1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (Pre-Release Discussion)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Troy Troodon, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

So the first official gameplay for the long anticipated sequel to Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, has just premiered and oh boy it does not disappoint!

As we see in this video, the world map and of course the nemesis system have just upgraded in this new game. The nemesis and potential allies as presented feature captains, war chiefs, overlords, and followers; and it also features strongholds and fortresses.

These nemesis include not only orcs, but trolls too, specifically the Olog-Hai, which are to normal trolls what the Uruk-Hai are to orcs.

The game even includes new cavalry units, which consists of caragors as we see, though I kind'a wish they got wargs to since they did manage to bring in the trolls; I also wish the nemesis system included men, particularly the Black NĂºmenĂ³reans, since they are better fits for necromancers and the like than orcs.

And looking at these new additions to the gameplay, it almost reminds me of, The Battle for Middle-Earth games, and you know what I like it!

What do you guys think thus far?