1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Moon Knight (2016 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Apr 13, 2016.

?

Rate and Comment on this Marvel Comics title!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Just who is the real Moon Knight?

MOON KNIGHT #1

[​IMG]

WRITER: JEFF LEMIRE
    ARTIST: GREG SMALLWOOD

Marc Spector (a.k.a. Moon Knight/Jake Lockley/Steven Grant) has been fighting criminals and keeping New York City safe for years… or has he? When he wakes up in an insane asylum with no powers and a lifetime’s worth of medical records, his whole identity (indentities) are called into question. Something is wrong, but is that something Marc Spector himself? Jeff Lemire and rising star Greg Smallwood are calling everything you know about Moon Knight into question.

Discuss this comic!

2. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

My brother asked me if Moon Knight is a crazy guy in an asylum, and his question surprised me, I told him no, then he told me about this issue.

Volume 3 (2006 series) introduced some changes to the series and characters, but it mostly kept things intact, then came Vengeance of Moon Knight to make up for some of the things I did not like about the series prior.

Starting with Brian Michael Bendis run scribes apparently forgot how to handle Moon Knight or how his character is like, Bendis made him someone Luke Cage is unfamiliar with, and if you read Marvel Knights volume 1 you know they have some history together, but as a fan of both characters their history together is brief and of very few run-ins, another thing Bendis did is confuse this version for his take on him in Ultimate Spider-Man, by making him actually crazy with multiple personalities, and not the guy taking various disguises for different purposes to help him get information.

The run of Warren Ellis is something I have not read, but apparently he made him Batman with a suit, an actual fancy suit, not the tights those costumed clowns usually wear and identify as suits.

And now this, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be an attempt to get readers to grab Moon Knight, but THIS is not the character I'm a fan of and first saw on the pages of Round Robin in The Amazing Spider-Man, people who get to be fans of the character from this volume probably won't be able to identify him if they hunt down the runs of the likes of Doug Moench and Charles Dixoon.