1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Men in Black: The Series

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by PennyCat, May 7, 2001.

1. PennyCat

PennyCat Keeper's kitty

Hi,

First of all, I might be the only one to say this, but I'm happy that the show's back on Saturday mornings. I love it. Too bad they had to take Batman Beyond off of the Saturday morning schedule to air them, though. (I think they should've taken off one of the Pokemon showings. I like the show and all but geez...twice in one day?? I don't even watch it on weekdays. I only watch the Saturday morning ones...and only if they're new.)

Secondly, I noticed awhile back in the news article you guys posted up that it's not going to be in the schedule anymore in the Fall. Does that mean it's on its final season now? Is it going to be completely obliterated off the face of the earth...or at least the television...or will it still air in reruns on WB or Cartoon Network or something?

2. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

You're not the only one!

I am happy any time this show is on! I love it as well. Personally, I wish they would release more of the episodes on video, especially DVD (of course, I want EVERYTHING on DVD!:) )

3. batboy2001

batboy2001 Spider Jerusalem

I am glad they're back in black to. Hey I wonder what happened to Alpha?!

4. RockItShipper

RockItShipper Master of Flying Guillotine

I think the sequel will help- maybe with a period of hiatus until it comes out. Supposedly Rosario Dawson from the Josie movie's in MIB2...

5. Nftnat

Nftnat professor/historian/chronicler

MIB's an acquired taste, & I have acquired it. Lately I've been taping every ep I can get for my collection, just like all the Silver Age WB stuff & all the old WB toons; I'm taking no chances 'cause maybe I WILL never see it again. Remember Earthworm Jim? Wish I did; I came along too late to see any of it. Need I say more?

6. Sharklady

Sharklady Active Member

I, too, am happy to see the sable-suited guys in new episodes, and only regret that somebody considered it necessary to kick BB aside to make room for it. You'd think there was some kind of FCC regulation, limiting the number of black-clad cartoon characters that can be included in the Sat. morning schedual.

And I certainly do hope MIB gets renewed eventually. The movie sequel is *bound* to create more interest- why discard a marketable product?

> Hey I wonder what happened to Alpha?! <

I'm confident he'll be turning up before many more episodes have passed. Clearly, he's one of those never-gone-for-good* Supervillains.

* At least, not before the Series Finale. Even then, they'll occasionally reappear in DTV sequels.

7. PennyCat

PennyCat Keeper's kitty

Re: You're not the only one!

They're available on video, really? =X

8. PennyCat

PennyCat Keeper's kitty

Alpha

Last I remember they obliterated him somehow, didn't they?

9. PennyCat

PennyCat Keeper's kitty

Hmm...maybe.

When's the sequel due out, anyway?

10. PennyCat

PennyCat Keeper's kitty

Taping MiB

I probably should start doing that too...just in case. Just wish on weekdays it wasn't on at like, 6:30 in the morning. Luckily I can just set the VCR and sleep through it. :)

11. PennyCat

PennyCat Keeper's kitty

FCC regulations, etc.

Can you tell I'm trying to reach junior status? =X Actually I just have something to say for every response. It's just co-ing-key-dink that I'm posting enough to get past "non-member" status. =X

Anyhoo, I don't think that's something FCC would want to spend time worrying about - having one too many Pokemon's air in one morning.

As for marketing...I agree. :)

12. Nftnat

Re: Alpha

No. The last ep he was in was Opening Gambit, originally aired October 7, 2000. @ the start he was in, to say the least, maximum security. I mean he literally could not move a muscle. He was the only one who knew anything about a certain case relating to a current situation. J tried to finesse some 411 out of him by playing chess with him. Of course J was outclassed, & when Alpha managed to get an electronic chess set it wasn't long until he'd escaped. He then went mechanical, & tried to follow thru on a collaboration with those aliens re. the previous case. J managed to play him to a standstill, but he escaped. Afterward he called MIB to congratulate J for playing him to a standstill; when J asked for a rematch he said "some other time". So he's still out there, waiting for the next chance to get revenge on MIB &/or Earth.

13. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

The Hannibal the Cannibal Syndrome

Quick-thinking J turned Alpha's body against himself (eww) at the end of "The Out-to-Pasture Syndrome" (I think that's the one; in it Zed "retired" from MIB and K was made boss). Alpha survived, but was left severely debilitated and kept in stir at MIB. When, in "The Opening Gambit Synrome" (as Nftnat said), a case involving pirated oil wells on earth came up that was very similar to something Alpha had been working on three decades before, J tapped Alfie for information (in several scenes that reminded me eerily of "Silence of the Lambs"). Alfie fed Clarice...I mean, J...information and eventually took advantage of him to make a break for it--that is to say, the player got played, jack. He rebuilt himself and tried to take charge of the oil-swiping operation he'd been secretly engaged in 30 years before, which had been on hiatus all that time. The agents showed up and put a stop to things; Alfie wound up washed down the drain in a stream of crude oil. Actually, almost anticlimactic. It'd be nice to see him again, but this is me not holding my breath (though it is a nice bluish color) . :(

14. PennyCat

PennyCat Keeper's kitty

Alpha's Status

Thanks for the reminder, guys. Must've gotten him mixed up with someone on Batman: TAM or Batman Beyond. =X

15. Craig Marinaro

Craig Marinaro The Feast of 1,000 Beasts

What do you get when you make Willow cry? All together now...

Ha! Nftnat may have gotten the first pointless post on the Board, but I got the first bad pun!

-C
    Official ToonZone Bricklayer.

16. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

A weeping willow

If you're human, a sound butt-whoopin'. And if you're a vampire, your butt gets staked.
    I wouldn't go upsetting the girl we've been seeing in the last couple of eps, bub. When those eyes go black as pools of tar, even strong men shudder. :eek:

And now, couple of useless facts about witches and willows:
    *On Charmed, Shannon Dougherty's character won't be rapidly squinting her eyes when she uses her magic anymore. It was likely inspired by Elizabeth Montgomery's famous nose twitch...but viewers thought it made her look like she was on something. From now on she'll point or click her fingers.
    *Aspirin was originally derived from the bark of the willow tree.

17. Nftnat

Re: A weeping willow

18. PennyCat

PennyCat Keeper's kitty

Re: A weeping willow

Yeah, she became one mean witch, didn't she?

19. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

The new, darker Willow

For those who may have missed an ep or two, Willow took a very dark turn after Glory brain-fried her lover Tara, who she thought was the key. When the harlot goddess realized her mistake, she crushed the girl's hand until it bled (amazingly Tara didn't scream), then reduced her to a near-schizophrenic state, like all her other victims. Willow angrily seized a book of dark magic, which she must have speed-read (it was a thick tome) because she was using the spells in it later the same ep--which explains that new look in her eyes. I'm not sure I quite like this Willow--she used to provide the lighter, happier contrast to Buffy's frequent dark, introspective moods. Now...bum-bum-bum!! :eek: