Marvel's Spider-Man "Osborn Academy" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Aug 26, 2017.

?

"Marvel's Spider-Man" - Rate and discuss this episode!

1. *****

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

lol I never really thought about how many chases there are in that game.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I've never been a big fan of chases in Spider-Man games :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr.O

Mr.O Active Member

I have SM1, SM2, and Ultimate SM, on emulator. Currently stuck on that Black Cat chase scene :(

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I enjoyed Black Cat a lot in Spider-Man 2, when she's my partner. I loved their pairing up ever since I first discovered her on a trading card. It's too bad that it will probably never be a significant partnership in animation but it's at least nice that it's a possibility. Spidey/Torch is pretty much off the shelf and I wanted that since I was maybe 4 or 5.

I hate the chases (it's so much easier on TV) but there's nothing more satisfying than defeating the villain after all that trouble was caused.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, we'll be seeing Cat make her debut in this weekend's episode, so hopefully it'll do her and her relationship with Spidey justice ;).

I think the closest thing we'll get to Peter with a Superhero pal is Miles. Johnny's under an embargo and Daredevil is unlikely appear, and outside The Avengers I don't see the writers throwing in a random hero for Peter to butt heads with and begrudgingly befriend like he did the Torch :sad:.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mr.O

Mr.O Active Member

I do miss the days when Felicia didn't ant Spider man dead for ambiguous reasons. These chase scenes are a pain with a keyboard though.

Speaking of embargoes, ar the X-men clear since Fox and Marvel apparently worked together on Gifted? Could we see a Spider-man-Wolverine crossover on this show, or something?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

You and me both :sweat:.

Hopefully this show's Felicia is a little less Queenpin and a little more fun ;).

I would not expect any Wolverine guest-spots anytime soon.

The deal with Marvel seems to just extend to Fox getting to make their own TV shows and cartoons, and that's about it :ack:.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good episode. I liked the introductions to both Gwen Stacy and Norman Osborn, though I was expecting some more build-up to Jackal's first appearance. Shocker and Clash were decent additions and did get the story to move along nicely but their rivalry felt a little too forced and they kind of rushed through their fight scene only to bring in Jackal again.

Turning both Shokcer & Clash into teenagers didn't bother me as much as Otto Octavius being only 17 years old. And I liked the cameos from John Jameson (wonder how long until we see his dad) and Flash Thomson. I agree his design looks very similar to Race Bannon from Jonny Quest but I was also thinking about the version of Happy Hogan from Iron Man: Armored Adventures.

There were a couple of moments where things got a little too silly, but overall I liked the episode. It's pretty cool how they're developing some sub-plots like the new school, Harry's experiments or Jackal's connection to Gwen. And it should be pretty obvious Norman most likely has some hidden plans himself. :p I am looking forward to more from this show.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

When Jackal says "It looks like everyone is trying to impress Norman Osborn", it did make me wonder what their possible connection could be.

Did the Jackal's siphoning cause the initial fight between Clayton and Herman? Their surprise made it feel as though it was instigated beyond Norman practically throwing a broken broomstick in the room with them, Dark Knight style.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if Osborn might be responsible for his transformations into the Jackal?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

My guess is either Norman is responsible for Raymond transforming into Jackal, or Raymond did that himself in order to get revenge on Norman for whatever he did to him in the past.

The Stark mention in this episode is probably just another hint that a Stark Expo will take place soon. It's nice they're setting up that as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. BlackoutCreature

BlackoutCreature Well-Known Member

So I finally got a chance to watch this episode (I am so behind in my DVR), and I guess I'm gonna be the odd man out because I was not impressed with this at all. Peter was approaching USM season one levels of obnoxiousness, the conflict between Herman and Clayton felt forced and stupid, Norman egging them on just felt like him being a jerk just for the sake of being a jerk, I don't know completely why but I just didn't find Gwen Stacy all that likeable, and the wind fan thing at the end seemed like a real stretch of my suspension of disbelief. Spidey has a degree of super-strength, but not super-speed. I can't imagine how he could move fast enough to get something like that to work.

But I did learn that "jackal" is spelled with a second "a" and not a "y". I never knew this before.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Storygamer88

Storygamer88 New Member

This was a big pet peeve of mine - it felt really unnatural how they started conflicting each other so quickly and readily, and I really wish it were more subtly done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. General Mike

General Mike Member

I finally got around to watching this one. It was good, i like the potential of a Horizon High vs Osborn Academy big brawl, but I'm not a big fan of making all the villains high school students. I still haven't watched ep 4 or 5, so I'll have to see what they do there.

• Like Like x 2