1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Most hated commercial? (Part 2)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by The Penguin, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Upon the previous thread reaching 500+ posts, the discussion of those ads you just can't bear to watch or annoy the heck out of you continues here.

Part 1
    07-31-2003 to 02-21-2006

2. TheMecca

The Miss Piggy/Jessica Simpson Pizza Hut (?) commercial. I liked it the first time, but the 60,000th time around? It gets old. I DID like the Ford commercial with Kermit though.

3. Chris Johnston

Chris Johnston Virtually Yours

The "Above the Influence" anti-drug ads.

I'm sorry, but metaphorical, yet disgusting images, that a stoned guy might see, isn't going to help stop drugs.

4. Punisher

Punisher One Shot At Glory

The North Caroliona Car Credit.com commercial is terrible. A woman with an annoying voice keeps repeating "North Carolina Car Credit.com" throughout the entire commercial., which is about a guy with bad credit. I turn the channel whenever I see it.

5. straw_hat

straw_hat Active Member

Commericals that use the "Woo Hoo" song from Kill Bill. It's as if the marketing experts got together and said "The song is featured in a Tarantino movie so why don't we run it into the ground?"

6. Charlie

Charlie Der pushka.

Those anti-smoking commercials with the puppets and how its main arguement against smoking is bassically "Smoking is as gross as eating cat vomit and dead rats". Those truth people are really going out on a limb now.

7. Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins Active Member

Well there are many to choose from, but I would say that the anti-drug commercials and anti-smoking commercials are the worst because they are insulting to the viewer to watch and they lack any type of tac (manners) what so ever. :sad:

But the absolutely worst commercial I have ever seen, the one that set my blood metaphorically boiling, the one that actually made me want to physically hurt those who made it (though I did not) was a anti-drug commercial made right after the 9-11 terrorist attacks.

The commercial with woman in her office with a little girl there saying over and over again, "You killed me. You killed me."

The message I got from that commercial was that the makers of that commercial were saying was that it was U.S. citizens fault for the 9-11 terrorist attacks. :mad:

8. Swordfish_II

Swordfish_II Active Member

Head-On, the only forehead applicated headache medicine.

9. Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins Active Member

This is really funny in that they make a headache medicine commercial that gives viewers handaches so they can sell their product. :sweat:

It's truly evil.

10. Web Head

Web Head Girlfriend + Bridge = Bad

To me, the commercials that bother me the most are the "Truth" anti-smoking commercials. Now I don't smoke (I think it's a pretty nasty habit actually) but these commercials still annoy me.

My big issue is that they lay everything at the feet of the tobacco companies. It's ALL their fault. Never mind free will or the fact that you have to choose to start smoking.

They seem to basically give smoker a free pass. They blame the company that makes cigarettes rather than the person that chose to start smoking them. I just dislike the lack of personal responsibility they seem to encourage.

11. Andy Mancini

Andy Mancini Active Member

My most hated commercial at the moment is the Hoverround ad that airs on GSN. For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, it features a handful of old people singing "You Made Me Love You." Cute, right? It would be... if they could sing. It's the old person equivalent to the kids in a Welch's juice commercial: let's "adorable" the people to death. Now, it isn't all old people. We get to hear the following in the middle from the ad:

"Hi. I'm Tom Kruse, inventor of the Hoverround. Now I can't sing..."

Guess what Tom? No one else in your ad can either!

12. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

I sort've hate those PSP ads.

"It's like cheese...THAT YOU CAN LISTEN TO!!! OMG!!! ME WANT COOKIE!!!!"

13. Dark Fact

Dark Fact Preaching evil since '04

I have a new culprit to add:

Reddi Whip. Y'know: "It's not ready till it's Reddi!"

Here's how the commercial goes:
    A person sits down at the table and asks for a special dessert (like apple pie) or waits for a drink (hot chocolate) and is so eager to have some but when they do get their dessert/drink, they just sit there paralyzed not moving a muscle until the server grabs some Reddi Whip whipped cream and sprays it all over their dessert/drink.

I just have this to say:

IF YOU WANT WHIPPED CREAM SO BAD ON YOUR DESSERT/DRINK, JUST ASK FOR IT!!! Don't just sit there and wait for the other person to get a clue and apply it for you! Or better yet, just have your dessert/drink without the whipped cream! It's still just as good!

14. brakattack

brakattack Member

ditto! i'm sick of all the jessica simpson ones...

15. SimpsonGuy100

SimpsonGuy100 Sorta back, sorta isn't.

Those adverts for Gala Bingo featuring that extremely annoying geordie guy singing awful cover-versions of old songs to a crowd of bingo players. *shudders* I hate that advert more than the spammers on DA and any Doggie Day-Care product/TV ad put together! :mad:

--EDIT--

Other adverts I really hate are the ASDA advert for kids' product line "Great Stuff" (not only do those stuff look absolutely disgusting [Tuna Pasta Spirals? Eek!] but at the end of the advert, this kid says "Buy this stuff for us or we'll turn nasty". Why? Is this supporting chav culture at an early age or something? I don't get it), any DFS and MFI advert (every time they end a sale, they start another one a few days after the last! It's madness!), those new Triple Velvet adverts with the baby manager (gives me the creeps!) and of course, the "Quote me Happy" ads (don't ask, just don't).

#15 SimpsonGuy100, Feb 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2006
  16. tucsoncoyote

tucsoncoyote Time to get my "Game face" on

Lost another one...

My Own Pet Peeve has to be the Ditech Commercials.. How many ways can you lose a Loan to Ditech?..

Let's count the ways shall we?....

No better yet, Let's not!

Besides the guy on the commerical is getting a bit on my nerves.. why doesn't he just admit defeat and just join Ditech..? Nuff said.

Runner-up?.. Anything iwth Bratz.. let's face it.. the dolls are uglier then Jessica Simpson Getting hit by a Pizza Hut Pizza and what's worse? Now they are catering to babies..(and with the Bratz Babies getting their Little poines? and their own Cribs (as in Cribz?) let's face it.. it's a mockery of what Barbie used to stand for. Nuff said.

:coyote:

17. dendawg

dendawg RIP Dusty :(

Any commercial that ends like this:

"...I saved money on my car insurance by switching to Geico!" (the Tony Little one in particular)

Or, any Geico commercial for that matter.:p

18. SirLemming

SirLemming a playa in a world of NPCs

Pretty much any sex hotline commercial. Whatever's in your local area, I guarantee it's stupid.

My personal favorite-to-hate is "Red Hot", which I've seen in PA and I think in NY. It's hilariously bad. It goes something like:
    GIRL: I like to call Red Hot... with the lights out!
    STEWARDESS: Whenever I land in a new area, I check out the local Red Hot.
    GIRL #1: We love to call Red Hot...
    GIRL #2: ...and we're both looking for trouble!
    GIRL: When I get home, I start a bubble bath... and then I call Red Hot!

There's this other one, for a different hotline, that has a really awful, really unnecessary song with it. It's one of the most horrid commercials ever, for sure. It basically goes through a list of people and talks about what they like to do and who they're looking for... in song... It's just terrible.

19. TheMecca

I'm in NY and I've seen it; but there's a part you're missing:
    MUSCULAR GUY: There are alot of hot chicks on Red Hot!

20. Space Chief

Space Chief Lookin' kinda cool, Light.

It must be said:

Kidz Bop.
    :shrug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.