1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 15, 2017.

1. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

2. Spideyfan123

Spideyfan123 Member

Dis anyone see any footage

3. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

I sort of figured this was going to be a Peter-entric show, they've been kind of saying that this whole time. Also, YES I WAS RIGHT...AGAIN! (joke) Also I'm happy to hear that there will be more down-time and it will have a better focus on Peter's insecure but courageous and scientific/geeky personality. I like the focus they're putting on Harry and Peter's friendship, this might be interesting and I like that this Spidey will be like Tom Holland's version. So, our complaining about USM was heard and now is an inspiration for the show? COOL! I think Peter's story sounds pretty interesting. An insecure nerd that has to deal with his newfound powers and the newness of being in a school for geniuses while his best friend (who also has an interesting story) is in a toss-up with the law and he has to keep him from breaking it. I was right about the hero/villain school thing and I was also sort of right about the Venom story though I'm wondering why they would introduce it so early, like episode 7? Though maybe it will have more to it, like episode 7 he will get the suit temporarily then in episode 8 he will get rid of it and put it in Horizon and later on in the series he could get it back somehow. It's weird though, I don't get it. Sounds nice though....

4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  5. SeriousKrendel

SeriousKrendel New Member

what about the Japanese version of the series, which started on 22 July?

6. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

No one was saying that you can't have fan theories or anything like that. It's just matter of setting realistic expectations. As much as the people behind these shows like to say that they take in the same continuity, they have done very little to make the continuity actually make sense.

I would bet real money on that The Avengers showing-up in the new Spidey show are (more or less) the AA's versions and if Spidey shows up in the other shows, he will be voiced by Raymond and have the personality from the new show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

I was worried for a bit that introducing, Vulture, Scorpion, the Symbiote Spider-Slayers and Sandman in the first 8 episodes would be too much, then I remembered Spectacular's first 8 episodes and OH BOY, lots and llots of stuff happens

8. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

"Realistic expectations"

[​IMG]

That's a term primarily used for people struggling with depression or relationship issues. "Realistic expectations" can't be applied to the writing for a fictional superhero show without founding it on your own point of view or expectations. 1.) It's not founded in reality and 2.) we don't know for a fact what will happen next. Spoilers can't be applied to real life.

Yeah, I don't know what is up with that. Even Ultimate Spider-Man had leaks...

• Informative Informative x 1
    #48 TheLemsterPju, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  9. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

I kept staring that reply for a good while and struggled to write anything back. Let's just keep things simple and on-topic by saying that is very narrow/weird way to define what "realistic expectations" means. I'm pretty sure that people use it all the time in other context than what you described.

10. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

No just that at a certain point the fans put way more thought into this than the writers, LOL. We had people badgering Steve Wacker for God knows how long about whether or not Ultimate Spider-Man took place in the same universe as Avengers: EMH or talking about how it could fit with some sort of cosmic reality warper event that made Cage and Iron Fist younger or something. Then it turned out there was no real answer because it was two unrelated shows that someone in charge had claimed maybe were in the same universe because they thought kids don't pay attention to stuff like that.

I'm not expecting this to be any different.

I'll be frank, I don't really get why people obsess over whether or not everything they watch fits together in the same canon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I just hope Iron Man isn't one of The Avengers who shows up.

I've just kind of had my fill of Iron Man in Spider-Man at this point :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Spideyfan123

Spideyfan123 Member

Again has anyone seen aby footage

13. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

I wanna know too, was it good?

14. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's not much, but we now have the title for the series premiere - "Horizon High", Parts 1 and 2. (And not "New Beginnings" like several sites have falsely reported for weeks).

And remember the "Origin" animated shorts will officially be released this week. I'll start a separate talkback thread for those in a few hours.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

16. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Just went on demand and was surprised to see 5 of 6 shorts available. Number 3 doesn't seem to be for some reason. I'm guessing they're on Watch Disney XD too.

I don't know how the rest of the series will go but I liked this take on the origin.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    #56 Rick Jones, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  17. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

They are, I sadly can't watch them

18. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

19. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

I might've figured something out. They seem to really focus on Harry's turn to evil. I bet he will be like a man in the shadows secretly orchestrating ways to kill Spider-Man. Episode 4 will probably focus on Harry's descent to evil due to his humiliation and anger towards Horizon High.In that, he will try to do an evil act but then get caught by Spidey and that forms a rivalry. In episode 5 , Harry hires Smythe to create Spider-Slayers. In Episode 6, The Jackal/maybe Black Cat appears. Episode 7, Oscorp mutates Flint Marko and..Penny? Into Sandman and Sandgirl, Spider-Man also briefly gets the Symiote Suit and in Episode 8, gets rid of it, but it grows an attraction. Episodes 1-3 already have descriptions that suppor

• Like Like x 1
  20. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

Somebody on Superherohype got too see episode 1 and 2 on comic-con
    http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=35530903&postcount=667

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3