1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Milo Murphy's Law" News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by BeanoMaster, Jul 13, 2015.

1. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Because of the lookalike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Well because of the awkward interaction which I thought was cute, I hope this is not the last we have seen of Lola.

Who knows, Melissa and Lola could be the Star and Jackie to Milo's Marco.

3. zoombie

What are you talking about Milo's parents have been on the show before. Milo's dad was in "Sunny Side Up", Milo's mom was in "Rooting For The Enemy", not to mention they are both in this week's episode in Sara's birthday flashback.

4. imanidrayton

imanidrayton Member

I guess I must of missed that part when I was watching both of those episodes.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

5. zoombie

So who is on Team Lola and who is on Team Melissa.

I am on Team Lola for now, but the plus side of Team Melissa if it means sticking it to Bradley I am cool with that.

6. Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster Active Member

I'm on neither team, I'm on team nameless doctors! Don't lie, we ALL saw that sub-text.

7. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

So the two golfers in The Note happened to be played by

[​IMG]

Jonathon Mangum and Wayne Brady. Loved that part.

I also dig how Sarah is the complete polar opposite of Candace. The ending of The Doctor Zone files was really sweet.

8. WingedArtist28

Very surprised. I thought the show despite its low premiere ratings on Disney XD (200k-300k same range as the other XD shows') wouldn't get the Disney Channel spot as Star Vs., Gravity Falls, and other highly rated XD shows did. Then again, the DC premieres were planned way ahead thinking that the show will perform well just like Phineas and Ferb. But I guess after that, it might be less scheduled. Or I guess Disney is more forgiving of Dan and Swampy to let them still get more revenue planned ahead or just not minding how the show's performing on Disney XD. Especially when other Disney XD shows like Wander, The 7D, Penn Zero, Futureworm, etc. don't premiere new episodes on Disney Channel after their XD premeires. Disney's decisions on handling shows are more complex than we assume even if we know the simple gist of it.

All that said though, glad it got the chance to air on Disney Channel. I'm not bashing the show since I've seen bits of it and thought it was just as good as Phineas and Ferb. Weird Al did a good job as Milo and the supporting cast are fun as well. The concept of Murphy's Law into this setting is very interesting and definitely in good hands by Dan and Swampy. Plus they had an arc planned meant to gradually progress within the standalone episodes towards a possible payoff by the mid-point or the season finale. Maybe its spot on Disney Channel can shine some brightness amongst the teen sitcoms nowadays. Sure hope other animated XD shows whether doing good or bad at the ratings performance can at least have a chance to premiere on Disney Channel to spread more awareness even if Disney XD makes more ad revenue than Disney Channel's ad-free sponsors.

9. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

The Doctor Zone Files/The Note were awesome/funny,

Doctor Zone/Time Ape, best enjoyable parody characters.

Both Milo/Sara being huge Doctor Zone fans was great.

Sara, best awesome funny likable supporting sister character next to Dani Burns, 2nd Dimension Candace Flynn, and Mabel Pines, more better than Candace Flynn who's a more nicer Anti-Candace Flynn:D.Interesting that she doesn't have the bad luck curse.

Nice that Milo, Sara, Melissa, and Zack got to see the Doctor Zone movie.

Elliott the school crossing guard, my favorite great funny recurring antagonist.

Melissa/Zack helping Milo retrieving his doctor's note was great.

Lola and friends, awesome gender bender characters next to Carrie/The Newmans(Grojband):D, I hope to see them again.

#109 Radical, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  10. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

......if we see them again. I hope

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Game Freak 4

Game Freak 4 TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!

So, is Murphy's Law a gene? Does it past from generation to generation?

Why doesn't Sara have it?

12. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it's a gene. Siblings don't always get the exact same genes. Sometimes, something could even skip a generation.

13. Game Freak 4

Game Freak 4 TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!

Ah, like the Mcstuffins' ability to speak to toys. It skips a Generation in that show as well.

14. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

15. imanidrayton

imanidrayton Member

16. WingedArtist28

Disney Channel will premiere Milo Murphy's Law tomorrow through next Sunday. Surprised by this notion given that the Disney XD ratings are underwhelming at the start compared to Phineas and Ferb's usual ratings above half a million views. Guess Disney has more trust on Dan and Swampy good or bad ratings than the other Disney XD animated creators. I think it's only for one week though, to get DC viewers interested in it and buy Disney XD to make the ratings go a bit better.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/milo-murphys-law/upcoming-episodes/EP02363096?aid=zap2it

17. zoombie

Party of Peril

Nice to see an episode that has a happy ending. Milo got the birthday he always ended, and his friends and family showed up to show him support even though he causes a lot of trouble.

Except for Bradly was notably absent, he and the crossing guard are the only two characters that show any antagonistic vibe towards Milo, but I didn't think it was to the point he hated him, and Melissa could have used her charm to get him to get him to come, I guess it is like excepting Brittany Wang to show up at Star Butterfly's birthday party.

Smooth Opera-tor

It is nice that Amanda got some spotlight. As seen in this episode and the "Party Of Peril", she has quirk of being organized, she and Pearl from Steven Universe would get along great. Amanda was for me the Janna of the series, a background character I wanted to see more of, and I get it here, though Amanda is the complete opposite of Janna. Now those two characters I would love to see meet.

And those nut salesmen are back, some fans are speculate they could be the villains of the series, so stay tuned.

18. zoombie

Worked Day

A good episode, but another reason to think those peanut salesmen are villains. I don't know what they are plotting but we will see.

Milo's dad is a safety inspector, I guess finding a way to make his abilities useful, we find out Melissa's dad is a fireman, and we meet Zack's mom, and between her and Dr. Maheswaran, we have some representation of women of color, nice.

Wilder West

I thought they would be no romance, and here we have romance involving Zack of all people, as he falls for Calamity Jane's descendant, a girl named Jackie, who is voiced by Ariel Winter the voice of Sofia from Sofia the First, now that she is voicing teenagers, I wanted how much more self life Sofia has left. I do like her nick name for Zack boy band, and I love seeing Zack's wild side and not be the normal straight guy.

And it is nice to see Sara taking being neglected and forgotten in strides, I know other characters that wouldn't take that well, some even become super villains because of that.

19. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

No reason to be alone in here Zoombie. I'll contribute my thoughts as well.

Party of Peril: Yeah, this was a real sweet episode. I think it's best that even though it's a cartoon, There's a certain realism of what it would be like to live with a walking catastrophe of a kid like Milo. They have to think about things like insurance for the OTHER kids. I just can't help but be a little fascinated by that. Also I lost it at the duck attacking Elliot.

Smooth Opera-tor: So we finally get a good look at Amanda and that Milo seems to have a bit of a crush on her. I'm not a shipper or anything, but I think it's cute. She's like an adorable, female Baljeet. Great gags and humor all around in this one.

Worked Day: Another fine episode. I thought it was great to see more Dakota and Cavendish. They make for a very fun pair. I really can't see them being villains. We know they're supposed to be time travelers, but I hope they reveal their backstory soon. I wonder if they're both from the future or if one of them and brought the other along.

Wilder West: Eh, this one was okay. It's interesting to see that Milo, while optimistic, doesn't exactly go looking for trouble like the girl. I wonder if we'll see her the future out if she was just a one-off.

20. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

I'm happy to see Dan and Jeff still having fun with what they create for Disney, and I'm equally happy Disney is just sorta letting them have free range though after the success of P&F it's kinda expected.

It's off to a strong start and the premise is fresher than it would seem at first glance. And as the general tone and up beat nature of it...well in this day and age it's not only appreciated but desperately needed