More filmation shows added to hulu

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Zorak Masaki, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

Ghostbusters (the 1986 filmation series) and Fat Albert (the 1972 episodes, not the syndicated adventures of fat albert that they used to have) have both been added to hulu, as well as the live-action Isis show (not animated, but it was a filmation production). Hopefully this means we'll see more filmation on hulu (i'd love to see blackstar, hero high, and mission magic among other things).

2. SF4Ever

SF4Ever New Member

This is good- Filmation needs more representation in the retro animation department. Let's stay on top of this.

3. Collie

Collie Total Drama Llama

I just watched the 5-episode first story arc of Ghostbusters. Man, I had forgotten how delightfully cheesy the show was.

4. greg!

greg! New Member

I always thought the Super Seven from the Tarzan series was underrated...Web Woman, Manta & Moray, & Super Stretch & Micro Woman.....would be nice to see again.

5. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

I am interested in seeing Mission Magic if they ever get it. I heard it's kind of like the Magic School Bus.

6. SF4Ever

SF4Ever New Member

They'll probably air Mission Magic, especially for Rick Springfield fans, since he's the star of that show.

7. Mister Intensity

Mister Intensity New Member

Never going to happen. There was a legal settlement with DC and Marvel Comics that essentially prevents anyone from legally showing those cartoons ever again (DC and Marvel felt that some of the characters were too similiar to some of their own characters). the only Super Seven segment that could be shown/release is Freedom Force.

8. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin'

Well, that stinks. You'd think that the characters were different enough from any seen in the comics that it wouldn't be a problem. It never seems to be nowadays. yet this is the same sort of thing that crushed Fawcett/ Captain Marvel way back when. I just happened to get the Space Sentinels/ Freedom Force set in the mail today and I was thinking about how neat it would have been to see the other Super 7 stuff on dvd.