1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Most hated commercial? (Part 6)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Miyamoto Musashi, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Mod Note: Discussion continued from Most hated commercial? (Part 5). (11-05-2008 to 07-27-2009)

Part 1
    07-31-2003 to 02-21-2006

Part 2
    02-21-2006 to 08-03-2007

Part 3
    08-04-2007 to 03-28-2008

Part 4
    03-28-2008 to 11-05-2008

Does this mean we can't still be friends?

#1 Miyamoto Musashi, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2009
  2. Mesousa

Mesousa Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy

That one Cheerios commercial with the little kid preparing the cereal around the overnight, and giving it to his parents.

Really? I mean, I would never wake my parents that early because it's really, really, really stupid.

If the parents would be waking up, it would work nicely, but this is making the kid into a narc.

3. Master Toon

Master Toon Active Member

Sure but professionally it's over pal. :D

It's just that I've always wanted to be in an action figure commercial when I was young but it sadly never happened. :crying:

4. Neofcon

Neofcon Member

Well....little kids are a little...."stupid". But because they dont "know any better" it's considered cute. Eh... its a little kid, whatcha gonna do?
    Which reminds me...I was watching this one commercial with my pops and it was some ish with mushrooms in it. He was talking about "they put any damn thing in your hear". Lulz ensued.

5. CaptainHero

CaptainHero Save Yourselves!

Those Esurance ads are some of the worst and obnoxious commercials on television right now. I know these ads get a lot of love on these forums and I have no idea why, they are incredibly cliche and cheesy. The animation is incredibly lame, the girl's voice is annoying as hell, and the whole "OMG sexy female spy" thing has been done to death even more so than Star Wars references.

I don't see why these ads would even convince someone to join this insurance company.

6. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Especially one of the more recent ones where the Esurance girl does nothing but just tap a cymbal while some guy sings an annoying song about his insurance problems and how he switched to Esurance. Together with the Progressive ads, they're the two most annoying ad campaigns on TV for me right now. :ack:

7. warnerbroman

warnerbroman Active Member

:D this is very good

8. Duke

Duke Truer Words Were Never Spoken

Personally, I still miss the "Stupid Button" ads from before Geico even HAD the gecko.

My #1 most hated commercial is a radio commercial for "Kars 4 Kids." It was a little kid singing "1-877-Kars4Kids! K-A-R-S Kars 4 Kids! 1-877-Kars4Kids. Donate your car today!" then a middle-aged guy singing the same lyrics, then a random voiceover saying that you can get a vacation voucher for donating your car, then the two singing the lyrics AGAIN. Back when 105.7FM was WHFS and an all-talk station, they played this commercial every other commercial break. Now that they're sports talk, they play it less, but they still play it and it's still annoying.

My pet peeve on TV right now is that stupid "AIDS Rap" commercial. The commercial itself it borderline offensive, but the stupid CGI teens running around are so lifeless it's not even funny. And they're all wearing these stupid grins, even as they're lying in bed about to die. My god it's just horrible.

9. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Is it just me or are the Palm Pre ads getting weirder. Maybe I just didn't notice the ones I'm seeing now previously but hearing her talk about stuff like reincarnation and how her phone can hear what she's thinking is just getting freaky.

10. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The M&M commercial where the Red M&M is running on the grocery store conveyor belt. It's short, but the M&M's panting and the scanner beeping is annoying.

Yeah, I loved those, too. I liked the "shifty" animation they used. I think I wound up with a couple of them on VHS while I was recording stuff.

11. Master Toon

I just saw a Corn Pops commercial with a Corn Pop receiving a scary phone call. After seeing a commercial there's a knock on the door and there's milk bottles (with faces) and then a bunch of zombie milkmen start surrounding the Corn Pop. So far it's not so bad. I dig stuff like this. What ruined it was the milkmen singing "gotta have my pops" in a doo-wop fashion. To top it off it's not even close to October so it feels out of place.

12. thenewme93

thenewme93 Active Member

I never saw that commercial..where does it show up?

13. Master Toon

Today was the first time I saw it. It was on Nickelodeon.

Edit: The more I think about it I might grow to like it. I was angry about something else when it came on.

14. Master Moron

Master Moron Active Member

What freaks me out the most about her is that her skin is the exact same yellow tone as her hair. It's weird.

15. Rho

Rho 12 - 6 cloud?

Oh god, I hate the Palm Pre ads.

I don't know what it is, but she just creeps me out.

16. Don_East

Don_East A regular character.

Ugh, the idiot dad ads from Burger King are back with a vegence. It involves the idiot dad dressed like a GI Joe(or what Stephen Sommers views as GI Joe) only to get stuck. Then he falls to the ground. Then the sprinklers turn on. Then I groan in disgust at how that they still do these.

Speaking of GI Joe, I really don't like how they play American Badass in the ads. They took almost of the "American" of this franchise.

17. AhmedtheHead

AhmedtheHead Member

WOW. You completely missed the point of the ad.

The kid is worried about his parent's health, so he gives them a bowl of Cheerios.

18. Mesousa

Mesousa Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy

Why must Burger King think dads are always idiots? :shrug:

But, from the look of the commercial, it was really early, as in overnight early. Would you wake your parents at around 5:00 AM just to eat a cereal? That's technically overeacting.

19. Master Toon

I wouldn't at my current age but at his age I probably would have. Don't tell me you've never done something you thought was ok because you were too young to know any better. The point of the commercial is that he's trying to do something nice for his parents because he loves them. He wasn't thinking about the time.

20. JetfirmusPrime

JetfirmusPrime Chibi M

DirecTV has single-handedly pushed me into being officially annoyed with Peter Jackson's King Kong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.