1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

May's Drawing Board Open - Movies you'll Never See Made (And their movie posters)!!

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by Outlander00, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

Welcome to another lecture on how to take over the world. I will be your moderator, Bob Barker…

*looks at the paper and shuffles it with some others*

Sorry, Wrong speech. :D

Welcome to another installment of the acid-induced trip, known as the May Drawing Boarding Open! If you don’t know me, I am Outlander00, the resident weirdo and Workshop Mod who has taken the helm of the event this month (SJJ couldn’t do it because he’s locked in a closet somewhere… I wonder who did that? :D).

Before I give you the skinny on the theme, a few ground rules….

OK, for the benefit of any first timers (or those who forgot), let me give you the info on the general concept.

On the first of every month I'll be starting a new competition with a given theme open to each and every person who wishes to post a picture (or pictures), in any medium from pencil to pastel, from Photoshop to photography proper. You must then post your entries in this thread (which will be stuck at the top of the Drawing Board).

Your vote counts!
    Then, on the 25th of each month, the window for posting your entries closes, and I'll throw the voting open to everybody on Toon Zone, even those who haven't posted a picture, to submit their votes to me (voting for your own picture isn't allowed!). The system will be familiar to those of you who have taken part in the Cafe's Avatar contests: Give your favorite piece three votes, your second favorite two votes, and your third favorite one vote.

And the winner is..!
    Then, on the last day of the month, voting will be closed, and I will declare a winner, based on your votes, as well as two runners up. Winners will get to rub it in to all of the other entrants and gloat to their friends how much of a kick butt artist you are.

New stuff ONLY: OK, we can't prove this, but we can put it down to an honor system and rely on the honesty of the posters not to abuse the system! The Open's are there to inspire you to create new work, not dust off old stuff.

No limit to the number of entries: All we ask if entrants please try to go for QUALITY not QUANTITY, and submit any preliminary sketches (if any posted) with the finished piece as part of the actual entry.

*breathes deeply*

WOW that was long. Now, without further delay… I present to you, seeing as it’s the Summer Blockbuster season, the pressing topic for the month…

Movies you'll Never See Made (And their movie posters)!!

Lets see what kind of creative ideas for movie posters (operative word being movie posters here, boys & girls) we can come up with for properties, ideas, spoofs, satires, franchises, team ups, etc…. stuff we’ll probably never see as a movie! The more wild the better, I always say… but anything goes as long as it follows the theme. Lets see the creativity breathe around here… Creativity is big with me. The only other restriction is that it has to somewhat follow a movie poster proportions (typically thinner than a piece of paper) and the broad guidelines (title, stars, all that junk).

Now, with the ground rules set, let the mayhem BEGIN!! :D

2. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Telling it like it is

Awesome topic! That opens so many floodgates. This'n should be a blast. :)

3. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

>continues to slave away on piccy<

Bwaha...I shall rule all this contest! >looks up< Oh, hi. :) Erm, yeah. >disappears<

Mwah.

:D

4. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

No idea yet - but I will think of something... :D A nice idea.. I look forward to seeing what comes up (having already had a sneak peek and some of the ideas... :p)

5. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

wooo! I've had a great, I'm so modest hehe, idea for this contest since we first started talking about it. Now if only my scanner would work...*kicks scanner*...that's probably not going to help it :p I've already got my pic drawn out, just need to ink it, color it, then post it here....but none of that will be possible unless...*glares at scanner*

~Barb

6. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Can't you scan it at Uni? Ink tonight, scan it tomorrow and then do the rest on your PC afterwards? Or is there an obvious flaw with an otherwise flawless plan... I see no flaws unless Team Rocket have dibs on the PC lab and you forget to take your pokeballs..

7. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

My Uni has loads of computers all over the place, but unlike yours, doesn't have scanners. Mine just likes to be a butthead, and it was working just fine last week.

~Barb

8. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

I can't wait to get to work on my pic for this contest. I really hope it turns out as good as I see it with my mind's eye. :) Otherwise, I shall cry.

