1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Michael Jackson - Xscape"

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by The Talon, Mar 31, 2014.

1. The Talon

The Talon Active Member

It's been almost five years since the death of the King of Pop, and Sony's decided to make a posthumous album of him. "Xscape" is a new album of eight previously unreleased songs by Michael Jackson, but made with a "contemporary sound" by producer/rapper Timbaland. The album will release on May 13th, and a deluxe edition CD featuring the original recordings of the songs will be released.

Michael Jackson's posthumous 'Xscape' due out in May

2. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

I think Michael Jackson is the new Elvis Presley or John Lennon.

3. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece Active Member

Hope the music is good I guess.

4. Toon Master

Toon Master Active Member

I am looking forward to this album and I will be buying it. The only downside is giving money to the greedy Jackson family.

5. GPRailroad8794

GPRailroad8794 Active Member

No, he's Michael Jackson.

Just wait till someone inevitably uploads it on YouTube and listen to it for free like I'm doing. I refuse to pay for music MJ himself didn't release.

6. The Talon

The Talon Active Member

And here's the first new single from the album, Love Never Felt So Good

[video=youtube;FGq4YzdRrhs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGq4YzdRrhs[/video]

7. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

And here's the version with Justin Timberlake:

[video=youtube;0wnuTGGuAVs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnuTGGuAVs[/video]

I have to say I like the vibe they did with it. I'm actually looking forward to this posthumous release. It'll have the remixes and the original version, so its the best of both worlds. It has to be better than the last one.

8. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Just bought the deluxe CD version at Best Buy recently.

9. Toon Master

Toon Master Active Member

I listened to the "contemporized" versions and the original demos. I hate to say it, but I like the newer versions. The demos are good, don't get me wrong, but there's no comparison. If you listen to the newer version of "Chicago" (originally "She Was Lovin' Me") and the demo version, the newer one blows it out of the water. I know it's because we are comparing a "finished" song to a demo here, but I enjoyed the latter more. The only exceptions to this are "Xscape" and "A Place With No Name." In the demo version of "Xscape" the beat is much more out front and center and it adds to the track. You can almost feel his emotions as he "tries to get away." The demo version of "A Place With No Name" sounds pretty much exactly like the song it was based on (America's "A Horse With No Name") and I wish the newer version kept that element (although I can see why the element wasn't kept, you would basically be changing another song). The newer version really destroys the point of the song to me. I feel like it sounds almost exactly the same in the demo version for a reason and when they "contemporized" it they ruined it.

On a side note, whenever they release another posthumous Michael Jackson record I always get a bit blue. It still saddens me that this man is gone. He was one of the last true artists that could still make me excited for any material he was putting out (although in the 2000's there was barely any of that) and when he died it left a huge void. Listening to these songs I could picture the music videos and the performances he could have put on while singing them. Although I probably couldn't picture him at 55 years old either (heck, he would have turned 60 in 2018). Age and Michael Jackson never made sense in my head.

10. animagic1

animagic1 Member

I enjoyed the album. Although it probably is no where near what it would have been,, had Michael been involved in the final concept. I miss Michael's artistry.