"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Jul 15, 2017.

1. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Aren't the rights for The Fantastic Four currently with Fox, a rival to Disney and Marvel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, yeah, but not the animation rights :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SweetShop209

Well, my guess is that Disney wants to promote something they directly own, hence the increased emphasis on Spiderman, Big Hero 6, and the Avengers. By promoting the Fantastic Four, even if Fox doesn't have the animation rights, they're still promoting the competition.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if it's on Disney or if it's on Marvel, who are producing the cartoons. Especially with Ike Perlmutter running Marvel and severely downplaying them in other media :mad:.

I think if Disney cared about whether the X-Men or FF appeared in the cartoons Wolverine and Thing would probably not have made as many guest appearances as they did in the early Loeb-era.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Barbossa

Barbossa Active Member

I am surprisingly hooked on this show for now, but I dread when Miles, Anya and Gwen all become superheroes. We know they will likely forced than on us in just the first season. Its such an unnecessary change of dynamic to the show. Hope they don't turn Liz and Flash to superheroes or villains too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

The Fantastic Four did appear in an episode of Hulk and the Agents of SMASH season 1 when they helped defeat the Tribbitite invasion and The Thing who is a member of the Fantastic Four appeared a few times in Hulk and the Agents of SMASH, Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble.

Miles will be the first to get his powers in episode 10 of season 1 airing September 23rd in an episode titled "Ultimate Spider-Man".

Mod Note: Double Post merged.

#306 ChessKing, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2017
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm starting to think they're going to make Flash into Venom for convenience's sakes, so they can just develop him into Agent Venom from there rather then have Flash come after a more villainous Venom :sweat:.

It's probably why they're slowly building him up as a character so far.
    I'd also point out that those appearances were very early into the Loeb-era Marvel cartoons, before the embargo's were more strict :ack:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Looks like we're getting plenty of Spidey and Black Cat in "A Day in the Life" :D.

Also seems like both Jackal and the Spider-Slayer will be making a return in "Party Animals," and I can't say I'd be surprised to see the Smythe's try and ruin Harry's return to Horizon :mad:.

And we'll also probably get some more insight into the Jackal and his relationship with Gwen :ack:.

Peter in a tux and Anya in a dress :anime:.

10. SweetShop209

Here's a clip of tomorrow's episode with Black Cat. In pretty sure that's Grey DeLisle Griffin voicing her. She's definitely channeling her inner Catwoman.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Which shouldn't be too hard given she's the voice of Catwoman in the Arkham series and Injustice games :anime:.

I like the Jazzy theme music they have for Black Cat here ;).

It's funny that I can't tell whether it's Black Cat's bad luck powers that are effecting Spider-Man or just his general clumsiness :p.

Is that a Spider-Tracer he latched onto her :)?

12. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Disney Channel PR confirmed Rhino will appear in "Party Animals":

• Like Like x 1
  13. SweetShop209

Well, the title is a big indicator

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well there's a beauty and a beast if ever I saw ;).

Rhino has a very pronounced jaw in this continuity :p.

15. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

IMO, Black Cat looks very cute..but I'm not sure how I feel about Rhino's design. Maybe it's the hair...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Is that a mohawk or a mullet :p?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Matt Parker

Matt Parker New Member

Ok, prediction time. We know Jackal is in Party Animals, and since he is being set up as a big bad, maybe he creates Rhino? Spider-Island has been confirmed to be a story that will happen (presumably in Season One), and since that story involves the Jackal mutating people with animal DNA, maybe he creates Rhino as a beta test before he pulls off his big plan.

18. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Part of me is wondering if it's The Rhino or just someone turned into a rhino creature. Knowing that we saw several beast people in the promos has me wondering if its some kind of situation where party guests are turned into monsters. I could definitely see them use the opportunity to turn someone like John Jameson into a wolf.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wouldn't be surprised if this Rhino is just a nameless kid The Jackal turns into a mutant Rhino creature along with other kids transformed into creatures resembling other Spider-Man villains :evil:.

Though with that in mind, and given the likelihood he'll probably be cured by the end of the episode, it does beg the question whether we should regard him as the show's "official" Rhino and not just a prelude to the real version :ack:.

I could see John being one of the werewolves we saw Spidey tussling with in promos, although I would think him turning into Man-Wolf would necessitate a whole episode dedicated to him rather then having him just be one of many mutant teenagers. Though given that John hasn't been that prominent a character yet and his dad still hasn't shown up, I guess I'm not surprised :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

For those of you who live in the UK the series starts airing on Disney XD next week on September 9th with the 2 part season premiere Horizon High parts 1 and 2.

• Informative Informative x 1