1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Spider-Man "Kraven's Amazing Hunt" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Sep 30, 2017.

?

"Marvel's Spider-Man" - Rate and discuss this episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Catch a new episode of Marvel's Spider-Man today at 9:00AM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Spider-Man "Kraven's Amazing Hunt"
    Episode Debut - September 30th, 2017

Kraven the Hunter does a live broadcast of his hunt for Spider-Man.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Miles is his partner already?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Jeez, electro blasts AND invisibility? A bit much, don't you think? What's Spider-Gwen going to end up having.
    Also the increased level of banter and quips was a bit annoying. Almost Ultimate Spider-Man levels.
    Kind of a weak episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Nick Evans

Nick Evans Member

Well electro blasts and invisibility are the powers he has in the comics. Don't know why they gave him extra powers but they did. Also if they go by the comics they will give Allya, hope I spelled that right, an exoskeleton.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Pier777

Pier777 New Member

I'm not at all familiar with comics that came out.... oh... in the last couple of decades, lol. However, please educate me on the powers that Miles Morales has? Of course, electricity and invisibility (or close to it, like what the Predator has?) is a thing, but is there any negatives to the invisibility power? For instance, in this episode, Miles could turn invisible and actually fight and do everything he could do while visible. This is an amazingly power. Does it take a lot of energy to keep it up (and hence only work in short bursts, and have a long refractory period)? I hope so, because if not, I see no reason why he wouldn't be invisible ALL the time when in a fighting situation.

And on a totally different tangent, the Kraven storyline is stupid. For one thing, they wouldn't have a show shown in America about someone killing large prey items. They certainly wouldn't OK a show in NYC going for literal MURDER. The police would go after him the moment this went on the air live, even if Osborne bankrolled it. And don't get me started on the fact that he might actually just STUFF two human beings if he didn't have that side-deal with Norman.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Did anyone else think the animation really took a dive in this episode? Not that past episodes have been high-class animation or anything, but the quality seemed to be really off here :sad:.

I'm still having trouble buying this Peter/Miles dynamic. I mean, a teenage Spider-Man having a teenage sidekick seems ridiculous enough, but a Spider-Man with only 3-months experience mentoring another Spider-Man even more so. Heck, Peter even brought up how silly it seems :sweat:.

So Miles was able to build his own web-shooters once Peter showed them to him. I guess it makes sense that Miles would be able to do it since he's super-smart too, but with all the other Spiders coming in do they have to takeaway from Peter the one thing he made himself :(?

Did Scorpion really like to gloat about his evil plans? He seemed all business in his last appearance. Is Spidey sure he's not talking about Vulture o_O?

I thought the show's take on Kraven was pretty fun. He's still the deadly and determined hunter he always is, only now there's the reality TV show element that adds a bit more humor into things ;).

And now that he feels Spider-Man's dishonored him, I have a feeling he'll be hunting Spidey again very soon :evil:.

I totally called Troy Baker as Kraven. I thought he delivered a pretty strong performance as Kraven, and his Russian accent sounded more convincing and a little less grating compared to Diedrich Bader's in USM (although I did also enjoy him in the role). I think he's a much better Kraven then he is Hawkeye :D.

I'm curious about all those mechanical stuff Kraven had attached to his body. Are we to assume that was what was boosting his natural abilities :dexter:?

It's interesting to think that Gwen and Anya know Miles is the other Spider-person but still don't know Peter is Spider-Man. I'm wondering if they're going to start suspecting things or if Miles' loose lips might reveal the truth :ack:?

Spidey going into the sewers for a non-Lizard reason was a bit of a surprise.

They really need to figure out this whole thing with Miles' codename. It would be weird to call him Spider-Man since he's attached to the hip with Peter, Kid-Arachnid is demeaning, and Peter yelling out his real name in the middle of battle just seems extremely impractical. But I guess this is the kind of issue that comes up when you try and turn the kid who succeeded Peter in the comics into his sidekick here :shrug:.

I was wondering if they were going to introduce Miles' camouflage powers on-top of his Venom Blasts. Though, at the same time, it did make him seem kind of overpowered here as he basically owned Vulture with his camo and used his Venom Blast as an all-purpose opener :rolleyes:.

Makes me wonder if they'll give the other Spiders unique special abilities...

Did Peter really need to reveal his identity to Miles there? It seemed like the venom was starting to wear off even before Peter revealed he was Spider-Man. There wasn't even any build-up to it or anything, Peter just quickly and casually revealed his identity. You'd think this would be a bigger deal since this is the first time Peter's revealed his identity on the show :eek:.

If Peter had any doubt Norman Osborn is a bad dude, having Osborn kidnap and try to dissect him should settle that pretty quick :mad:.

