1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

Ah, I see. Well, darn. I hope the same about the villains. I'm kind of proud of myself too . I was right about the Horizon High vs Oscorp Academy thing. Now, why do I have a feeling that most heroes will come from Horizon High and most villains will come from Oscorp Academy?

#21 Peter Parker, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  2. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

Just wait they will turn Aunt May into She-Hulk or Tigra or Max into Sentry or something lame just because they can.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #22 macattack, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2017
  3. thisguyisnotcool

thisguyisnotcool Active Member

Well if Gwen, Miles, and Anya are on it too you might see a lot of their friends or family

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

That feels like something out of the Avengers Academy game.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd like to think we'll see their families to some degree, but I'm not sure how in-depth will go into anyone's personal life, let alone anyone who isn't Peter :sweat:.

Though I think an appearance from Captain Stacy is pretty likely :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

They did mention Peter's personal life a few times, so I'd expect something. Honestly I feel that some of the advertising has been misleading, like how the trailers are edited to pander to a DXD audience. I think it has potential. The rivalry between Horizon and Oscorp is kind of neat, I'm happy that Marvel is focusing on Peter and his issues more with this, I like the idea of Harry being in a toss-up with the law because it would be great development for him and could be emotional for Peter and other friends, things having growing roles (like in the symbiote‘s case) could lead to tons of different directions and character/world growth and if we're juding by the WonderCon footage description then it definitely is less juvenile and more "grown-up".Also the team is pretty good, you've got guys from stuff like Transformers Prime and AXIS working on it, the voice cast is great, and I do like the animation, it works for Spidey.

7. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
    #27 TheLemsterPju, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

We knew about that for a while now. The panel for this show was mentioned twice in the last thread.

Interesting how the Marvel Animation panel on the 22nd still lists Stephen Wacker as a host.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. TheLemsterPju

Since it wasn't mentioned in this thread, I thought I would give a reminder. :p

• Like Like x 3
  10. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

He's probably just hosting the same way you hear about someone like Chris Hardwick hosting a panel rather than presenting the information himself.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe Wacker will use it as an opportunity to introduce his successor...?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

At the animation panel they confirmed we will see the Avengers at some point in this series (which I called early on).

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't know what the point is of having the Avengers show up when this is supposedly, (emphasis on supposedly) supposed to be set in a different continuity and we're already supposed to be getting a bunch of other Spiders for Peter to team-up with, but whatever :shrug:.

I guess I'm curious to see how The Avengers will look in this show's animation style and which Avengers will show up. Maybe we can hope for new VA's for some of them :rolleyes2:?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. TheLemsterPju

I think the easiest way they could explain a crossover with this and Guardians is if Marvel's Spider-Man takes place on the MAU's Counter Earth (i.e. Spider-Man Unlimited and "Heroes Reborn"). ^^

Maybe Warlock creates it in the GotG S2 finale?

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Rounding up the news from the Comic-Con panel, via Newsarama's live coverage:
    https://www.newsarama.com/35564-sdcc-2017-marvel-animation-presents-panel.html

• Informative Informative x 5
  16. RoryWilliams

The chance of that happening is pretty much zero. They're either gonna ignore the discrepancies or keep it vague which canon this actually is (like when Drake Bell Spidey showed up in EMH).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. TheLemsterPju

Nah, I doubt that. Wacker already confirmed that Marvel's Spider-Man won't be in the same continuity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. RoryWilliams

If I had to bet money on them either not addressing the inconsistencies or doing a storyline revealing the show is set on a Counter Earth created by Adam Warlock, I'd bet on the former every time.

This is the same regime that tried to pretend the first season of Ultimate Spider-Man and EMH were somehow in the same universe despite that not making a single lick of sense, so I'm not expecting any continuity policing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. TheLemsterPju

I guess it's a bad thing for me to have fan-theories or open-mindedness for how they will handle this.

I didn't expect Assemble's later seasons to acknowledge the Leader's ship or Vista Verde from Agents of S.M.A.S.H., but I still stand by my faith in the writers and showrunners on how they'll handle continuity.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm glad that they're responding to fans wanting more Peter, not just Spider-Man, and that the show will still be Peter-centric and focused on him even with all the other Spiders turning up (even if it won't feature his traditional supporting cast that much) :).

Seems like Peter gets a new adult mentor every cartoon...Robbie in the 90's cartoon, Captain Stacy in Spectacular, Nick Fury in USM, and now Max Modell here.

"Sandman's daughter Sandgirl." I just...what? Who? Why :confused:?

I saw someone compare this design for Peter to Harry Potter, but I wasn't expecting them to go full-on Hogwarts with the school on this show. It seems pretty silly to me, but I guess it'll explain why they're de-aging or featuring younger versions of certain members of the Rogues Gallery :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1