1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ah, the conclusion to the original Scorpion clip :D.

2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

From everything I've seen, the outdoor scenes with Scorpion are still the worst they've put out. It would be nice if they were just unfinished like I've seen some people online wish, though I'd expect not.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It might just be me, but this scene with Spidey fighting Scorpion in the train looks a lot better then the original clip.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm mixed on the animation. The train clip looked genuinely nice, but some of the other clips less so. I suppose, at worst, maybe the animation will just be really inconsistent.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I feel like the animation tends to improve during action sequences or when Spidey is in motion, while everything else is generally inconsistent :sweat:.

Which is consistent with the animation in other Marvel cartoons :rolleyes2:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ObserveCreative11

ObserveCreative11 New Member

Good evening, dear users of Toonzone. Long-time lurker and an avid admirer of the way Marvel Animation website operates. My name is Yan and I am a big fan of Peter Parker (my first familiarization was through John Semper's excellent 90's series). Since we are celebrating Spider-Man's 55th anniversary today, I decided to create my very first Youtube video (and that was quite scary actually, to go out there and try to make it all work... it was a pure improv, this whole session), where I share my thoughts on not only Marvel's Spider-Man, but on the state of Spider-Man in general (various mediums, different portrayals, different comic book writers and etc). I put a lot of effort into this one, because I genuinely love Spider-Man and his mythology:

Attached Files:

• 3)2.jpg
      3)2.jpg
      File size:
      127.3 KB
      Views:
  7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, this makes more sense, being on a Saturday and not long after the premiere ;).

9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

TV Guide has a new clip and some behind the scenes stuff featuring Uncle Ben's voice actor, Patton Oswalt:

• Like Like x 3
  10. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

If that's not heartwarming, I don't know what is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

CBR interview with Cort Lane and Marsha Griffin.

They talk about how the development of the series, how they break down the stories, Doc Ock's arc, the contrast between Peter and Miles, and tease Venom's identity.

They also confirm a second season.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

Saw this a reddit. Wonder who the guy with the afro is. Maybe Miguel got a radical redesign? :p[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

That was a snapshot from the greek promo Peter Parker posted a while back.

It's funny how quickly things turn around. A couple of months ago, I felt as though Marvel were really dragging their feet with the promotion of the show but it's felt like a big information dump since SDCC at least.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #173 Rick Jones, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think that's Judge from Miles' supporting cast...o_O?

And what the heck is up with Gwen's hair? Are they trying to go for a punk rock look :confused:?

15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I'm guessing Stark Expo is our first introduction to the larger Marvel Universe. Ultimate Spider-Man's first guest hero was Iron Man, so I was hoping this show would avoid going there first as well. That being said, it could be just Tony Stark so we'll see.

Ultimate Spider-Man is a very interesting title choice. Perhaps it's a throwback to the actual Ultimate Spider-Man comics from the 2000s which I wish the animated series adapted more of. I suppose it's more likely the introduction of Miles Morales as a spider hero. It's still weird to see an early Spider-Man already dealing with Miles as a hero as well. I wonder what Miles' superhero name will be in this show.

Kraven's Amazing Hunt sounds like the name of a TV show Kraven stars in a la the USM comics from the early 2000s. I believe they already stated that's the idea. I just hope this Kraven is more competent than that version of the character.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

Seems a tad early for Miles to hero up but then again they last couple of interviews have focused more on him than Anya and Gwen so it wouldn't surprise me. Wonder if they'll include Prowler

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 3
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

"Sandman" is obviously going to feature the debut of Sandman and his daughter ;).

"Stark Expo" looks like it's going to be an Iron Man team-up episode. I can't say I'm crazy about seeing Spider-Man and Iron Man together again, but at least we'll be going into this with Peter using his own tech rather then Tony Stark hand-me-downs :proud:.

"Symbiotic Relationship" is the Symbiote episode, though I wonder how much of it is going to be focused on Spidey tangling with Black Cat or dealing with the Symbiote attaching itself to him :ack:?

"Ultimate Spider-Man" is definitely an interesting title in light of all the different meanings that title has had over the course of the franchise, though I wouldn't be surprised if here it's being used to describe Spidey riding high on the effects of the Symbiote :eek:.

"Kraven's Amazing Hunt" is the Kraven episode, so I'm curious to see how they handle him, though the title also reminds me of "Amazing Friends" :anime:.
    So I guess this confirms that characters from the other MAU cartoons will be heavily redesigned for their appearances here :sweat:.

I wonder if they'll bring back their VA's from Assemble or recast them for their appearances here? I wouldn't mind getting a new Iron Man VA :rolleyes2:.

Iron Man looks cool. I think I might actually prefer this to his base MAU design :cool:.

Not too crazy about Absorbing Man's design :shrug:.

Ghost looks pretty cool as well, though he also looks a little more like Taskmaster. But the phasing is definitely more of a Ghost thing :evil:.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Is it me or is this show using the same graphics/style/engine as the Big Hero 6 tv series?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1