1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I mean, it's hard to judge or disagree their criticisms of the content without actually seeing the episode, but I can understand their complaints about the animation.

Even watching the origin shorts I think that the animation could look far more refined and appealing then it actually does. But I could say that about every Marvel cartoon :sweat:.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

I like where they're heading with Parker in a way, him (according to descriptions and reviews) having self-doubt, worrying about his Aunt, being smart but at the same time he is really annoying at times, I could take one episode but if he's like this the whole series that will bug me a lot! I also don't like the idea of everybody being a superhero, I mean why can't we have a lot of normal people too? I just don't like these two ideas and I've praised this show too much, but even now it's showing signs of strong faults

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

If you add all of the shorts together, they add up to about the same length as a regular full episode (ditto for the GOTG and AA shorts). So all combine into one episode, the Origin shorts do count as a full episode.

• Like Like x 2
    #83 spyke, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

July 27th:
    I know the Origin shorts add up to half an hour, the same duration as a regular episode of the show. But S1 of Guardians had prequel shorts like this as well, and the season still had 26 regular episodes without them, and the production codes still went from #1-26. I presume this is the case for this show as well (and also "Secret Wars" and S2 of Guardians). I think this special or prequel shorts are produced separately from the current season.

July 29th:
    Here's a new promo:

• Like Like x 4
  5. RazerTheGhostling

RazerTheGhostling New Member

I wonder if the fire sword is Hobgoblin's. Also maybe Spidey fighting the lions hints at Kraven The Hunter

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Great promo for the show with some pretty sweet footage. On top of that, the shorts have all been released online and I'm definitely more excited for this show than before. I think a bit of Spider-Man fatigue was coming on for me with the recent Ultimate Spider-Man vs the Sinister Six, movies, games, etc. However, I'm ready to join you guys on the hype train now if the quality keeps up from the shorts in the show. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

That promo said World Premiere.
    Does that mean it will air in the UK on the same day??

8. Spideyfan123

Spideyfan123 Member

I see a green werewolf in the promo who looks a lot like the hulk

9. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

That's Jackal. They really muscled him up for the show, he's shorter than Spiderman in the comics.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'll give the show's promo's this much...they've got style :cool:.
    Yeah, the only Spider-Rogue I can think of with a flaming sword is the Phil Urich Hobgoblin :eek:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

The YouTube comments are a lot more nicer to show than before. Seems like people are giving it more a shot. Or they just hate Ultimate more.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I think that's the positive response to the shorts warming commenters up to the show. If they can manage to do enough good with the show that the positive vibes remain, that will be awesome. Personally, the only thing putting me off a bit is the inclusion of other Spiders, especially after USM burned me out on that idea, and the animation, which I don't find terrible but I know they can do a lot better than they've been doing.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. strugler

strugler Member

And theeere goes my excitement and hope of this being a solo spidey show in the veins of spectacular spoderman. Peter has a sidekick in his first year as spiderman who happen to have same powers. Not mentioning two other heroes with also same spider powers.

Sigh! Why is it always one step forward 2 steps back with marvel animation just why?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

The idea of making Peter's science intellect an asset is actually a good idea, and integrating the scientific method into the origin shirts is pretty smart. This should be fun.

• Like Like x 1
  16. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

This is a conflicting feeling. You want a Spider-Man show to focus on Peter but you don't want the other spiders to feel lesser.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think this is just a natural consequence of the fact that these characters were not designed or created to co-exist like this.

Peter is, traditionally, a solo-centric hero with a majority civilian supporting cast. The closest thing he has to "sidekicks" or a partner are his love interests.

The other Spiders' stories usually rely on Peter dying (Miles and Gwen) or generally just don't have much to do with him to begin with (Anya).

So if you're going to include the other Spiders in a Peter-centric cartoon, then you're going to have to find a way to have them serve his story even if it means relegating them to a supporting role that they've never been in in the comics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

I'm still hoping those other Spiders are more proactive/get substantial focus rather than just his team on speed dial, since we've already seen the latter with the previous show.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I actually think we might see more of the other way around this time since, unlike USM, this series is making no bones about being a team show :ack:.

They've also emphasized that there will be "team-ups" but that it's still a solo Spider-Man show, so the other Spiders might function more like Robin or the Batfamily in B:TAS where they appear occasionally either altogether or individually for team-ups with Peter but we still usually get Peter having solo adventures :).

Of course, given this show seems to be moving through established Spidey staples pretty quickly, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Sinister Six turn-up to necesitate all the Spiders coming together to fight tehm :eek:.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

So, Robbie Daymond said this on Twitter. Peter will mature as the series progresses. Nice to hear that they're actually developing Peter and other characters like Harry Osborne. By the way, I like Robbie's voice but they made Peter a little too confident and talkative and it's annoying , maybe that's just his excitement and immaturity but still, I wish that that he would shut up sometimes . As for Miles, I doubt that this confirms a team show. Miles just seems more like a younger hero that does his own thing, that Peter keeps an eye on once in a while. Also, if it was a team show, Marvel would've said something and Stephen Wacker wouldn't have said those things on Tumblr about it. The series has tons of potential with story, Peter and Harry have developing story arcs, Miles is pretty much set for an interesting story and if the symbiote has a growing tole, other characters might too.

• Agree Agree x 2