1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mitch Schauer

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

There have been a couple of discoveries lately. One is that the weird puppet in the video labeled "uh....what?" in For Portlander's Only's video section is actually Madam from the old ventriloquism act "Waylan Jennings and Madam." The only reference to this act in the last 20 years was in a Family Guy episode, but they also turned up on a variety Christmas special from 1984 that I found. It's the same puppet with the same voice.

However, I'm not going to change the description and put that it's Madam, because the unknown is funnier.

But I realized something even more interesting. A couple of years ago I wrote "On Beyond Yeller" for the site, and on that page is described some comedy club show with strange and weak stand-up acts. Mitch Schauer is the mullet man on the left, he's mentioned by name and he gives a bland routine on relationships. I've had this nagging feeling that I've seen the name Mitch Schauer somewhere before, and recently I realized where I did.

I'm guessing there aren't two Mitch Schauers in LA, so I think I'm right in what I'm about to say:

[​IMG]

That's the same Mitch Schauer that created the Angry Beavers. :eek:

By the way, the crosseyed woman's name is Diane Ford. Anybody heard of Diane Ford?

2. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

There have been a couple of discoveries lately. One is that the weird puppet in the video labeled "uh....what?" in For Portlander's Only's video section is actually Madam from the old ventriloquism act "Waylan Jennings and Madam." The only reference to this act in the last 20 years was in a Family Guy episode, but they also turned up on a variety Christmas special from 1984 that I found. It's the same puppet with the same voice.

However, I'm not going to change the description and put that it's Madam, because the unknown is funnier.

But I realized something even more interesting. A couple of years ago I wrote "On Beyond Yeller" for the site, and on that page is described some comedy club show with strange and weak stand-up acts. Mitch Schauer is the mullet man on the left, he's mentioned by name and he gives a bland routine on relationships. I've had this nagging feeling that I've seen the name Mitch Schauer somewhere before, and recently I realized where I did.

I'm guessing there aren't two Mitch Schauers in LA, so I think I'm right in what I'm about to say:

[​IMG]

That's the same Mitch Schauer that created the Angry Beavers. :eek:

By the way, the crosseyed woman's name is Diane Ford. Anybody heard of Diane Ford?

3. Greg1

Greg1 Ness Vet

Oh, I could have told you about Madam. She was also a semi-popular Hollywood Squares character.

If we're talking "expansion of PC articles", you know that one on Failed TV Pilots? Remember Generation X? Well, I have the entire pilot in my collection. And no, Mars, you can't have it till I'm done writing about it. Which, at my rate, will be 2008. ;)

4. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

There will be new Futurama episodes before I can ever see Generation X? You're cruel.....

5. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

There will be new Futurama episodes before I can ever see Generation X? You're cruel.....

6. Greg1

Greg1 Ness Vet

Really, I'm just slow on getting this big overhaul done. I need to finish my grand 200th article, than I plan to go straight into writing the G-X article.