1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

May someone explain how time zones work in TV?

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by SuperFan2024, Jul 28, 2016.

1. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Well, uh I just wanted to know other than the east coast and pacific coast in America, when do people watch their shows compared to the east coast? For example people in California would watch their shows 3 hours after they premiere in the east coast from comparison.

Don't judge me. I'm just a curious boy :lol:.

2. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I know people in the Central Time zone watch their shows at the same time as the east coast, but at an earlier hour. That's why in commercials you hear them say something like "tonight at 8/7 central".

3. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

People here in Newfoundland, Canada watch their shows 1.5 hours later then the Eastern Time Zone. Newfoundland Time is a half hour later then Atlantic Time, 1.5 hours later then Eastern Time, 2.5 hours later then Central Time, 3.5 Hours later then Mountain Time, and 4.5 hours later then Pacific Time. When something comes on here at say 5:30 (It is on 4 PM in the Eastern Time) you can expect the show to air 3 hours later at 8:30 (4 PM Pacific Time) on a Pacific Channel.

#3 jfoley85, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  4. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

We in Portugal have the same timezone as London in the mainland and in the Madeira islands, but when we go to the Azores, it's -1. Despite all of this, the TV channels don't say something along the lines of "8/7A" here.

5. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

Interesting ! Newfoundland, Canada is also the most Eastern Province in Canada. We have our own Timezone even (Newfoundland Time) it is 3.5 hours earlier then the time in London, England.

6. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

You learn to get used to it actually....You just have to add on the extra time. People in the Atlantic Time Zone do this already too by justing adding +1 hour (More then ET). Us + 1.5. Wherever you live you will get used to Time Zones. It's apart of what area of the World you are in.

#6 jfoley85, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  7. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

To me I get most of the Timezones but when it comes to the Alaskan and Hawaii ones those are the confusing ones.

8. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

Alaska is -1 hour from Pacific Time this time of the year. Hawaii is -3 hours from Pacific Time this Time of the Year.

• Useful Useful x 1