two names aren't compatible doesn't mean you weren't meant to be with that person. And it's just a stupid waste of $9.99 a month. :eek: Sorry for my long rant.:sweat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.