1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Spider-Man "Stark Expo" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Sep 16, 2017.

?

"Marvel's Spider-Man" - Rate and discuss this episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

This was a nice episode, some nice touches here and there, nothing that made me think the show will grow on me quicker than USM did.

2. DoubleDango

DoubleDango New Member

After discussing it with my older brother a while back, I find Max Modell's insistence that the symbiote could possibly be an element of the periodic table baffling. I concur with others here that the idea of showing a more negative side to the otherwise benevolent Max is a good idea in theory, but the implications behind his stubbornness here contradict with his scientific genius. From what I remember, he's had the symbiote in his possession for at least a couple months. He's had time to examine it and research it, but he couldn't tell the difference between a living organism and something that could be an element on the periodic table? Even casual observation can tell you something about the "element" seems unusual, and this guy is a scientist whose had this thing in his high-tech lab for a very long time. But he came to the conclusion it was an element? That's just way too hard for me to believe. This brought to my attention the reason most continuities have Spider-Man find the symbiote first before anyone else does. If someone who knows science finds it first, they'd be able to realistically dissuade him from using it. In Spider Man 3, for instance, Doctor Connors is able to get a broad grasp of what the symbiote is, and he had it in his possession for a far shorter amount of time. I simply can't suspend that much disbelief.

• Like Like x 2