1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Minerva Mink in comics

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Zam, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Zam

Zam Let me sleep internet!

The controversial Mink had way more appearances on the Animaniacs comic than the show, where the writers explored her story possibilites from parody to some edgy gags.

[​IMG]

So who managed to read them? I think it´s kinnda hit and miss, and sometimes borderline only for adults.:sweat:

#1 Zam, Sep 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008
  2. Itchy

Itchy Scratchy's enemy

I read one which was more or less a lot like the original episode she appeared in were Newt would try to catch her while trying to keep himself from falling in love with her. It was pretty innocent and never went further than the show did.

3. EJLD4Ever

EJLD4Ever Animation Student

I recall a segment sometime in the Feb '99 issue called "Minerva's Valentine" where she tries to get a date for V-day, but in the end decides to have dinner with herself!

4. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

There was an early Animaniacs comic book issue in 1995 with a MIRROR MIX UP puzzle starring Minerva Mink!

5. Zam

What surprised me is that in the comics humans can get "surprised" by her. In the cartoons they were careful to avoid this situation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#5 Zam, Sep 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2008
  6. Jayngfet

Jayngfet RAWR!

[​IMG]

Dude in panel three looks like leonidas.

7. Baltofan

Baltofan Active Member

I hope for a 2D animated movie based upon the comics.

8. Zam

.........I heard they want to make the Catillac Cats remake first....:p:p:p

9. Itchy

Itchy Scratchy's enemy

Didn't bother me. Has been done before without problems such as Tex Avery's Wolf and Red Riding Hood and Roger and Jessica Rabbit.

10. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

The key difference there is that Red and Jessica were both human, so it didn't come off as humans "losing it" over an animal, which is technically beastiality.

Anyways, we already saw this happen on TV once in "Wakko At the Bat"; both Minerva and Hello Nurse were employed to tighten the pants of of the opposing players so that the Warner team could steal the base.

11. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Well, by that definition, then Roger/Jessica is bestiality, since the sentiment was mutual.

But as I said on another topic, those are things I prefer to ignore when watching cartoons because it affects my overall enjoyment of them. If a human is going crazy for an animal, just remember it's just a cartoon.

12. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

You're right about that, actually. Sometimes fans (myself included) tend to read way too much into these things. To paraphrase Sigmund Freud, "Sometimes a cartoon character is just a cartoon character".

13. All Star Blitz

All Star Blitz What the heck am I doing?

Wow, Animaniacs had a comic series? The things I missed by giving up on the show after one season. I do like that logo, though.

14. Jpox

Jpox Member

I recall that in Looney Tunes #126, Minerva had a cameo but was drawn as a human.
    The only thing that tipped me off it could be Minerva Mink is that she was suppose to be the Goddess of Love or something and Daffy throws her off the ship complaining about too many cameos. I didn't get the joke right away until I noticed the human Minerva resembled her Animaniacs' design.
    I don't have the issue, I flipped through it at the time...

15. All Star Blitz

All Star Blitz What the heck am I doing?

This just got me thinking of something. Judging from this page alone, it looks like they were trying to do more with Minerva than just "every male on the planet goes gaga over her" (although that still happens in the last panel). Maybe if they'd just spun her off into a more adult oriented series they'd have had more potential with the seduction angle, at least. I dunno. At least this story looks to be trying something different.