Mighty Magiswords Fan Storyboard: The Thingee

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by GlassCake, Sep 8, 2016.

1. GlassCake

GlassCake Member

Months ago, I purchased a subscription for Storyboard Pro. To test it, I decided to do a full complete storyboard. As I was remenencing from some old fanficiton I did when I was 10 years old, I decided to do a fan storyboard instead to test my skills. I was under the influence by my friend to try Mighty Magiswords. I made a basic plot: the Warriors for Hire go on a mission to retrieve an item requested by the client. But I put in a twist: each Warrior have been appointed by a different client (Prohyas/Zange, Vambre/Hooded Woman) and are both fighting for the item in question while dealing with enemies on the way who just want it because they were after it.

Here are some images for it. Be warned. The designs suck because the laptop that I used doesn't see eye to eye with SP and this was the first time I used it. But I worked it around and did practice so now I got use to it and can use it fully for my art:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Here's the link to the full storyboard since Toonzone is presumably non-PDF supportive: http://www.pencilord.deviantart.com/art/Mighty-Magiswords-Fan-Episode-The-Thingee-609051891
    I received a good compliment on how it had better pacing than the series, even though it was done in the 3 minute version because the 5 minute shorts and 11 minute episodes weren't even announced from the time I did this. And the characters were limited for who made their appearance first in the shorts, so any additional characters like Queen Porcina, Morbidia and Gateaux are not gonna be there.

Let me know how you guys think I did.