-Tim

9. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Funny that. Imagined it would have them everywhere.. attached to computers, lockers, pencils.. okay not as far as that, but I imagined it would have been staple diet of all US universities. If we have them I'd have staked money you'd have them.. the other flaw in my flawless plan was that if they did, you'd have done it, so there are more chinks in my plan's armour than originally expected...

Still blank for an idea..

10. Outlander00

Could always do something based on you and Barbs avi theme :p

*dodges everything thrown at him* Mmmmmaybe not! :p

11. Dee

Dee What?

man.... i got a final today.... otherwise I'd be making it RIGHT NOW lol

12. TriSaber

TriSaber Member

Hmmm ... Aha! I have it!!

A Toho/Takara production ... Godzilla vs. Trypticon

Coming to a theatre near you ... NOT!!

13. Outlander00

LOL... Now THAT would be hilarious! :D

14. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

>blinks< I don't get it...but is sounds cool. :)

15. Dee

Dee What?

hehe ALMOST DONE MINE!

muwahahaha!

16. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

*shakes fist* dang you Delia! *kicks scanner*...mm, that's probably not helping it any...

~Barb

17. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Such cool ideas.. and I have no idea where to start.. I think this is certainly the most creative one yet.. so many possibilities.. I think the voting for this will be very tight as the idea will really be as important as the drawing.. going to be a fine month!

18. Dee

Dee What?

lol... here it is....

For those familiar with Blizzard's Diablo games and the concept of making a movie of a game (cough dungeons and dragons cough)...I give you... Summer 2005's most BIZARRE movie... Diablo: Men In Black Division Six--

One HELL of a crossover...MUWAHAHAHAHA!!!

The ultimate evil of our Earthly plane has escaped to another via alien technology, and the new Prime Evil Alpha has arisen to set plans of destruction of the MIB and the base realm Earth into motion. It's time for the Men In Black to take care of business... and with the help of Dr. Zeeltor, the agents aren't your ordinary heroes. They are the ultimate Division Six.... DIABLO'S DIVISION SIX and now 'play time' is over for Alpha and his minions... Can the MIB save the world they never knew existed? Nothing Was... What It Seemed.

[​IMG]

*sigh* if I don't even get a mention with this baby, I give up!

If it's too big, I can also make a smaller one... but even the text at the bottom is in tune!!

19. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

lmao, that majorly rules! And has got to be the most mother of all random crossoevers ever! Lovely job on the coloring, not to mention the creativity involved. I'm still working out the kinks in my sketch alone, though I already know what the title and the poster will say...course with me, coloring it could take till the end of the month,lol. Awesome pic to start us off with Delia!

~Barb

20. Dee

Dee What?

I had a Comp Imaging critique today and I had started drawing Kay, Jay and Elle in the first row before I ran like a madman to class. I got back, and finished penciling. If I had bigger paper, the detail in the faces would have been less rounded. lol

I fought my scanner for 4 hours (really... I did...) and colored, finishing past midnight. It's not exactly as I planned but eh, it's decent for a day's scattered work hehe.

I am actually most proud of the text at the bottom. I had a good font and I got it to look real. All the voice names are correct, and I named Jane (was an executive producer for MIB the Series) director lol. She was very nice and she and her husband e-mailed me a lot last year and sent me a LOAD of artwork to drool over. She's cool so I named her director.

hehe I made up "Impossibility Studios"

The very funny thing behind the idea for the crossover was that last september, I began writing a parody/tribute.

One of the original MIB comics by Lowell Cunningham centered around some kids unleashing a demon from an RPG. I wanted to do a fiction where some kids open up a portal to the demon world of an RPG (I called it Demons and Dungeons) and their friend gets sucked in and the MIB have to go in as heroes and save him, and stop the alien-demon realm from spilling onto the Earthly Plane.

...sadly, I lost the fiction when my PC was upgraded and Ive not mustered the strength to start it again.

...Same with Playing Diablo. So many losers who hack and cheat make it a boring game so I've not played in a bit. I wish I could... but the whole thing is screwed up now.

hehe randomocity is my middle name... actually it's J. but I hope I can place with this one this month.

...Im glad to kick off the contest with something that sucked all the life out of me!

...anyone got any Mana to spare??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.