1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's The Avengers" Pre-Release Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Aug 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryangst

Bryangst JERK

Is anybody planning on attending one of the Marvel Movie Marathons next Thursday?

2. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

My butt could not handle that :p.

3. Bryangst

Bryangst JERK

Yes, I picture myself shifting around in my chair quite often by the time Thor starts. It's ok though!

I am slightly upset Incredible Hulk won't be involved in the marathon, as I actually enjoyed the film.

4. Batboy

Batboy Member

I attended the premiere of "The Avengers" last Friday night (27th) and I really enjoyed this movie!!
    I am not going to buy Thor, Iron Man or any other Marvel film but this one I sure am going to pick up!!
    Next weekend I'll probably go see it again with my nephew :D

The premiere was in Sweden, by the way.....

5. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I'm all set.

6. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

The movie landed here in the UK on Thursday and has been breaking attendance records according to a few reports. I saw it Thursday night and our theatre was packed - we even had a few people dressed up as characters from the film.

As for the movie itself? Worthy of every bit of praise it's received - the film is awesome. I will definately be seeing it again before the Blu Ray is released.

And of course, there is an after the credits scene. There's only one and it comes on after the cast credits so there's no need to stay until the very end unless you wish to, as you won't miss anything.

7. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

It's upsetting, but not surprising. Seeing that Norton is gone, one could make an argument that movie isn't canon anymore.

8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not really... the events of the movie did happen. There were scenes of the Hulk's fight at the University during Iron Man 2, and a short on the Thor DVD has Agent Coulson talk about the Abomination and reveal why Tony was talking to Ross in the after credits scene. So, yeah, the Incredible Hulk is canon :)

9. Bryangst

Bryangst JERK

Yeah I'm not really sure how recasting the character makes the movie not canon. Considering the events did happen and were acknowledged in at least one other film.

The fact that Bruce was recast was the number one reason between my brother and I for Incredible Hulk not being part of the marathon though!

10. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Well the embargo is over. So I'll just go ahead and leave my official review of the movie here.

If you really want to know:

11. FireWarrior

FireWarrior The Ultimate Warrior

Where does it say The Incredible Hulk is not involved in the marathon? I am assuming that you are talking about the AMC Marvel Movie Marathon? If that is the case then the Incredible Hulk is involved in the marathon. I see absolutely no reason why they would not include it. It is official canon in the MCU.

UPDATE: I just checked other Cinema's Movie Marathons and quite a few still have the Incredible Hulk in them. Were you talking about Regal's marathon?

12. Bryangst

Bryangst JERK

Yeah I was talking about the Regal marathon. The ad for it didn't mention anything about, but it may have changed.

13. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

The Incredible Hulk is part of the MCU, that has been confirmed.

It looks like Marvel's The Avengers is now at 94% on Rotten Tomatoes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/marvels_the_avengers/

Looking forward to the midnight screenings tonight which are confirmed to have a second after-credits scene outside of the one already known!

14. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

The "official" music video in the form of Soundgarden's "Live to Rise" recently debuted. It goes into the boring vein of movie soundtrack videos, just splicing scenes from the movies between shots of the group playing (with some alien portal action as well).

[video=youtube_share;D3ZNtOcY_1A]http://youtu.be/D3ZNtOcY_1A[/video]

The song isn't too bad, but it felt a bit weak for Soundgarden. Chris Cornell's last featured movie soundtrack song, "You Know My Name" from Casio Royale still stands out as much better for me.

But yeah, Avengers comes out tonight at midnight in the US finally. I'm hoping to see it this weekend (preferably not in 3D or IMAX or any other ridiculous gimmick format it may be available in).

15. Philmister978

Philmister978 Alvight, you vin

This film is quite possibly the top film I want to see this year. With Prometheus in a close second.

After hearing all the praise this movie's receiving and watching a bit of footage (Commercials) I can tell you that the nerd in me is pumped up.

16. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Avengers Assemble!

I'll have the talkback posted up right after midnight tonight!

17. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

I just read every Avengers comic I own in anticipation. I know I've said TDKR will probably be the movie of the summer, but this one will be too. I mean I've been waiting all 18 of my years to see The Avengers on the big screen!:anime:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.