1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 15, 2017.

1. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

And yelling "Whoa!" rapid-fire like the Crash Bandicoot meme.

Inb4 Peter is killed off before the end of the season and Miles takes over too, btw. :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The CG for the Spider-Slayer doesn't look half-bad...it actually looks a little better then Spider-Man does :p.

Poor Miles getting thrown like a ragdoll by Spidey :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess Spider-Sense can now slow down time...somehow :sweat:.
    Hard to tell who the "famous" actress voicing Sandgirl is, but she seems like a dangerous sand-lady :eek:.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

Another clip that I don't believe was posted

• Like Like x 3
  6. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

That's a nice truck Vulture smashed into. I wonder if the owner will appreciate Spider-Man's heroism.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

It's probably owned by a really sweet, and tender, loving man, I wonder if Peter will get a job working with this beautiful angel

• Like Like x 3
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Marvel uploaded a featurette about how the show is produced:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

That thumbnail promises Black Cat in the video

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There's an entire clip with Spidey and Black Cat starting around the 6:08 minutes mark - but while the animation is real, the dialogue is basically a gag-dub made by the hosts.

Interesting way to promote the show...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I just watched it. Black Cat's look seems very tactical. She kind of reminds me of Talon from the MTV show. The bad dubbing is just bringing back memories of Marvel Mash-Ups.

The actress next to Fred during the voice session looks like China McClain (could be wrong). I wonder who the voice is for.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #151 Rick Jones, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess we know why you-know-who hates Spider-Man in this continuity :p.

Should Peter really be going around telling people the webbing dissolves in one hour? I think that might be "need-to-know" information :ack:.
    "Peter's in high school now." When was the last time he wasn't in high school in a cartoon? The MTV show :confused:?

I guess I see what they mean by the character designs being a little more leaner or lanky then in other Marvel cartoons :).

I love Wacker's being so serious about the guy's proposal and then trolling him at the end there :rolleyes2:.

I doubt it was intentional but that description of MIles sounds almost exactly like how you'd usually describe Peter :sweat:.

That description of Anya sounds like every other female lead in a Marvel cartoon...

Cool to see a clip of Spider-Man and Black Cat's first meeting, though I could've done without the gag dub...looks like she's stealing something from Horizon :eek:.

Felicia with a bob cut is...different :harley:.

Looks like Black Cat has some kind of...genetic mutation? Her eyes did something weird there. Also seems to be the source of her bad luck powers given Spidey got caught in his own web here o_O.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Unless Disk Wars counts, yes. He was a teenager in the 60s show, then always college aged and up, and now it's been three straight shows, plus appearances, as a high schooler.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I really wish we could've heard the actual dialogue in that clip, if only to get an idea of who's playing Black Cat and what her dynamic with Spidey is like...

Though it seems like they're about the same age (or at least height equivalent), so I wonder if Felicia attends one of the other high schools competing with Horizon :)?

Also, getting a closer look at that tube she's stealing, it seems like it has the Symbiote in it. I guess she's trying to steal it again like she did in her first appearance in Spectacular :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 1
    #154 Frontier, Aug 8, 2017
  15. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

Interesting. I'm betting these clips are going to keep coming. Is that the symbiote? I'm betting this is after he gets rid of it. I wonder why she'd steal it in the first place. I also hate but love the gag-dub

• Like Like x 1
    #155 Peter Parker, Aug 8, 2017
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Another thing I found interesting is Daymond talking about Peter developing into the more traditional Spider-Man persona over time, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that is handled on the show :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

The animation and art in these clips look really nice. Hopefully this show will mark a turning point in Marvel Animation and we will see this art and animation style (or the art and animation styles from either the first batch of GOTG mini episodes or that Marvel MMO online video game) adapted to all of Marvel's cartoons.

• Like Like x 2
    #157 spyke, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  18. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

Girls and their cute phone cases...

V252 is what she's swiping and #252 is the issue of Amazing Spider-Man where Pete debuts the black suit on Earth after returning from the Secret Wars, so it looks like you're most likely right, and we're getting a situation similar to Spectacular Spider-Man's Black Cat/Spidey run-in. I really hope Felicia is done justice on this show. When I hear that they went full-on villain with her in the comics, it leaves me with a bad after taste.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not a big fan of the animation or some of the designs in Assemble, but I'm not sure if the art style for this show would be a good fit either o_O.

That being said, I'm curious to see how the Avengers and Guardians might look in this art style. Who's up for more redesigns :p?
    Oh! I totally missed that. Awesome reference :D.

And judging by the other goals on her phone, this version of Felicia has some very...high-class tastes :rolleyes2:.

I also hope Black Cat is done well on this show and that she gets to have a significant relationship with Spidey rather then just be a villain-of-the-week, though I doubt she'll appear more then the other Spiders :ack:.

Hopefully she's also as fun a character as always :anime:.

20. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Syfy Wire has another clip:

• Like Like x 5