1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mobile Suit Gundam

Discussion in 'Animation Wiki Discussion' started by GWOtaku, May 27, 2008.

1. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

2. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

Hm. An expected way just to establish ground that works. Although right now there's nothing really to discuss around until we get things started.

The question remains about what CAN we do for the entries to the franchise. Is it just limited to the shows, can we add characters, mecha profiles, etc?

3. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

Any information is welcome. You can make individual articles on series, characters, whatever pleases you. Episode guides are welcome too as long as they're not actual spoilers.

4. Juu-kuchi

Looks like I'll get the chance to copy and paste my Rau Le Creuset wikipedia entry again.

5. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

*smile*

This is going to be fun. :) This whole TZ wiki thing is a really good idea.

6. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Character entries?! *thinks of the fighting over at the main Wikipedia* ><!!

7. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

In regards to character entries, they should be kept to characters that are big enough to warrant their own article, and, like series entries, kept as unbiased as possible. Currently I'm working on the Bugs Bunny entry, which I definitely believe is worth of his own article, rather than just a description in the Looney Tunes article.

I'm not familiar with the fight in the Main Wiki regarding character articles. What happened there?

8. HellCat

I'm referring to how they can erupt into edit wars over things like character's actions or romantic pairings. Let's say you have an anti-hero character who has done one or two rather dastardly things. Editor #1 decides to change the mentions of these to make the character look really evil. Then Editor #2 comes along and changes this in a equally biased way that sings the character's praises. The two keep going back and forth on this.
    Similar thing with pairings. An editor decides two characters are clearly an item and edits all related entries to suggest this. Any other character who may be involved with either character likewise has mention of them edited to bashing.

9. Juu-kuchi

Just wanted to inform all that I put some entries up for Gundam SEED and Destiny. Short form intros, but it's a start.

Also I'd like to at least point out really that we should avoid articles involving production crew like this, where there's 'citations needed' up the tailpipe. I know everybody hates or has a callous disregard for some people who worked in an anime or show, but it would help that we also apply this to the production crew, so that the articles don't make them out to be like a baby eater or something.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go photoshop a picture of Chiaki Morosawa over a painting of Joan of Arc burned at the stake and post it on Wikipedia.

10. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

So on the matter of crew, just limit it to their careers and what they've worked on? No problem. Discussing their influence would probably also be good, when appropriate...for instance Tomino had an obvious influence on later Gundam shows, and Walt Disney had a huge impact on animaton everywhere.

In sum, this is a good example of what to avoid...

[​IMG]

#10 GWOtaku, May 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2008
  11. HellCat

Just a quick note- this is the discussion thread for the original series. I followed Wikipedia's example and made a seperate overall article for the Gundam franchise. MSG just covers the original series.

I think they key to work with is facts. I'm sure once things really start moving citations will be required but if there's enough evidence to make a claim of importance then I'd say go for it. Obviously someone like Walt Disney deserves a mention of importance and you can easily find enough quotable examples where animators and such afterwards thank him. The no no area would probably be when people just put their own personal opinion as fact. Case in point, I couldn't write "Mobile Fighter G Gundam won over viewers with its memorable characters". I'm presenting my own opinion as fact and with no reliable source to justify it.

12. Juu-kuchi

Right right right. It's just that this thread was the most popular thread that involves the name Gundam so I just thought that this would be the ideal place to discuss things related to it and also detail contributions of the sort.

My mistake.

13. HellCat

Not really anyone's mistake. I'm just trying to nip this in the bud :) Each article has an individual discussion page/thread, so it's important to keep all discussion in the most relevant one.

14. Juu-kuchi

Well it's a mistake if I placed it here and get called out for it, which means I should've been a bit more observant.

I'll go create some pages for Gundam SEED and Destiny now.

15. HellCat

Clearly it was GWOtaku's mistake. I blame the Rin ;)

16. Juu-kuchi

Well it's been fixed. Now I won't have to be crucified over this.

17. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

I say promote HellCat to 'Gundam Mod' status. :)