1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mickey and the Roadster Racers

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by BeanoMaster, Apr 11, 2015.

1. BeanoMaster

BeanoMaster Active Member

2. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

Never mind. I enjoy it.

#2 TsWade2, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  3. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

Seeing how Clubhouse has continued alongside the Rudish shorts, I don't think so.

4. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Well-Known Member

That doesn't really mean much.. especially that the new Mickey Mouse shorts already has a third season on the way. It's probably just an alternate way for more addition Disney Junior stuff.

5. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Whoa, dude, overreact much? Why would a new Disney Junior series starring Mickey mean that the Paul Rudish shorts are coming to an end? The Clubhouse Mickey shows and the shorts aren't aimed at the same audience, so there's no reason they can't or shouldn't co-exist. Both are popular with their respective fanbases, so I don't see the 2 as mutually exclusive.

The fact of the matter is that is that Mickey Mouse can be or do whatever the smeg his creators want him to be or do, even multiple identities at once, 'cause he's a fictional character and Disney's property.

6. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

No. No one ever said that.

Seriously, dude. There's no reason to freak out every time Disney does something new with the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse version of the character(s). The show is popular with it's fan base, so naturally Disney is going to milk that cash cow for all that it's worth.

7. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

All right, but they better not make it like Clubhouse 2.0, because that was a disgrace IMO.

8. Whimsical Crank

Whimsical Crank Sensible to a Slight Degree

I suddenly feel like I'm having flashbacks of my very, very short (and unpleasant mostly due to my posting style back then) stay at dvdizzy.

Anyway, regarding the upcoming show, the animation seems more fluid and fast-moving than MMC, so that's good. And it certainly doesn't mean the Rudish shorts will get cancelled, there can never be too many Mickey projects at Disney, the character's a cash cow.

9. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

It's funny to think that wasn't exactly the case in the early days of Disney Television Animation. Eisner's leadership was very sensitive over depictions of flagship characters like Mickey, and felt they shouldn't be overexposed on a weekly TV show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

The show was a disgrace to who or what, precisely? And if it does turn out to be like MMC, what do you plan to do, exactly?

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is/was a show made for toddlers and preschoolers, and they evidently love(d) it, otherwise it wouldn't have lasted as long as it has and Disney wouldn't be making another series in that vein. I've been reading some of the latest posts here and in other recent Disney threads, and I have to say, I think it's really pretty darn silly, all the bile that's being spewed over Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Adults complaining about preschool shows like MMC is like vegans complaining about a new steakhouse: of course people our age aren't going to like it, shows like these aren't made for people our age and their popularity is boosted by other factors than how much adults on message boards (i.e., the people the network doesn't care about and who haven't done anything to hurt the show or Disney Junior's success) care for them.

See, I honestly don't care about Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Not one bit. Its' success or longevity doesn't affect me in the slightest. I've seen a few minutes of a few shows while waiting for Sofia the First or Doc McStuffins or Miles from Tomorrowland to come on, and MMC just looked like something that wouldn't interest me, so I've never bothered watching an entire episode and simply get on with my day. I don't spend my time on message boards bellyaching about how a show aimed at tiny tots that I personally don't care about is a success because such a practice is fruitless as I'm ages away from the audience this show is targeting. I've never understood why people spend endless hours griping about shows they don't like when other channels and remote controls exist. The shows I don't like I just don't watch. Simple as that.

11. Duckfan

Duckfan Member

I don't think people are complaining about MMC as a show. I've never saw any episode of it, but I guess it isn't a bad one. The point is that Disney is using its classic characters, which used to be funny and edgy, and transforms them into innocent babysitters. Disney already has a bunch of characters for this, most notably Winnie the Pooh.
    But I must admit with the Rudish show Disney has now proven that they don't reduce them to that. And maybe all this has a good site: It keeps the characters alive. The kids of today get introduced to this 80-years-old characters and maybe stick with them as they grow older, when they discover Mickey's "other self". This might be especially true for american kids, who don't grow up with the Disney comics as most european children do.

#11 Duckfan, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  12. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

Well, I suppose that's true.

13. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

Will Mickey Mouse Clubhouse be cancelled to focus on this show or will they co-exist?

14. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

15. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I thought Clubhouse ended a while ago.

16. SweetShop209

I wonder if Bobs Gannaway will create the show. He created both Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake And The Neverland Pirates, and both shows are still airing together.

17. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

Since it's a spin-off of MMCH I would assume the original creator is involved!

#17 Mikurotoro92, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  18. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

I just hope M&TRR is not like MMCH. You know, when Mickey always ask the kids in a dumb way, "What do we need to find, Pluto?" or "What do I need to ride the road? A bike, a banana, or a bottle cap?" And awkward silence. If they just act out the story with good morals like Sofia the First and The Lion Guard, then I won't have a problem with that. I just hope Disney continues doing more shorts for Mickey Mouse or create a new tv series for Mickey and friends for everyone to watch. Of course, Donald Duck is going to be in the upcoming Ducktales reboot.

#18 TsWade2, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  19. FGH1006

FGH1006 New Member

Is this replacing MMC? :rolleyes:

20. SweetShop209