"Milo Murphy's Law" News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by BeanoMaster, Jul 13, 2015.

1. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

The crossover will be the season 2 premiere.

2. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Wow, that soon?

3. Mr.O

Mr.O Active Member

I liked Phineas and Ferb as much as the next guy, but I kind of wanted this show to grow on its own a bit more. But I really doubt Dan and Jeff will disappoint.

4. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Kind of soon, but at least they waited until the second season. I hope this is what they planned and it's not a bad sign for the show's future.

To be perfectly honest, and I don't care if this is sacrilegious, I enjoy Murphy's Law even more than Phineas and Ferb and I think it's written better and overall better executed as well.

5. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Well, Sofia The First and Elena Of Avalor, both of which have the same creator, also had a crossover movie pretty much right out of the gate for the latter. Though the circumstances are a bit different considering that Sofia is still going on while Phineas And Ferb ended. Plus, the Sofia/Elena crossover is pretty much meant to launch the latter's show while the Milo/Phineas crossover is just a one off for the latter show.

6. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

The second season finale is currently being written.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Mr.O

Mr.O Active Member

That's awesome! Do any of you think this show (unlike the intentionally stagnant P&F) will have any major, possibly status quo changing events in either of its finales? If so which season finale do you think a major event will most likely take place?

I only ask this because I have a get the strange feeling that this show may get an even stronger plot direction in the second season.

8. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

Watching Missing Milo again and well I wonder if Dakota calling his boss, "such a Joker." Was an intentional reference to Mark Hamill. Yeah it was probably a coincidence but I still got a laugh at it when I realized who voiced their boss.

9. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

According to the press calendar, a Halloween special is airing on October 7.

10. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Well something like this:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

12. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

They also posted this on a Twitter:

13. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

15. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

16. MarshalGrover

MarshalGrover New Member

After watching all the episodes thus far, the show really isn't doing anything for me and I can't put my finger on why. A lot of the quips and cutaways and subplots feel like distractions and filler; the music isn't as good as P&F either. It feels like Dan and Swampy (that's their monickers, right?) don't know what to do without the P&F formula they could rely on for story beats and such; half the time it seems like things are more focused on the pistachio guys than Milo.

• Like Like x 3
  17. ShadowBeast

Star Struck: It was good, The trailer for the Krill movie was hilarious with the usual action movie cliches and the overuse production names that movies have, along with the ridiculousness of krill being a threat and that the movie had so many sequels. The switch-a-roo with Mort was good and unexpected. As soon as the Tobias showed what a Menninkainen was, it was obvious that Tobias was gonna mistake Milo for one.

Disaster of My Dreams: Alright episode, but Elliot isn't really a likable enough character to star in an episode. And it was predictable that he was gonna focus on following Milo. The parts where Murphy's Law caused a submarine to rise into Principal Milder'soffice and where Milo helped Elliot open the door for the boulder without any trouble was funny though.

Perchance to Sleepwalk: I hope the plot of Cavendish and Dakota doesn't go on too long and someone points out that only that one Pistachio plant was actually a threat to the future and not the regular ones. I can see why Zack is kind of a wuss with what his parents considers "roughing it". It's ironic that when Cavendish and Dakota shirk off their duties and try not to save the Pistachios, they end almost saving the plants with attracting the birds to themselves. It was Karma that Brick and Savannah end up with Cavendish and Dakota's Pistachio job, and I bet they end up having to put up with Murphy's Law. Speaking of Murphy, his little moonlight stroll (along with the song that came with it) was the best part of the episode. There were even Llamas like in the Llama incident^^. I think this is the first time Melissa has joined Zack in putting up with Murphy Law as well.

Some Like it Yacht: Definitely a good episode. It would've served the school board right if that yacht was completely destroyed. The teachers going savage like in Seattle incident was humorous. Gotta wonder how the island-animals survive with dealing with a huge tsunami every fifty years? The fish on Murawski's arm was a flounder. The whole Pelican getting stuck in Coach Nolan's jacket thing was the best part of the episode. The look Milo,Zack, and Mort gave while Nolan was struggling with the Pelican was hilarious. They solved the mystery of what happened to Milo's grandfather's ship, though gotta wonder how it got there since Milo''s grandfather would've been away from the ship at the time it disappeared. I loved Melissa's little freak-out when My Drako surprised her. Gotta love a reference to a past episode with Diogee being the leader.

Backward to School Night: Another great episode. Dakota turning his arm into a baby-arm and creeping Cavendish with it reminded me of that Right Now KaPow episode with the Fountain of Youth. Milo,Melissa, and Zack learn that raising children is a lot harder than they thought. Even the parents are curious about whether Mr Drako is a vampire or not. I'm surprised no one was worried about two Murphys being in the school. The part with young Dakota hugging Cavendish was very sweet. Who knew that they used a real skeleton in the science lab? Obviously Zack has never herded cats. Melissa's mom is the only parents of the trio that we haven't seen yet. I wonder if there's a reason why she hasn't shown up yet?

World Without Milo: A better episode than "Disaster of My Dreams". Wasn't expecting much from this one, but it surprisingly pretty good. I was figuring that it was all gonna be a dream, and Jeff and Dan even played with that cliche with a fake-out of Elliot waking up and thinking that Milo being erased was only a dream but it wasn't a dream.

18. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wasn't expecting a 30 minute episode today, let alone one to be left on a cliffhanger!
    So Doofensmirtz invented time travel, didn't Phineas and Ferb already figured it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. ShadowBeast

I wasn't expecting a 30 min cliffhanger either. But wow, I hope the other half airs soon.
    Phineas and Ferb repaired a time machine in a museum, but I doubt they took credit for doing so, and thus leaving Doofensmirtz open to take credit for it.

20. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I did my see that ending coming despite knowing there would be a crossover. It got a really good laugh out of me though.