1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 15, 2017.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This is kind of funny - an episode titled "Screwball Live" is now listed on Zap2It for November 18th.
    Now, I think Zap2It is a more reliable source when it comes to stuff like this. The only thing that might change is the air-date, but the episode descriptions are usually correct. And this one sounds a little more plausible than what was posted online before.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. strugler

strugler Member

Well,

I have watched the Venom episode as well as two other episodes titled "Rise of Doc Ock" Part 1 and Part 2, and i hate to say that the series really started strong then just went down quick. I wont spoil anything but really i dont get the writers with all the very VERY different takes on these characters. Also Miles being a full time sidekick is not really my thing. I love his comics, but having two characters both called spider-man in a show where it was supposed to be a back to basics is just stupid imo

also the fact that the villains have all being drastically changed and sometime they just pop up from no where really makes them less interesting.

Will check back the season finale to see how thing have changed and then decide if i come back for season 2, but so far i am very disappointed, mainly with this being another team of spiders show.

3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So we are getting a Screwball Episode. Cool. Should be fun :).

Although I can't help but wonder if it's going to turn out to be Liz under that costume at this point :sweat:.

Hammerhead coming back is also cool, though I wonder if he'll actually fight Spidey in this or just have Absorbing Man do it :eek:?
    So I take it Miles still goes by Spider-Man on this show?

4. strugler

strugler Member

Yes! Both of them go by the name Spider-man.

I am not kidding there is this one scene, when one character, i wont say who, says something like " you spider-man and you too spider-man" while talking to both peter and Miles. I get they want to try something new, but a team of spider is not new. we just got rid of one. Anyway, really had hope for the series but it is not for me. So im down to only one marvel cartoon now which is guardians (as i thing the current Avengers season is very weak compared to last one)

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So we get a teen Spider-Man who's only been active for one or two months, tops, and then he teams-up with another teen Spider-Person...also named Spider-Man.

Okay...

6. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

Really weird they went with this approach. Even weirder because Miles and Pete are close in age. But like any Marvel Animation decision you kinda just have to go with it

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Now I'm wondering how they're going to justify Anya's codename.

If Peter and Miles can both be Spider-Man, why can't Anya be Spider-Woman like Gwen is :confused:?

8. thisguyisnotcool

They could've avoided that by just calling her Arana :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Ugh, if Marvel wants Miles so much, then why can’t he just have his own standalone series.

I get it, Marvel wants to promote Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as well as the upcoming Miles Morales movie, but please don’t have so many Spider-Men and Women in one series, it just ruins the spotlight for the main Spider-Man/Women. We just came back from Web Warriors and Spidey vs. the Sin Six where we had like 5 Spider-Men.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #389 SuperFan2024, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  10. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

They should have just called Miles either "Kid Arachnid" again, Arachnid Man,or Shadow Spider (because of his ability to cloak himself).

That all being said, this is one of (several) the problems with having several redundant knockoff characters (who have MOSTLY similar powers) simultaneously running around the same universe.

11. thisguyisnotcool

I think the problem is that Miles is only known by Spider-Man. They probably don't wanna confuse kids by the time his animated movie comes out.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

At least no more confused then then they'll be by Spider-Man hanging out with another hero, also called Spider-Man :p.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Did anyone else think Miles was 13? He seemed about the same age as Peter and the rest of the Horizon kids :sweat:.

I see Miles has Spencer Smythe webbed-up. I wonder if this means he'll be the main villain of the episode :ack:?

Sounds like we'll be seeing Miles' dad Jefferson show up, unaware that his son is Spider-Man, which should be fun :).

Though they don't mention his mom, so I wonder if that means she isn't in it? Which would be kind of funny since she showed up in USM but Jefferson didn't :p.

When Nadji mentions a castmate named "Yuri," does he mean Yuri Lowenthal? I wonder if that means Clayton/Clash is coming back o_O?

15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 3
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Looks like the Spider-Slayer is going to be the main villain of Miles' debut episode :cool:.

So Miles is unmasked in-front of Gwen and Anya...it's going to be funny if they know who Miles is but still don't know Peter is Spider-Man :p.

Oh hey, it's Scorpion :anime:!

What the heck is with Kraven's arm and eyes :eek:?

I guess this is the episode where Miles learns Peter is Spider-Man. Or, well, the other Spider-Man :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 2
  17. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

This version of Kraven looks more like Kraven's Son: Alyosha Kravinoff who became the Second Kraven the Hunter in the comics especially with the hair and the mask thing over his eyes.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The metal arm is completely new though :eek:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Clip from tomorrow's episode:

• Like Like x 4
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, looks like Spencer and Alistair are fighting over Miles in giant Spider-Slayer Mecha's :eek:.

Looks like they're going with he bearded look for Jefferson :).

Miles' powers are as overpowered as ever :p.

• Like Like x 1