1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 15, 2017.

1. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

In the ultimate Spider-Man comics before Miles went to the 616 universe Mile's mom Rio died in the crossfire between Spidey and Venom before she was returned to life in the 616 universe and his dad was alive.

In the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon Rio was alive and his dad Jefferson was died and he had been a cop shown in a picture in one episode.

I wonder if this iteration in this show just has his Dad or both.

What do you think??

• Like Like x 1
  2. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

After just watching the Stark Expo/Iron Man episode, I think that the art and animation style of this should should become the standard house style for future Marvel cartoons. The writing style, while nothing groundbreaking, should be the standard of how future Marvel cartoons should be written. And despite it's flaws (like Peter being at a school for geniuses and working with a team of characters with spider powers who also happen to be his classmates and geniuses), this show is definitely better than USM and comes the closes to being like SSM, IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I dig the design style and I'm very glad they finally broke away from the standard design style they were using for the past 5 years and found one that really matched the tone but I still wish it at least looked as polished as Ultimate Spider-Man tended to be. There are still times now and then when I hate the 3D backgrounds and there are times when I think the coloring feels pretty off. For example, during a scene with a crumbling wall in the latest episode, I just felt as though it would have worked that much better if those details weren't distracting me.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm glad the show has its own, unique, design and art style compared to the other Marvel cartoons even if I'm not always crazy about every design or take on a character they deliver and sometimes feel they could look more distinctive or visually appealing.

I do wish the animation was more refined and polished though, because it still feels like the quality of the animation is far below what it should be :sad:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Here's a Disney XD promo for October featuring some new footage from upcoming episodes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Descriptions for the episodes set to premiere next month are now available on the Disney Press site. I'm listing them below by airing order, not by production codes (that way, "Screwball Live" should be somewhere between "Stark Expo" and "Ultimate Spider-Man", yet airing afterwards).

8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

"Low-level villain" is pretty likely Blizzard. Though I doubt he'd enjoy being called that :p.

I wonder if any Avengers will make some cameos when the Symbiote breaks free of Avengers Compound o_O?

Now the "Screwball Live" description fails to mention Hammerhead and Absorbing Man :confused:.

Interesting that Miles isn't mentioned in any of these descriptions, so I'm curious how much he'll factor into things now that he has powers. Unless the "Spider-Man" they mention is him :sweat:?

9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm probably over-thinking this, but "Screwball Live" is the only episode that might have an excuse for Miles to be absent (since production code-wise it takes place before the spider bit him).

On a somewhat related note, I've found some theories online - but don't have any proof for these yet - that the episode with production code 103 that hasn't aired (and like I mentioned before, I doubt it's the "Origin" shorts put together), might have set up the Jackal before his sudden appearance at the start of "Osborn Academy". It does sound kind of plausible but I don't know if it's accurate.

#409 RoyalRubble, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This makes me wonder how many times we're going to be asking where the other Spiders are on a given episode :p.
    It would be so weird if they air an episode and suddenly it's the first time Spidey and the Jackal have ever encountered one another :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 2
    #410 Frontier, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2017
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Clip from tomorrow's episode:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

"Something you learn when you're Kraven Knowledge!"

Already my favorite villain.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Kraven's voice sounds familiar, similar in attitude to Steve Blum or Deidrich Badder, but not either as far as I can tell. Maybe Darren De Paul?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought it was Troy Baker with a Russian accent...

15. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

With the Savage look and jagged teeth, Kraven looks like he's halfway between traditional Kraven and Cat Kraven.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's so weird seeing Peter swing-around with Miles Morales as his Spider-Sidekick/partner :sweat:.

I know we got that in USM too, but still o_O.

17. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Promo for "Halloween Moon":

• Like Like x 2
  18. Troy Troodon

Probably nothing to do with anything currently, but anyone else think Fred Tatasciore would make a good Dr. Murdock in Live-Action?

19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

"Dr. Murdock" :confused:?

20. Troy Troodon

I meant Max Moddell.