1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Spider-Man "Halloween Moon" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Oct 7, 2017.

?

"Marvel's Spider-Man" - Rate and discuss this episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Catch a new episode of Marvel's Spider-Man today at 11:00AM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Spider-Man "Halloween Moon"
    Episode Debut - October 7th, 2017

On Halloween night, Spider-Man must team up with the incredible Hulk to stop Man-Wolf, a super-strong gamma-powered werewolf, from infecting the rest of Manhattan.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

We've now seen more of Banner in this one episode than his most recent cartoon series.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I'm so happy the writers at Marvel's TV shows are starting to realize Banner's value as a character, and that the Hulk is kind of flat and one-dimensional without him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. DoubleDango

DoubleDango New Member

I'm not gonna lie, it's weird to see Harry unironically venting to Spider-Man, considering their clumsy but persistent attempts to set up the former hating the latter. Other than snapping at him for crawling on the wall instead of walking on the ground (seriously, why is he doing that? He has less mobility and options for movement while he's on the wall), he barely seems to harbor any resentment. I guess the fact that he saved Harry's life earlier is supposed to have made him soften up, but, Spider Man's saved his life on numerous occasions, and Harry's opinion hadn't changed, so I have no idea why he's supposed to have softened up to the point he'll vent to him about personal stuff.

Also, since when did one of Peter's Horizon High/future Spider teammates decide to unironically enjoy a recreational event that wasn't science-related? I don't think that trip to the festival in the Sandman episode would have convinced them frivolous free time was something worth wasting time on. And since she's there, where are Miles and Anya? I don't think they even gave a handwave for why they were absent, yet Gwen was there?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this was a pretty fun team-up between Spidey and The Hulk. Peter geeking out and annoying both Bruce and Hulk was pretty funny, and I actually think the show's take on Bruce, Hulk, and their dynamic was pretty strong, especially compared to their appearances in other shows :D.

I was a little unsure about casting Kevin Shinick as Bruce Banner, since it seemed kind of odd to have one of the show's producers cast as such a major Marvel character, but he actually did a surprisingly good job here. I think he definitely got down Banner's intellectual and stressed sides quite well, and felt a lot better fit for the character then Jesse Burch :).

Although it's kind of funny to think that they've recasted Bruce Banner across the cartoons as much as they have Rocket Racoon :p.

I see Miles was conspicuously absent in this episode...somehow I think that's going to be a consistent thing with the other Spiders once they all appear :shrug:.

I was wondering if we would ever see Gwen and Harry interact with each other in a meaningful way, so it was nice to get a little bit of that here even if it probably won't go anywhere :sweat:.

Gwen in that Red Riding Hood costume and with her hair down looked pretty cute :anime:.

Please tell me that kid who warned everyone about Man-Wolf wasn't a de-aged Curt Connors :eek:.

It was cool to see the classic John Jameson Man-Wolf used here, but with an added Gamma Radiation background, even if it seems like a jump to have John go from a cameo to the main antagonist of an episode when we barely even know him. But I guess this episode was more about Spidey, Hulk, and the gang fighting werewolves rather then John being Man-Wolf :ack:.

Did Josh Keaton change his voice for John? In his last appearance he sounded a lot more confident and self-assured, like comic John Jameson, then he does here. I guess they didn't want him using a voice that sounded too much like his Spider-Man voice :confused:.

It's so weird that we had an episode featuring John Jameson transforming into Man-Wolf and his dad is nowhere to be seen. It's even weirder to think we're almost halfway through this season and J. Jonah Jameson still hasn't shown up yet :eek:.

I see Laura Bailey's Gwen Stacy has inherited Black Widow's tendency to be able to successfully kick things she should not physically be able to kick :harley:.

It was nice to see Harry, for once, not constantly calling Spider-Man a menace or giving him a hard time for vague reasons. Maybe we're actually seeing some positive developments in their relationship :proud:?

I feel like this show is sending the message that if you get into SCIENCE, you can build makeshift weapons out of near anything, MacGyver style :rolleyes2:.

The motivation behind the Man-Wolf crystal sounded a heck of a lot like the motivation usually used for Connors developing the Lizard formula. Makes me wonder if they might change things up with the Lizard once he finally shows up...

So...I guess Norman is planning to build a Man-Wolf army to stave off the impending Spider-Army he thinks Warren is building o_O?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

Norman can't have too many armies, he already has a Vulture army.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think it depends.

Like, in Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Bruce didn't appear that much but his dynamic with Hulk and how much of an impact he has on the big green guy was acknowledged and emphasized from the very beginning.

It also helped that Hulk on EMH was a little more 3-dimensional then his subsequent cartoon depictions.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

I love Earth's Mightiest Heroes Hulk. My favorite interpretation of the character ever. He also seemed to somewhat inform all later animated Hulks. But they were never as good.

Marvel's Spider-Man "Halloween Moon"

I would have liked the idea of introducing John Jameson before Jonah had Spidey failed him at the end. How awesome would it be to give Jonah legit reasons to hate Spidey?

I love that Spider-Man for some strange reason, tries to impress the Hulk at the beginning and refers to him as "Sir". That's ludicrous (Hulk should be NO-ONE'S role model) but Peter is still young enough and new at this that it makes sense.

You wanna really geek him out? Let him meet Banner. One of the most fun things about seeing new and different interpretations of the Hulk is to see how they treat Banner. Like the Hulk on Avengers EMH, Avengers Assemble and Hulk ATAOSMASH, this Hulk is reasonably intelligent and can speak in complete sentences. Unlike those Hulks, he seems to retain little from Banner and vice-versa. It's interesting that Hulk sees Spider-Man as a kid to protect rather than a potential ally. Particularly interesting that Hulk is insightful enough to guess Spidey is a kid in that full body costume.

Is this the first project where Gwen Stacy and Hulk have met? I liked her chiding Hulk for not using Banner's brain. But Hulk still either cannot or will not do it. Banner's lame.

Speaking of which, Banner without a shirt makes me uncomfortable too. Heck, so does Hulk without a shirt.

Pretty good version of Hulk, if not of Man-Wolf. ***1/2.

• Like Like x 2
  9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good episode. Similar to how "Stark Expo" played out, the guest-star was used well enough and it still felt like Spidey was the star of the show. It was cool seeing more Bruce Banner as well, something the current shows are trying to slowly bring back after a pretty long absence. I liked how they handled both of his personalities here.

Miles' absence was noticeable, but apart from the airing out of order explanation, I imagine they might try and avoid adding any other heroes in episodes with guest-stars like this. But we'll see if they keep this up in future episodes, since I'm pretty sure Hulk won't be the last Avenger to appear on the show.

Man-Wolf was a pretty interesting choice for a villain. It fit with the Halloween theme of the episode and I liked they kept him as John Jameson (though I wish his father would appear already in an episode). His origin was similarly intriguing, especially Norman Osborn's involvement in it. All in all, pretty good stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1