"Milo Murphy's Law" News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by BeanoMaster, Jul 13, 2015.

1. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Or probably "The Substitute", since it's a callback to what led to creation of King Pistachio to towards the episode's events.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Missing Milo: I loved it. I knew Diogee was gonna be the one who takes down King Pistachion, but it was still very well down. Melissa trying to cure Murphy's Law was very sweet of her and sweet of her to give up on it, with it being that she believed that Milo wouldn't want to be cured of his curse. All the time jokes were hilarious and I had a feeling that Milo wasn't done with time traveling since it wouldn't make sense for him to go that specific "Dr Zone" timeline unless Cavendish/Dakota mess up the coordinates, which didn't happen.

But they didn't go to the timeline of "The Substitute" only the Llama incident.

3. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Milo's VA confirmed or hinted that the show will return with new episodes in September.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. ShadowBeast

I wonder if time-traveling will be Milo's career since the Dr Zone creator referred to him as Cavendish and Dakota's protege?

5. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That hour special was a lot of fun. I hope we continue to see big adventures due to Milo's mishaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

It could be that. It's also possible they either weren't completely honest with him for some reason, or they didn't tell him much at all and he just assumed.

7. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

this may be the last show I'd expect to have an ongoing plot

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

The episodes airing in September will wrap up season 1.

9. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Just here to chime in that the hour long special (Missing Milo) was God Tier material for this show... I'm just surprised it's not Season 1's finale. That would have worked even more in its favor to effectively set up Season 2, IMHO - oh, well. Regardless...

+ Glad to see those Pistachio guys got some positive character development, what with them learning why Milo is how he is through the conflict presented to us, as well as being more accepting of it. I was getting worried about those 2...

+ We get some more insight into Melissa (that comes off a bit creepy at first, but otherwise is kept surprisingly subtle) trying to understand Milo, despite the harsh reality that she can't really help him all that much.

+ We have some insight into how the Doctor Zone files came into play, courtesy of the pistachio guys for some added world - building to help flesh things out involving our characters and what interests them, showing me that these writers care about the bigger picture here.

+ I don't even need to say that the humor is spot - on without overtaking the conflict, which is what makes this show stand out so damn well, IMHO.

... And that's not even counting that this show just handled a serious conflict involving time travel, while not coming off too crazy and being easy enough to follow.

Here's hoping this show can keep this balance of action and comedy, because it has been a pleasure to watch for me... Well, unlike Phineas & Ferb ever was (then again, I never really liked that show.), IMHO.

10. Mr.O

Mr.O Active Member

Just watched the special. It was fantastic, needless to say. This show is definitely the most enjoyable Disney toon being produced today imo.

11. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This was a fun hour long special. I wasn't expecting Cavendish and Dakota to learn about Murphy's law. I thought that they'd drag out that part of the gag a bit longer, but I'm glad that didn't happen. It was fun to see a longer bigger adventure for Milo. Getting rid of his backpack also added more tension in the future than there would have been otherwise. The humor was pretty solid, there were some nice twists and the climax was more action packed than I expected for this show. I also expected that memories would be altered somehow to keep misunderstandings going, but that didn't happen either. Maybe I'm too used to the status quo being maintained like in Phineas and Ferb, but I liked seeing Milo interacting with Cavendish and Dakota. They developed a nice friendship and the ending left a big opening for another time travel adventure.

I would have expected this to be the season finale instead of the season opener, but it was really good and fun. I'm curious how they'll handle that Phineas and Ferb crossover too.

12. ShadowBeast

How could this be the season opener if we're still on season 1?

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Because I didn't know that there were still season one episodes that haven't aired yet and before reading through this thread, I thought that this was the season one finale.

14. ShadowBeast

Wait? Did you think this was the season finale? or season opener?

15. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought it was the first season finale instead of the start of season two.

16. ShadowBeast

And it's neither of those, even though It would fit perfectly as a finale. If Dan and Jeff planned it liked that, they are geniuses.

17. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that it was mentioned somewhere here that it was the start of season two, but I must have been mistaken. It definitely feels more like a finale to me with getting Milo and his friends involved in a time travel adventure and setting up for another one down the road.

18. Mr.O

Mr.O Active Member

I watched it again and I must say,I am really impressed with this shows fluid continuity. So much potentially ongoing jokes lost to character and plot progression, I wonder if Jeff and Dan are deliberately doing a 180 from Phineas and Ferb. Also, I really applaud how they made the Pistachio-people were kept as irredeemable treats despite being saturated with humor and personality.

19. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Missing Milo was pretty awesome/enjoyable,

Milo, Melissa, and Zack's great funny moments.
    Cool seeing Vinnie & Balthazar, the best awesome funny characters.
    Great continuity with the strange pistachio plant.
    Cool seeing Brick & Savannah while loving it when they get crushed, go Milo, hehehe.
    Milo, Vinnie, and Balthazar's chemistry was sweet/enjoyable:D, loved their character development.
    Love Sara Murphy's funny moment, hehehe.
    King Pistachion and the evil pistachio people, my favorite awesome funny vile major villains, they have sweet designs:D.
    Milo, Vinnie, and Balthazar working together to escape them was pretty sweet.
    Melissa/Zack meeting Brick/Savannah was great/funny.
    Cool seeing Scott the funny Undergrounder helping Melissa/Zack.
    Cool to see Orton Mahlson the creator/Doctor Zone actor, awesome character, cool that he met Vinnie & Balthazar:).
    Love the insight information on The Doctor Zone Files.
    Nice seeing Elliot which he makes me laugh.
    Melissa/Zack/Diogee with Milo teaming up with Vinnie & Balthazar to defeat King Pistachion/the pistachio people was sweet/enjoyable.
    Melissa wanting to cure Murphy's Law was sweet.
    Cool with Vinnie & Balthazar great new friends/allies to Milo/Melissa/Zack now.
    Great foreshadowing ending which the evil pistachio people will return, sweet, I'll enjoy more crazy time travel adventures:D.

I'll enjoy the great Phineas & Ferb/Milo's Murphy's Law crossover coming soon.

20. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

A great special that already puts this show well above all however many seasons of Phineas and Ferb. I feel Marsh and Povenmire have definitely stepped their game up for this show and made improvements with the ongoing plot details. The way the show is scheduled does make it harder to follow at times, but that's not on them.