1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Milo Murphy's Law" News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by BeanoMaster, Jul 13, 2015.

1. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Me too, I can't wait to see what will come out of it.

2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

^I agree with both of you the show sounds interesting, and probably be as good as its predecessor.

3. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Looks like the first episode is available for free on iTunes. I don't have a link because for some reason I couldn't find it on the web version, but I took a screenshot to prove it's there (Update: Got the link! Thanks to @Daikun for finding it!).
    [​IMG]

It's also available for free on Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/Going-Extra-Milo-Undergrounders/dp/B01LX8IS0P/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474370616&sr=8-1&keywords=milo+murphy's+law

I also heard it's available for pay on YouTube, but I can't find it. It will be available on there for free next week anyway.

UPDATE: Just saw the episode and I thought it was pretty good. Definitely looking forward to seeing more!

#63 PinkiePie97, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  4. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

I watched the pilot tonight as well. I enjoyed how everything was connected and how it established some continuity right off the bat. It has that spark of early Phineas and Ferb in that regard for sure. Hopefully the momentum continues and this show avoids the pratfalls of the aforementioned show. Looking forward to it!

5. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

Saw the pilot and I liked what I saw

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. imanidrayton

imanidrayton Member

Just now saw the first episode, it was great.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

7. bobbybop

bobbybop Member

Good show. Good jokes. It has the potential to last as long as Phineas and Ferb. I want to see a episode about the llama incident.

8. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

Saw the pilot on Amazon and I like it. If I had to compare, I'd say it's like a family-friendly version of Final Destination.

Also, that is one catchy theme song. I caught myself humming it while walking down the street.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Looks like we're in good hands with this one - Definitely some High Tier material from both opening remarks this series is making for itself. I admit, at first, a show about a kid who has bad luck (with effective intelligence to handle it both physically & emotionally, as well as some occasional good luck to even things out) sounds preposterous - however, if this first episode is any indication, that's looking like a non-issue (for now; like I said - hopefully these writers can keep up this good work I've observed here today.).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Found the link.

11. PinkiePie97

12. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

5 seconds in, and I already love this. It'll be interesting to see how the show will evolve and grow over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Well after watching the show's two episodes, i'm like "Wow, i'm starting to get the hang of this show", i just hope the show has more potential to see.

14. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

I thought that this was really good on my first watch. I personally really loved Phineas and Ferb and I really trust that the creators will make something great out of this.

15. gunleon

gunleon MPXToonInferno

Excerpts from my video review:

"I doubt the show will make it that far beyond 2 seasons. The formula is fine and all, but on paper it's not something that would make a lasting appeal. As much as I'm no longer paying attention to The Fairly Oddparents, its concept of two fairies giving wishes to a kid does have an appeal that continues to this day.....

.....The show does have charm, though. Weird Al does pretty well playing a teenager in this series, which is also the first time in his voice-acting career that he gets to play the protagonist. The theme song, which Weird Al performs, is quite catchy and likable.

And of course, there's Melissa. Shortly after the first episode online, I'm already seeing plenty of fan art of her. Sorry, Candace. You've just been knocked off as favorite Disney 'waifu'.

Milo Murphy's Law may not be the megahit Disney expects from the duo behind Phineas & Ferb. But for what it's worth, the show is not bad at all. You can just relax, watch an episode, and feel good about it before you move on with whatever it is you're doing."

16. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Just got done watching the premiere. The show has a lot of appeal, but unfortunately, I just can't buy Weird Al sounding like a kid/teen. Instead of trying to disappear into a character, he just sounds like, well, Weird Al. He doesn't sound young at all and I find it distracting.

17. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Milo Murphy's Law, easily my favorite awesome new comedy series after Phineas and Ferb, after seeing the first two awesome funny episodes, the comedy/crazy adventures are really awesome/enjoyable which has sweet potential, I hope it will last longer like Phineas and Ferb due to its amazing potential, cool with Weird Al getting his first major protagonist role after his guest star roles and that its based on Murphy's Law.Love the awesome catchy opening theme song from Weird Al:D.Cool that a crossover with Phineas and Ferb will come, I'll enjoy it.

Thoughts on the characters: Both Milo with Melissa/Zack, great likable funny major protagonists next to Phineas, Ferb, and Isabella, Milo's bad luck while having crazy adventures is interesting, and Melissa's great character design looking like a more better likable Anti-Candace Flynn whose design is based on Vanessa is awesome.Diogee the best awesome dog character ever:D.

Bradley, my favorite amusing bully antagonist, the Buford/Thaddeus & Thor of the series, hehehe.Love the alien villains, I'll enjoy more wacky funny antagonists Milo will encounter further episodes.

I hope a Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz-type funny entertaining major villain will show up pretty soon.

Dr. Zone, a Doctor Who parody character, really awesome.

#77 Radical, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  18. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I am surprised. I didn't like Phineas and Ferb at all, but this was a lot better.

I honestly didn't like the first segment, but I kept on watching and I actually did enjoy the second one. But yes, I am afraid this will get repetitive soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's me, but there's something about the humor that reminds me of some of Seth Macfarlane's work.

20. PinkiePie97

Dan used to be a director on Family Guy before Phineas and Ferb, so that might have something to do with it.