1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

May's Drawing Board Open - Movies you'll Never See Made (And their movie posters)!!

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by Outlander00, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ack, despite seeing the unfinished version, my browser won't open SK's final! I'm sure it looks great and I'll catch it this weekend!

Bic, professional as usual - some of the characters are unfamilar (who is this Wayne guy?!?) but I like the dark atmosphere and hints of blue! Yummy (although a pity Braddock is so well hidden! :p )

2. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Whoa. That's pretty cool. Like SJJ said, I love the atmosphere. I also like that shadowy figure in the front. :D (Although, to be completely honest, I don't think the font color matches.)

And, I think the reason the file may not be showing up is due to its size. I've made a small version of it, so you can get the idea. Hopefully, if nothing else, you'll be able to see this one. Here's the final product as seen in the forums. Maybe it'll work differently by a link. >shrugs<

>hands Bic a cookie< Nice job!

3. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

ooo beautiful - the type and the background compliment what I previously saw. I love the finish to the swords. Amazing work - I wish you'd colour some of mine... oh, you all ready do... :p

4. Ikwig

Ikwig is wishing. . .

Wheeeee!!! More posters!!!!

Redbird - great idea for a movie, and Spidey, in particular, is really looking great! :)

SJJ - Hahahahahahahahahahaha. . . Sorry, I had to catch my breath. . .laughing too much!!! Seriously, it's a great drawing and a hilarious idea! :D

SilverKnight - . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (This is me being speechless!). . . . . . . . . . Absolutely gorgeous, with a great movie poster feel!

Bic - very creepy promo; love the dark colors and the general feel! :)

5. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

Only eight days left! I still have to come up with something and draw it! (I had an idea but a certain oulanderish mod said it wouldn't work. ;) ) Agggg have to think of something!

6. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Erm, Outlander said that he's closing this on the 25th. So, in reality, you have less than three days, DK. >hands him a cookie and lots of coffee< You'll need it. :D

7. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

Its about time you guys posted your posters! :p

SJJ - Like I said earlier in the week, this is too hillarious! Its simple and "to the point", sort to speak :D

Who would ever thought that Jim gordon would get into the superhero business? :p

SilverKnight - Now that its done... its great! :) I love the overall design and design of the characters... The colors used to bring your eyes center are great :)

Great job all around :)

Bic - What can I say that hasnt been sasid already... Great design for a teaser poster. though I agree the font color seems out of place, that can be easily changed with a little magical program :p

*gives DarkKnight a 3 liter of Jolt* I think you'll need this :p

8. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

On an unrelated note: >hugs Drawing Board and all its members<

I showed my FFVII submission to another fourm, and the consensus was...not encouraging. Now I don't feel all that psyched anymore.

Excuse me for a moment. I need to crawl into a dark hole and die.

9. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

oh, Bic, that's awesome! Demona looks so awesome in the shadows.

aww, hon *hugs SK* Just ignore them. Some gave helpful opinions and stuff, but the rest were just doo doo heads, ignore them. I love your credits, and your coloring is incredible. I personally like your original sketch as well, but I'm not a huge FF fan so I don't know how all the characters are supposed to look, what may look off with how you drew them, etc. But overall it's quite an awesome poster, hands down. Glad you showed that one loser his place.

~Barb

10. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Hey Bic, that rocks! You nailed Desdemona...Batman looks great, too...and...well I don't know the other two so much. But that's an awesome poster. *HIGH FIVE* Dang you for making this competition even tougher!

-Tim

11. wriggle

wriggle Wriggly Worms!

Oh SK dont listen to them! You *know* you're good, and that's what matters. Just because some little idjit wants to be an ass doesn't mean you should make yourself feel bad about your hard work.

That picture is great. :) Us here can tell talent when we see it and Babe...? ;) You got a *buttload* of talent...

...Fancy sharing some of it with the rest of us? :D

Phew. Been a while since I've commented. So here I go!

