1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

METROCON Announces Gundam Wing Reunion

Discussion in 'Toonami (Archived Forum)' started by Justy, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justy

Justy Now you see me...now you don't

I thought this would be of interest to the board and thought this forum would be the most appropriate. Mods may want to mirror it to the Anime Forum.

METROCON, an anime convention held in Tampa, Florida, just added Brian Drummond and Brad Swaile to its guest list. As Mark Hildreth, Scott McNeil, and Kirby Morrow were already confirmed guests, five of the major characters from the 2000 anime (and Toonami) series Mobile Suit Gundam Wing will be appearing at the convention.

Here's a link to the news on animecons.com -http://animecons.com/news/article.shtml/862;

and a link to the convention home page, if you're interested - http://www.metroconventions.com

#1 Justy, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
  2. Raidon Makoto

Raidon Makoto Long Live The Heroes

Sounds awesome. Too bad I live nowhere near there.

3. Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris Creator/Webmaster, TXB

Actually, Gundam Wing DIDN'T air on Adult Swim. Just Toonami and Toonami Midnight Run.

4. Justy

Justy Now you see me...now you don't

My error...I thought maybe it had run on [as] when it was aired uncut. Thanks for the clarification, JH.

5. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Nah Uncut Gundam Wing was one of TMR's greatest additions. Though plenty of other Gundams did air on AS. MSG, 0083 and I think maybe 0080 (which I know was on both TMR and SVES... gosh SVES, honesty I miss that block).

Someone should yell at Mark until he agrees to voice Heero Yui in Dynasty Warriors Gundam II because not having him in the first one as Heero pretty much ruined Heero as a character.

6. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

The game is already released here so it's too late for that, although I think his voice is actually fairly acceptable there. Certainly not as good as Mark's voice, but passable.

Anyhow, while I certainly can't trek all the way south for this, it sounds very awesome and will surely be great for any fans in the area.

7. Alshoff

Alshoff Member

Endless Waltz might have aired on Adult Swim's OnDemand service in 2004. I seem to remember something to that effect.

8. animePWNS

animePWNS Long time coming

Couldn't get Ted Cole (Wufei)?

9. Spike Mcdougal

Spike Mcdougal The Legendary Outlaw

And if I remember correctly he did not reprise Heero in Gundam Battle Assault and that came out in 2002. And if that was him he definitely sounded out of character

10. Novapocalypse

Novapocalypse Active Member

What the heck?!! One state away. :crying:

11. shoujoaifan

shoujoaifan Active Member

Oh yeah, definately going, been planning too for months before hearing about some of the Wing cast a month or two ago. And now's there's more? Awesome. My friend who's idea was to go to this was surprised there's so many from Gundam Wing. I feel bad for him, since I think he was hoping for more variety.

I won't lie though, while I was mostly going for the activities and cosplay, I glad there's so many of the 'Wing cast, since its the show that really got me into anime in the first place. I've seen DBZ & Pokemon before hand, and other Japanese shows before, like Power Rangers/Sentai, but this and its uncut run Toonami's Midnight Run is was showed me that animation can be deep (well, deeper than most Western animation) and help make me into the animation nut I am today.

Is Wing the best Gundam show, let alone best anime ever? Of course not. But its good in it own right, and more importantly, Wing, DBZ, Pokemon, Naruto, etc. all the shows whiny fans cling to will also inspire other fans to check out better shows......and more importantly than THAT both the medicore shows, the decent shows, and the excellant shows are entertaining, which Wing succeded at it.

Kind of poetic, since it was my first serious anime, and this'll be my first anime convention :D Or at at least its a convenient coincedence :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.