Uh...you'd think Kraven causing tons of property damage and endangering an innocent woman would be enough for Spider-Man to want to bring him in. But I guess not :confused:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

The bit in the zoo reminded me of Kraven's debut episode in the 90s animated series.
    This episode only? Nay there sir, the animation is rough as it has always been with this show.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

I like that they took the idea the ultimate comic had for Kraven but made him an actual threat rather then a joke character. The reality show angle worked I guess. Like others I'm not fond of multiple spider heroes showing up this early. Season two sure but already?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Matt Parker

Matt Parker New Member

My enthusiasm for the series has really been negatively impacted by Miles' appearance. I don't hate him, but Peter having a sidekick kinda kills the fun for me, for whatever reason. However, several upcoming episodes seem to only mention Peter, so is it possible that Miles gets put on a bus, so to speak, in the near future?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I have a feeling, with this whole "Team Spidey," we're going to see everyone but Peter fade in-and-out depending on the episode...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This was pretty good. I kind of liked this take on Kraven. I know this reality-show approach is from the comics but it wasn't used in cartoons before, so that fact alone makes it stand out some more. Miles mentioned something about how reality shows aren't exactly real, so it was nice to see Kraven did indeed have some skills as usual. His design wasn't the greatest but I think it worked. He was a pretty entertaining villain.

The partnership between Peter and Miles is handled pretty well I guess. Just that It still feels a little early for Spidey to have a sidekick. It''s cool they kept Miles' powers from the comics, though I admit it makes him a little too over-powered compared to Spidey and it will probably take him a while to discover and control what he's capable of. And it's going to be interesting seeing how long it will take until the other potential future spider-themed heroes will learn Peter's secret identity as well.

Norman being behind everything was to be expected. His plan was decent I guess but the episode felt kind of rushed towards the end. But on the other hand, I also appreciate they didn't spend the entire episode with Kraven's reality show, as fun as this version of Kraven was, a full-half hour of him would have become annoying. I don't know how it was Miles' favorite show :p

The credits for this episode reveal Miles' codename as "Invisible Miles Morales" - apparently, they put a lot of thought into this :p
    https://i.imgur.com/H6yiRkA.png

It's possible, but then again the synopsis for this episode didn't mention Miles either, and he played a pretty big role here.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

With Miles in this super powered sidekick role already, the focus of these past two episodes has felt less like the beginning of Peter's superhero journey and more like he's already grooming an heir to the mantle. I like Miles but I'm not interested in this dynamic right now.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It really doesn't feel like the shows properly built-up or earned Peter in a mentor/protege dynamic at this stage in his career, or having a sidekick like this. Especially one that's practically his own age.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Just with his interactions with Miles, it feels like he's all of a sudden a seasoned vet when we know he was tripping over his own webbing a week ago. It's taken me out of the episodes a bit.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Marvel's Spider-Man "Kraven's Amazing Hunt"

I absolutely ADORE Kraven's design. Totally toyetic eyesore. Best animated Kraven design so far. I think the reality show star thing is a good gimmick. Is Kraven truly any less unethical than Steve Irwin, who taunted animals on a weekly basis? I would argue, only by a matter of degree.

I wouldn't have let Kraven go at the end. True, nobody was killed this time, but he DID just try to kill, kidnap, and hurt Peter and Miles. Kraven is not harmless enough to be let go at the end.

I'm going to call Vulture Funky Chicken from now on.

Why do villains always call each other "Fools"? That is literally an insult I have never heard outside of superhero cartoons or rap videos.

Pretty good week. Kraven is boss. ****1/2.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Eh, an average episode. Like many people, the Peter/Miles relationship just hasn't clicked yet, and it's threatened to replace the more personal Peter moments that made the show enjoyable. Also, yeah, Kraven's reality show would never be a real thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I still don't get why they let Kraven go. He caused tons of property damage, tried to kill them, and held a woman hostage...he pretty much crossed a lot of lines there :confused:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Y'all in here talking about how Kraven's reality show wouldn't be a real thing while ignoring the 14 year old kid in a Spider costume swinging around with webs and throwing cars.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And partnered with another teenage Spider-Man :p.

20. Alex20

Alex20 Member

I hated this episode. This was the worst one I've seen so far (though I did miss the first few episodes.)

The two things that really annoyed me about it were Miles getting invisibility powers that somehow allow him to turn his suit invisible too, and how it was stated that the fear venom was so strong he would have to go to the hospital or risk death but by the end of the episode he's fine and it's not mentioned at all.

The writing really took a nose dive in this episode which is a shame after the string of good episodes we got before it.