First off, Delia. Where do you find the time? I mean, seriously! How many killer posters have you *entered??* Wow. My personal favoute would be- wait, maybe I should save that for the voting, eh? ;)

Barb. Lol! Leah kicks some serious butt! And I looked at the original and it's such a mirror! :) I just love the idea behind it, espeically since you chose a character that was your avatar not that long ago...

Ikwig? Cats are cute. Fullstop. And it was cool that you took a different approach then everyone else, using your own feline characters! Some of those poses are just so cute though! I wanna give them hugs!

Tim. *keeps mouth shut on the subject* But I love the way you manage to just have so much in your pictures without the feeling of being over-crowded! Everything just seems to... well, spaced out? You know, like ugh. I cant explain, but you just keep doing it! lol

Bic. Can you do no crappy work? Ever? Seems like everything you touch turns to gold. :p *is v. envious* But Demona was one of my favourite Gargoyles when I watched the series growing up. But back then off course, I didnt fully appreciate the series -what? I was like, eight! But yeah. There are no words, only tears of envy.

SJJ... Just priceless really. Just the idea of a movie where J flashes... Just cracks me up... Or even just a scene where that happens...

Redbird, I remember when you first came here... Yes, I was here, I just wasnt a member. But anyways, you would never have even *tried* some of the poses you're drawing now! *wipes away tear* And look at you! You've got all sorts of poses and pulling them off beautifully! :D -sorry, that was sappy I know... My bad

Patrick, I would *love* for there to be a full on Homestar movie! Of course, it'd be better if it was focused more on Strongbad... But any sort of movie would work well for me :)

Ramso... Now that is v. cool. I love the comments about him... Poor guy. My little sister is red-headed... Just out of nowhere there's this ginger hearied kid! And we were all blonde when we were her age! It's madness...!

...What was my point again?

12. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Thanks, Miss Wriggle! *SLY EYES* But just why are you keeping your mouth shut? Speak yo' mind! :)

-Tim

13. Dee

Dee What?

lol I got lucky this month and something struck me...

...and I wanted a chance of finding SOMETHING anyone can like with all the different things I did....

I got people who love Diablo, mocking Mariah Carey, Animaniacs fans, Chick Flick fans, and then people who love a smart ass critic with a gun pointed on himself--- covered.

lol. Im never on anything... these things just.... happen and my mind oozes alllll over the place.

hehe... after it's all over, I wouldnt mind a breakdown of my tally alone just to see what everyone liked the most. I need to find a... target audience LOL.

14. Ikwig

Ikwig is wishing. . .

Hey, absolutely no crawling into dark holes and dying! (Well, I guess you can crawl into a dark hole, but you have to promise to come back out and keep drawing, 'k?)

So not everyone will like what you made; that's gonna be true whenever you do something creative. And some insecure people are always gonna feel the need to shoot you down because it makes them feel better; but that's their problem, not yours. All that really matters is that you like what you did. :) (And you should like it: personally I went all green-eyed with talent-envy the moment I saw it! :D) *hugs*

15. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Well, in retrospect, I over-reacted a little bit. I was still in the excited, "Lookie what I did!" phase, not realizing that forum is meant for critiquing things. It was just frustrating to spend a month's time on something, and the only answers you get are, "That's wrong." >shrugs< Oh well. At least I know now that it was a flaw in the original design, not the coloring. (Anime and realism don't mix all that well, it seems. :))

If all goes well, and I ever get off my butt, I may just recolor the original sketch, and see how it turns out.

And, to end this on a completely unrelated note, I just noticed that I spelled "forum" wrong in my post. Go hindsight. :D

16. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

It was very harsh. I commend you for trying to do something different with the characters and recommend you don't stop trying to refine that approach. It's original and anything new people balk at. Give them time and don't lose conviction in what you are doing.

Now wheres my bloody cookie! :)

17. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

*looks at calendar*

Oh boy.

18. Dee

Dee What?

Closing on the 25th?

I HAVE TIME FOR ONE MORE!!! (falls out of chair)

19. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe someone should remove her hands until Sunday...? :D Can you really squeeze out one more?! Another MIB?!

20. Dee

Dee What?

lol i dunno....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.